InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

How about a late Sunday night update for those early Monday risers?

Finally got around to making the Gibberellic Acid (GA3) spray for the Candida-seeda project, so let's roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look.

First, all credit for this method goes to @The Celt and his post here. I'll post what I did but as always, I'd recommend checking out my source as well.

Got the GA3 off of Amazon:

I measured out 10ml of 91% iso because it's hard to dissolve GA3 in water:

Then I weighed 0.3g of GA3 to mix into the iso:

Shake shake shake. It dissolved in about 15 minutes, but I did not shake it most of the time. Per Celt's recommendation here, I used 2 liters of water for the 0.3g of powder (distilled because why not):

After stirring it all together, I poured whatever fit into this small spray bottle that I taped up to block some light:

The rest I dumped down the sink because I don't think it keeps well. The spray bottle stays in the fridge when not in use.

I took off some side branching on one of the two non-flowering Candidas and sprayed the whole thing lightly:

When it dried I moved it back into the sun. I'll be spraying it once a day for 5 days and then flipping it.

I also did the post-stretch thinning on the Carnival on flip day 24 (#nolarf):

And sprayed the whole thing with 1% citric acid spray, which was the winner so far of the three-spray spray-off (diluted milk, straight H2O2, and citric acid). More on that at another time.

Last for tonight, I put the @Weedseedsexpress summer grow into flower, so Monday (calendar day 202) is flip day 1 for the Power Plant and Chocolope. Here are the plants currently at 12/12:

I took the strips down to 180 watts to save some electricity. The plants are under the lights less than two hours a day.

Which means that these move into the tent with the light on all night (at 120 watts but concentrated over a smaller area):

I'm hardening off the two Carnival clones and will make one a mother. To keep my mothers at a max of four plants, I'll then be flowering the Fruit Punch mother as I have more fem seeds of that one.

I hope your weekend went well, at an acceptable distance from those you don't live with. And possibly from those you do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now days I almost only watch documentaries.
On plastic printing.
Started casting spells at them as well now
Hard pass. I'll stick to crystals and tent mascots science.
Could make it easier to solve with a different pH, sodium solves easier with lower pH.
If I have to start mixing more things I'll just go back to adding Armor Si!

Great update Shed!

Well that is a f-cking long carbon chain on that acid you bought, no wonder it's hard to solve... Hope it works for you.:thumb:

Finally think I'm starting to figure out how this science behind the printing works and results are improving now. Just need to spend more time with modelling to get more artistic, started painting prints as well now. Will show off some piece soon when I get really satisfied with something... LoL

Could be any number of things, and hard to tell without following along with the grow and seeing pics as it happens especially if he has 4 of the same plant all being treated exactly the same. Not sure we can tell just from looking at a couple of pics, but post them here and we'll get some opinions.

Thanks, Shed. :love:

Photo 1 - HP1.jpeg

Photo 2 - HP1.jpeg

Photo 3 - HP2.jpeg

Photo 4 - HP2.jpeg

Photo 5 - HP2.jpeg

Photo 7 - HP3.jpeg

Photo 6 - HP3.jpeg

Photo 8 - HP3.jpeg

Why isn't he journaling any more?

Journalling was never really his thing. I wanted to do it so we did.

He also finds it confusing to get so many possible solutions to problems.

Well that is a f-cking long carbon chain on that acid you bought
I'm sure you are the only person who read that post and went to look up the length of the carbon chain of GA3. :laugh:
Will show off some piece soon when I get really satisfied with something
Looking forward to it!
Plants are looking real good man!
Those DDA are gorgggeous!
Thanks BT! Found a bunch of aphids on them this morning so I'll be mixing up some spinosad this afternoon. It's also caterpillar season so two birds one stone.
Great update I am really interested in reversing for pollen. I would like to try myself. I just dont know enough about it yet.
We can learn about it together smokey!
Thanks, Shed. :love:
Journalling was never really his thing. I wanted to do it so we did.
He also finds it confusing to get so many possible solutions to problems.
If the lowers are yellowing that would be a nitrogen deficiency (it looks like more lowers than anywhere else), but I'm also thinking that the pot is getting too small for the plant. Plants that size need a lot of substrate for the roots to spread out, and crowded roots have a tougher time getting the nutrients they need out of the soil. My Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp cup is an extreme example, but @Homer Simpson had yellowing lower leaves because he had huge plants in 5 gallon cloth pots.
Highya Sheddie.:hug::love:
What size tent do you have there?
Hey VG :ciao:
2x4x6, perfect for the MarsHydro SP250!

Quick harvest update of the Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp cup on flip day 64, with enough amber in the trichomes and destruction to the leaves to make me tired of looking at it.

Here it is before the final blow:

It really loves to play host to powdery mildew.

And here is the root ball. The white is DE:

And while I'm here, a couple of pics of the three DDAs in the 7 gallon pot:

The tallest and shortest are on day 41, and the top-heavy one in the middle is on day 33. All three seeds came from the same plant...gotta love the DDAs!

Happy Tuesday :).

Thanks smokey! I don't sub his thread. Is he comparing the two methods?

I went with GA3 for these specifically because my CS guru (@beez0404) did not have much luck with CS and the Candidas.
Yes he is trying with both for a comparison. It's starting to get interesting he has balls on CS not sure about the GA3 yet.

Hey Shed! Thought you might get a kick out of this. I don't know if you remember my little Blue Dream Matic Auto that I was concerned was really small? You told me 'Autos just do weird things sometimes'. Well, you were right, she did the weirdest thing of all and grew into an absolute beast! :rofl: Thanks for the sage advice as always, Shed! :thanks:

My concern...

IMG_20200516_215532.jpg

Now...

IMG_20200718_114118.jpg
IMG_20200718_113914.jpg
IMG_20200718_114239.jpg
IMG_20200721_224315.jpg

Moral of the story? Don't give up on the little ones. :hippy:

Your going start from the beginning that's like reading a book. :laugh:
Lol I’m not gonna lie, no chance in hell my short attention span could sit down for a read like this. :rofl:

Hey Shed! Thought you might get a kick out of this. I don't know if you remember my little Blue Dream Matic Auto that I was concerned was really small? You told me 'Autos just do weird things sometimes'. Well, you were right, she did the weirdest thing of all and grew into an absolute beast! :rofl: Thanks for the sage advice as always, Shed! :thanks:
Moral of the story? Don't give up on the little ones. :hippy:
Wow WL that did turn into a beast! Incredible turnaround.
:welldone:
Your auto did a weird thing to the plus side, mine tend to go the opposite way :cheesygrinsmiley:.
Lol, at page 1070 I’m in! Looks like I’ve missed plenty of fun!
I’m not gonna lie, no chance in hell my short attention span could sit down for a read like this. :rofl:
:welcome: to the my perpetual journal StRoostifer! I'm glad you decided to join the fun. Even the most incredibly patient person on the planet shouldn't read all 1070 pages. Pick up from right here, with a seed-making project under way, a Carnival on day 107, and a couple of great plants from @Weedseedsexpress that I just flipped.

Tag along and chime in!
Edited because to high and rambling.:bongrip:
Sorry I missed that!
I just edited my post I miss read yours. Good journal to sub into lots of good info.
Whose? Mine? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom