InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hey @InTheShed! I've been meaning to make a comment in your journal for some time now. I've read many a thread where you've provided great info, and made me decide to feed right till the chop. Anyhow brother, just wanted to drop by and say thanks, and also...dang man, can't believe those beauties you've got!

Thanks. Did not remember conversation being the same thing.
Yes - it changed to ‘conversations’ with the new website software :)

Speaking of which...has anyone else found that they can no longer start conversations w more than one person? :hmmmm: Used to be able to message to a group.

I don't worry too much about yellowing lowers except as it telling me to bump the MC strength. And from looking at the thinning job I do before flip, there are few lowers to yellow any more! :goodluck: on the seeds.
I have reluctantly surrendered to it as inevitable... for now. My current Gorilla Glue is slowly losing bottoms to the point it is almost reaching the top, that is otherwise fine, but at seven weeks I will make it to the end. I am already at 6.5 MC so I think I will play it safe and stay there. I am watching these organic grows with interest to see if they are heathier to the end. Your plants are looking good. Hope you are coping ok. :)

That has to be the most root bound plant I have ever seen Shed, think it might be time to repot
Now ya tell me!
Do you by any chance make Lacto, Shed? I have never used it as a foliar spray, but have read that it and AACTs work to fend off and prevent infections when sprayed.
I made lacto a few (hundred?) pages back to see if it would help with the PM. It certainly didn't kill it but I haven't sprayed all my plants on a regular basis to see if it prevents it. I would need two PM-prone clones growing at the same time to prove that.
Crap, InTheshed, I was going to PM you. I forgot where you go to do that.
Got it, thanks!
Top of the page, little envelope Icon w ‘Inbox’ next to it - that’s the private conversations area :)
:thanks: Amy.
Hate to break it to you. That looks NOTHING like a poinsettia
Oh I don't know about NOTHING like it:
istockphoto-1084998634-1024x1024.jpg

That's one hungry plant...! :)
It ate all the ProMix? :morenutes:
Hey @InTheShed! I've been meaning to make a comment in your journal for some time now. I've read many a thread where you've provided great info, and made me decide to feed right till the chop. Anyhow brother, just wanted to drop by and say thanks, and also...dang man, can't believe those beauties you've got!
Thanks Rexer, I'm always glad to be able to help out a fellow grower! :welcome: to my journal and feel free to chime in now that you've broken the ice here. :ciao:
I have reluctantly surrendered to it as inevitable... for now. My current Gorilla Glue is slowly losing bottoms to the point it is almost reaching the top, that is otherwise fine, but at seven weeks I will make it to the end. I am already at 6.5 MC so I think I will play it safe and stay there. I am watching these organic grows with interest to see if they are heathier to the end. Your plants are looking good. Hope you are coping ok. :)
Coping as best as I can I reckon, thanks!

Your plants are always really bushy, so losing fans as you get deeper into flower seems like no big deal, and the size of the buds is telling you the same thing. I don't have the space to mix and cook soil, but if I tried it I would go for a water-only soil like VanStank runs. If I have to add drenches and sprays and thinking about the correct timing of them, I might as well just spend a couple of minutes mixing up MegaCrop!

Now ya tell me!

I made lacto a few (hundred?) pages back to see if it would help with the PM. It certainly didn't kill it but I haven't sprayed all my plants on a regular basis to see if it prevents it. I would need two PM-prone clones growing at the same time to prove that.

Got it, thanks!

:thanks: Amy.

Oh I don't know about NOTHING like it:
istockphoto-1084998634-1024x1024.jpg

It ate all the ProMix? :morenutes:

Thanks Rexer, I'm always glad to be able to help out a fellow grower! :welcome: to my journal and feel free to chime in now that you've broken the ice here. :ciao:

Coping as best as I can I reckon, thanks!

Your plants are always really bushy, so losing fans as you get deeper into flower seems like no big deal, and the size of the buds is telling you the same thing. I don't have the space to mix and cook soil, but if I tried it I would go for a water-only soil like VanStank runs. If I have to add drenches and sprays and thinking about the correct timing of them, I might as well just spend a couple of minutes mixing up MegaCrop!
I hear ya. Can't argue with your points but I am retired and in lockdown so making unnecessary changes to my garden is something to do. But I mention organic because I have been following MrKrips sponsored grow of a 2 part organic that seems actually easier than MC. Once a month topical application. Glad you are hanging in. :)

I use lactobacillus serum, made from milk and molasses. It not only provides an active layer of protection against pests, but it helps increase transpiration too.
Hey there Shed and @The Celt. Noticed a your discussion about the lacto as well as @Emilya’s mention of it recently. I looked up a recipe and it doesn’t seem very hard. Wonder if it could be used as a prophylactic for spider mites? :hmmmm:

Is the iso/water spray not working? Don't go chasing waterfalls
Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day..;).:slide:

The iso seemed to work very well so I am continuing the 3 day plan with that. I was just wondering about new and interesting ways of doing things and saw two “lacto” related themes within a certain time and thought I’d ask...for future grows. I will re-google and see if I find anything! Enjoy the day! :thanks:

could be used as a prophylactic for spider mites? :hmmmm:
I don’t think so. I mean anything that improves plant health helps resilience agains pests and lactoB will improve health. But it’s not a preventative for pests, no.
As shed said, molasses isn’t necessary in a lacto bacillus serum. They’re better without it IMO :)

I have a guide for making it which you can find in the “Unconventional Farmer” archive link in my sig.

Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day
There are way worse songs to have to spend the day humming!
I have a guide for making it which you can find in the “Unconventional Farmer” archive link in my sig.
Thanks Amy, and it's your LABS guide I used to make mine.

On another topic, I highly recommend the movie Palm Springs now out on Hulu! Don't read reviews or plot summaries as it will spoil the fun. Go in cold and enjoy!

Sorry HG! PM is powdery mildew (aka white powdery mildew or WPM), and DE is diatomaceous earth.

Thank you, Shed. :love:

So powdery mildew is obviously a bad thing but what damage does it cause and how do you fix it?

Also, what is diatomaceous earth? I looked up the diatomaceous and it mentioned silica. Is that essentially what it is mixed with dirt or am I way off base? :battingeyelashes:

"Powdery mildew, a fungal disease that is prevalent in warm, dry weather, is one of the most common and easily recognized plant diseases. Almost no type of plant is immune, however, some are more susceptible than others. Lilacs, crab apples, phlox, monarda, roses, grapes, squash, and cucumbers are all likely targets for powdery mildew. [And cannabis obviously]
Recognizing Powdery Mildew
As the name implies, powdery mildew looks like powdery splotches of white or gray that appear on the leaves and stems of plants. There are actually several types of powdery mildew fungi, but they all look basically the same on your plants. You may not notice a problem until the top surfaces of the leaves turn powdery, but powdery mildew often starts on the undersides of leaves and can also take hold on the stems, flowers, buds, and even the fruit."
Source

Hard to get rid of for plants in flower. In veg, neem oil works great for me.

Diatomaceous Earth:
"Diatomite is of value as an insecticide, because of its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties. The fine powder adsorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of the exoskeletons of many species of insects; this layer acts as a barrier that resists the loss of water vapour from the insect's body. Damaging the layer increases the evaporation of water from their bodies, so that they dehydrate, often fatally."
Source

It only works when it's dry, so on or in the soil will work sometimes. It's also can be used as a spray when mixed with water and applied to the undersides of leaves - also in veg. When it dries the powder stays on the leaves and kills crawling insects. Don't use DE in flower as it's not good for the lungs.

Back
Top Bottom