InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hay Shed. I am running some LONG flowering sativas Neville's Haze and Panama Haze and I have room in my new area for those and a few autos so I am going to try my hand at some autos. Should I top them ? Should I bend them over and tie them down? Is that the best way to train them. I am also starting in 1s and hope to have some 5 gallon pots soon to put them in

Congrats on the Red Dragon Golden Tiger harvest Shed! Pretty friggin amazing results from a big gulp!
Thanks double H! I think a Carnival will be next for the Big Gulp treatment :).
Hay Shed. I am running some LONG flowering sativas Neville's Haze and Panama Haze and I have room in my new area for those and a few autos so I am going to try my hand at some autos. Should I top them ? Should I bend them over and tie them down? Is that the best way to train them. I am also starting in 1s and hope to have some 5 gallon pots soon to put them in
I LST all of my non-DDA autos (few and far between these days). And I plant directly into the final pot while being careful to water only a small area around the stem when it's young to keep the wet/dry cycle going. All my LST tips are in the link in my sig!

@The Celt warned about the stretch after spraying a plant with GA3 and he wasn't kidding. This is just after the first spray, and then seven days later (five days of spraying 1x/day and two days post flip):

Luckily I have some headroom in the shed!

Also, I forgot to put up the pic of the Golden Tiger Big Gulp hanging in the box after trimming, so here:

Please carry on with what you were doing...

You have a journal?
That one truly struck my funny bone. :D
@The Celt warned about the stretch after spraying a plant with GA3 and he wasn't kidding.
I spent a fair bit of time one evening researching GA3 and I'm still not really sure what benefit it has with ganja; what does it do besides make plants stretch? Your Big Gulp challenge harvest is pretty impressive. :bravo:

GT looks solid hanging there. Nice job!
Stretch is amazing. It looks extremely happy too if that's possible.
It looks happy so far, but I've seen some well into maleness that look like a climbing vine!
Hi Shed, ga3 is cool stuff. Standing tall there!
Thanks otter! And getting taller...
I spent a fair bit of time one evening researching GA3 and I'm still not really sure what benefit it has with ganja; what does it do besides make plants stretch?
You must have missed the intro to the GA3 process Homer. I'm attempting to reverse a Candida for seed-making using GA3 (per Celt's instructions here) rather than colloidal silver (CS) or silver thiosulfate (STS). @beez0404 attempted to make Candida seeds using CS (which he has lots of success with) but it really didn't work for the Candidas, so I thought I would try it a different way.

That one truly struck my funny bone. :D
Ha! I did find it which was good. Lots of good info btw.
;)

It looks happy so far, but I've seen some well into maleness that look like a climbing vine!

Thanks otter! And getting taller...

You must have missed the intro to the GA3 process Homer. I'm attempting to reverse a Candida for seed-making using GA3 (per Celt's instructions here) rather than colloidal silver (CS) or silver thiosulfate (STS). @beez0404 attempted to make Candida seeds using CS (which he has lots of success with) but it really didn't work for the Candidas, so I thought I would try it a different way.
Sorry, I don't remember if I missed it or forgot it; being medicated definitely affects my memory. I suspected you were using it for reversing but outside of this site there is almost no mention of it being used for that so I wasn't sure. Hope it works. Just yesterday Penny was telling me that Chemdog can also be hard to reverse.

Highya ITS,

Lovely pic of the Golden Tiger in your drying box!! Sativa buds always look so good to me!! Oh, that is something nice about the GA3 and Candida! Does that mean she is becoming a he? Or just the stretch from GA3 and nothing to do with he's and she's? Happy Smokin'

Highya ITS,

Lovely pic of the Golden Tiger in your drying box!! Sativa buds always look so good to me!! Oh, that is something nice about the GA3 and Candida! Does that mean she is becoming a he? Or just the stretch from GA3 and nothing to do with he's and she's? Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode!

In terms of the Candida, I believe the stretch is a side effect of the GA3 on its journey from she to he.

I was checking out an article about GA3. Is there a way to determine how the GA3 will affect the plant? The article said that application could be done a few ways and there were multiple results possible. Also that stem growth was most common.

EDIT: My Bad, seems like I always get my hand slapped when I do that. GA3

My Bad, seems like I always get my hand slapped when I do that. GA3
Ahhh there's the link!

Interesting article, though only the intro touches on what we're doing with seed making. The rest is related to the various application methods for plant growth.

No mention of ethylene suppression, which is the raison d'etre for the spray. I believe all three seed making methods act the same way on the plant.

Just to aid @Agemon in his understanding, others too who may read this in the future, GA3 is a growth hormone (regulator) that occurs naturally in plants. By applying different concentrations we can cause different effects (and I think this is what Agemon was asking).

In the fruit industry, it’s most common use is the production of seedless fruits such as grapes.

For us cannabis growers/breeders, we are most concerned with its use in causing sex reversal of females to make female pollen and seeds but it has other uses that we can benefit from as well.

At higher concentrations, it can be used to reverse male plants, and at even higher doses can be used to initiate germination in old seed (break dormancy).

The one common factor with all its uses, is the stretch which I found to last for over a month when I used it on Pineapple Chunk but less so on Blue Dream.

As GA3 is safe for consumption (in the concentrations we use) I may try treating my next auto with low doses, to induce stretch but not sex reversal, and see if it produces a marked increase in size and weight at harvest.

I may try treating my next auto with low doses, to induce stretch but not sex reversal, and see if it produces a marked increase in size and weight at harvest.
Very interesting idea! :popcorn:

Ahhh there's the link!

Interesting article, though only the intro touches on what we're doing with seed making. The rest is related to the various application methods for plant growth.

No mention of ethylene suppression, which is the raison d'etre for the spray. I believe all three seed making methods act the same way on the plant.

I havent been the best follower lately Shed, sorry. First, what is “Raison D’etre?” Second, for What reasons did you apply the GA3, and in what order of interest are you hoping the results to be?

Just to aid @Agemon in his understanding, others too who may read this in the future, GA3 is a growth hormone (regulator) that occurs naturally in plants. By applying different concentrations we can cause different effects (and I think this is what Agemon was asking).

In the fruit industry, it’s most common use is the production of seedless fruits such as grapes.

For us cannabis growers/breeders, we are most concerned with its use in causing sex reversal of females to make female pollen and seeds but it has other uses that we can benefit from as well.

At higher concentrations, it can be used to reverse male plants, and at even higher doses can be used to initiate germination in old seed (break dormancy).

The one common factor with all its uses, is the stretch which I found to last for over a month when I used it on Pineapple Chunk but less so on Blue Dream.

As GA3 is safe for consumption (in the concentrations we use) I may try treating my next auto with low doses, to induce stretch but not sex reversal, and see if it produces a marked increase in size and weight at harvest.

You nailed it Celt, thank you!

“...and they drag me back in!”

Back
Top Bottom