InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'll mention that defense to my attorney. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh interesting...so it had nothing to do with Mrs Otter then?

Or avoid Los Angeles between 5am and midnight.

Thanks Captain! They're both about 41" off the soil and 36" wide.

Not sure if you're serious or joking! Basement grows in rooms/tents are fine unless you can't control the environment (like damp and cool), but if you're relying on sunlight it would the wrong part of the house. Outside it would definitely be better!
I’m serious but the reason I said about the sunlight is because it’s the reason it’s damp and cool. What I’m thinking about is a grow tent but I don’t know if it’s doable in those conditions? I’m growing outdoors now and dealing with every pest in the near vicinity and I’d like to grow through the winter.

I’m serious but the reason I said about the sunlight is because it’s the reason it’s damp and cool. What I’m thinking about is a grow tent but I don’t know if it’s doable in those conditions? I’m growing outdoors now and dealing with every pest in the near vicinity and I’d like to grow through the winter.
Oh okay! You'll see a good sized dehumidifier, but on the plus side those put out the heat you'll also need.

Oh okay! You'll see a good sized dehumidifier, but on the plus side those put out the heat you'll also need.
Finally some good news, I also have a small electric heater if it’s not enuff but after reading @Bill284s thread on fire 🔥 prevention I can see that this will be an expensive endeavor

I know every time I open the door I’m letting in??? But what about a grow tent in my garage?It’s gotta be better then growing outdoors I would think.

Finally some good news, I also have a small electric heater if it’s not enuff but after reading @Bill284s thread on fire 🔥 prevention I can see that this will be an expensive endeavor
Fire prevention would be smoke detectors, a fire extinguisher, and a quality light that you run 24 hours a day for a few days as a test. Bill's light caught fire right out of the box. It's not like you need a halon fire suppression system. Your light and the dehuey are your biggest expenses.
I know every time I open the door I’m letting in??? But what about a grow tent in my garage?It’s gotta be better then growing outdoors I would think.
A garage works if the environment is the same as your house, i.e. attached, insulated, and temperature controlled.

Unless you live in a temperate climate like Hawaii!

Fire prevention would be smoke detectors, a fire extinguisher, and a quality light that you run 24 hours a day for a few days as a test. Bill's light caught fire right out of the box. It's not like you need a halon fire suppression system. Your light and the dehuey are your biggest expenses.

A garage works if the environment is the same as your house, i.e. attached, insulated, and temperature controlled.
Er
Unless you live in a temperate climate like Hawaii!
Yeah it gets pretty cold here in the winter. I’d prolly have to have heater’s running 24/7 in my garage. I’m just trying to save $money$ wherever possible.

Morning Shed, please can you remind me what temperature the oven must be on to infuse oil from trim. I do the 8 hours on, 8 hours off x 3 method. I just can't find my notes at this moment and my memory has failed me. tia :)

Morning Shed, please can you remind me what temperature the oven must be on to infuse oil from trim. I do the 8 hours on, 8 hours off x 3 method. I just can't find my notes at this moment and my memory has failed me. tia
I run my Magical Butter Machine at 160°, but when I do smaller batches in the oven I have to set it at 170° because that's the lowest it goes!

Don't forget to shake it as often as you remember/can. Every 30 mins is best but you can only do what you can.

And decarb first!

what temperature the oven must be on to infuse oil from trim.
Hey Carm - I believe it is 165 F or about 75 C - I sure hope so - I just used my "Transmogrofier" to run my last batch!!! It is fun to watch it cook AT NO COST!!!!!
1661704635205.png

Hey Carm - I believe it is 165 F or about 75 C - I sure hope so - I just used my "Transmogrofier" to run my last batch!!! It is fun to watch it cook AT NO COST!!!!!
1661704635205.png
Thank you. I had it on 75 C and I am very pleased to have it confirmed. I do like the look of your "Transmogrifier". I'd love to know how it works :)

Hey Shed - I just turn it off optimum or tune it in. I have a simple "sight" on it to tell me where everything is aimed. You have to adjust every hour or so, which is no problem I am usually puttering around nearby. The black can has water in it as a buffer - then a small mason jar inside the can contains the oil and weed.
This was a prototype simply lined with tin foil but I have added a couple of pieces of mirror.

I do like the look of your "Transmogrifier".
I call it a compound parabolic dish or solar accumulator. I goggled parabolic dish then straightened out the curves into three flat angles - since my target is fairly large it is fairly forgiving. I had tried it in the winter in my greenhouse and was disappointed but when I decided to give it another shot a couple of weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.

@greenjeans your compound parabolic dish / solar accumulator is absolutely amazing to me. So you are catching some rays and focusing them on the can of water which heats up the weed oil? How do you know what temperature it is at, and how do you control it from getting too hot? Brilliant.

you control it from getting too ho
I'll try to cover everything here - The white disc at the top has a hole in it - the sun shines thru to a target at the back to tune it in. To heat up, tune it in dead on - to cool down, go off target. There is a thermometer that goes into the hot water can.
The unit has to be tuned in every hour or so.

I'll try to cover everything here - The white disc at the top has a hole in it - the sun shines thru to a target at the back to tune it in. To heat up, tune it in dead on - to cool down, go off target. There is a thermometer that goes into the hot water can.
The unit has to be tuned in every hour or so.
State of the art.lol

Back
Top Bottom