InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Congrats on the Candida drop PCa! Your dogs should do great with it because it's virtually no THC.

[Note to all: never ever give dogs THC or even blow smoke in their faces. My son won't let our dog in the garage with him when he's smoking in there because it becomes a bit of a hot-box.]

I'm not sure why your wife still doesn't see that cannabis is medicine for you, as smokey mentioned below. She should want you to feel better and not be addicted to more and more pharmaceuticals.

It's always good when spouses can finally come around to medical cannabis, however she takes it. Nothing wrong with baby pink lungs!
Thanks Shed and Amy :high-five: I am hoping to convert her someday maybe after she sees how the dogs do on it she will start seeing the benefits of Cannabis and or CBD

You could put a bed of rice in the oven, get it warm and then let it cool enough to put the pollen in there for a while - that might work. It seems to me if you close the container, it’s going to sweat a little bit if there’s still moisture in it. But you have more experience than I with the rice balls technique so if you think that’ll work then I expect it will!

You could put a bed of rice in the oven, get it warm and then let it cool enough to put the pollen in there for a while - that might work. It seems to me if you close the container, it’s going to sweat a little bit if there’s still moisture in it. But you have more experience than I with the rice balls technique so if you think that’ll work then I expect it will!
I pulled the rice from the toaster oven at 200 and sealed it in tupperware to cool in the fridge. When it was cool I sealed it in a ziploc, which is where I'm taking the rice for the pollen bags.

As my mother used to say, sufficient unto the day. I don't think she used it with its original depressing meaning though!

There are some good tips for dealing with the dry pollen here
Might make collecting the finished product a bit easier...

Glad to help! - After reading that, I don't know why any pollen I collected was still viable...I did just about everything wrong!

Morning Shed! I hope your weekend is good so far. :hug:

I am planning to make some oil using @Amy Gardner ’s recipe and then making gummies using @Carcass and @13goody13 ’s recipe. I was planning on using bud from the tent Cinderella’s on this first try. The website I purchased the seeds from claims a THC level around 22%....not sure how accurate that is but I will say it’s a powerful buzz. I also plan to use coconut oil since the purpose of this batch is for gummy making.

I noted that you suggest decarbing @240 degrees for 90 mins wrt THC. I shall do that. Amy‘s recipe uses 1g decarbed bud per 1 oz carrier oil, and for some reason I thought I saw somewhere that you use a slightly different ratio. Is that correct or am I just smoking too much while pouring thru these recipes? :cheesygrinsmiley: :laughtwo:

Thank you as always for your help. :adore:

Colombian Gold Pollen Now what was that ur going to use it on ? LOL Hope ur doing OK
Thanks sb! All is well here other than a tweaked left knee. I have no idea what I'll be using the CG pollen on but it seemed to be a shame to have a male and not try to harvest some pollen!
Morning Shed! I hope your weekend is good so far.

I am planning to make some oil using @Amy Gardner ’s recipe and then making gummies using @Carcass and @13goody13 ’s recipe. I was planning on using bud from the tent Cinderella’s on this first try. The website I purchased the seeds from claims a THC level around 22%....not sure how accurate that is but I will say it’s a powerful buzz. I also plan to use coconut oil since the purpose of this batch is for gummy making.

I noted that you suggest decarbing @240 degrees for 90 mins wrt THC. I shall do that. Amy‘s recipe uses 1g decarbed bud per 1 oz carrier oil, and for some reason I thought I saw somewhere that you use a slightly different ratio. Is that correct or am I just smoking too much while pouring thru these recipes?

Thank you as always for your help.
If the Cindy is rated at 22% on a best-case, I'd probably put it in the calculator at 15% THC.

I don't know if you want to calculate the THC/gummy or just have a few and see how it goes (to determine dose), but if you let me know how many gummies your recipe makes and how much oil that uses, I can give you some numbers.

I decarb in foil pouch which is why I go 90 minutes. If you do it in an open tray I would say go 70 mins.

I'll be here off and on so I should be able to get back to you in enough time to execute your plan!

Thanks sb! All is well here other than a tweaked left knee. I have no idea what I'll be using the CG pollen on but it seemed to be a shame to have a male and not try to harvest some pollen!

If the Cindy is rated at 22% on a best-case, I'd probably put it in the calculator at 15% THC.

I don't know if you want to calculate the THC/gummy or just have a few and see how it goes (to determine dose), but if you let me know how many gummies your recipe makes and how much oil that uses, I can give you some numbers.

I decarb in foil pouch which is why I go 90 minutes. If you do it in an open tray I would say go 70 mins.

I'll be here off and on so I should be able to get back to you in enough time to execute your plan!
Thanks so much! I have an ounce decarbing right now. Let me go back and see if I can find an all THC recipe as I think Carcass’ and goody’s are blended with CBD. :hug:

Thanks so much! I have an ounce decarbing right now. Let me go back and see if I can find an all THC recipe as I think Carcass’ and goody’s are blended with CBD. :hug:
Here is a good gummy tutorial from an old cooking thread if it helps.

Here are the ingredients:
Two 3oz boxes of regular Jello (with sugar!).
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

1g decarbed bud per 1 oz carrier oil, and for some reason I thought I saw somewhere that you use a slightly different ratio.
You’ve likely seen that with regard to topical oils. Shed aims for 15mg/ml and you won’t get that with 1g bud per oz of oil (but it’s fine for a dosing oil).

With infused oil for consumption you can use whatever gives you the strength you need in the oil.

I’d be more generous thanShed in the estimations and I’d be likely to guess it at closer to 18%. That kind of strength, with the 1g per oz of oil should get you around 6mg/ml of oil - very approximately.

When I’m making an edible - I usually work out how much of the oil will be in each final piece and then decide how strong to make the oil. :)

see if I can find an all THC recipe as I think Carcass’ and goody’s are blended with CBD.
Good mornin' Boo!
The gummy recipe is the same for thc, cbd, or blended gummies, so me and goody's recipe should work fine for you.
The difference is in the infusion process- I just add an oz of cbd pot to the usual 2oz of thc pot- still just 2 cups of oil, though- so they're the same thc strength as always, but also contain a good dose of cbd...

...and don't forget to add the lecithin after you infuse the oil...
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
I'd say just go with 2 pkgs- 3 makes them too "firm"

You’ve likely seen that with regard to topical oils. Shed aims for 15mg/ml and you won’t get that with 1g bud per oz of oil (but it’s fine for a dosing oil).

With infused oil for consumption you can use whatever gives you the strength you need in the oil.

I’d be more generous thanShed in the estimations and I’d be likely to guess it at closer to 18%. That kind of strength, with the 1g per oz of oil should get you around 6mg/ml of oil - very approximately.

When I’m making an edible - I usually work out how much of the oil will be in each final piece and then decide how strong to make the oil. :)
Thank you Amy! This is brand new to me so I’m going to do math in public....
I have bear molds that hold 1 ml each (100 total so 100 ml); I have some hearts that hold 1.5 ml each (55 total so 82.5 ml); I have shell molds that hold 5 ml each (15 total so 75 ml). 100+82.5+75= 257 ml. Is that what you were referring to wrt how much oil in each final piece? :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom