InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

As much as I'd like you to get a tent I don't think the light is the problem. I wouldn't have put that screen over it after a heavy feed. I would turn it up so it can use those nutes the way it should. Photosynthesis.
I go from my purple Mars 1200 to my QBs damn near every grow and if anything they look happier in a day under the QBs. Just what I've noticed in my garden or my 2 cents.
But...but...but...light stress!

Okay that's out of the way, I never considered the transition from blurple veg to white flower before. Though it doesn't explain what happened to Sour G, Retrix's huge Kharma, or Crazy's entire tent last year.

There has to be photosynthesis going on as it's still getting way more lux than the perfectly happy enormous AK-47 living under a 23w CFL for the past two months. I'm having a hard time going with underfed after seeing all the green undergrowth is all.
And I just stopped by for the pictures..... yada yada yada
Gotcha.... LMAO
On a serious note... Some really great info. Thanks
:ciao:
I am thinking so, but It all goes back to genetics. I’m sure you’ve compared the light wavelengths from the manufacturers and have split all the hairs you can as I would too. if you get the girl isolated and under the old light and she perks back up that would verify it.
Time for an edible....
Were it not cold, I would move it under the Mars in the bike shed now. If it doesn't improve by the weekend I will move it into the office under the Mars.
Shed "Hey Sour G, what's going on?"
Sour G "There's a UFO in the sky! We're all gonna die!"
*sends Sour G to mental hospital*
Story of my life! Let's hope not! I want to harvest at least one Sour G (last one went to topicals after getting fusarium mold).

As much as I'd like you to get a tent I don't think the light is the problem. I wouldn't have put that screen over it after a heavy feed. I would turn it up so it can use those nutes the way it should. Photosynthesis.
I go from my purple Mars 1200 to my QBs damn near every grow and if anything they look happier in a day under the QBs. Just what I've noticed in my garden or my 2 cents.

Do you adjust the height when going from the Mars 1200 to QBs?
Example
Mars1200 @ 18” then switch to the qbs at 18”? Or raise the qbs 6-8” to start and then drop over time?

It"s light stress. :)

I've seen it repeatedly and it's not spectrum. It's just more light than the plant can keep up with.

In the HiBrix world we're always talking about our precious soil biota, and this would be a case where we'd goose the biota with a nice active tea. Do you use anything similar? The strain was probably bred in hydro and its roots are less efficient in soil. Straight nitro may not help because the plant can't uptake fast enough.

So think holistic root zone stuff.

:Namaste:

Monday update is what happened on Sunday, because it's raining here and nothing is leaving the shed. The BT is still drying in the box, AK is in the office under a CFL, and yesterday I looked at the Sour G and said it was due for a trim and some water.

I didn't get a pre-trim shot but here it was last week:

Here is is post trim. After I trim I like to supercrop to fill in any gaps:

There was loads to remove and it grows really densely and has a ton of little lettuce leaves at every branch site. It was quite a clean-up job. Here it is now underneath:

This is what I took off, all of which went in the bag of fans in the freezer. I wanted to mention that the underneath growth (as you can see in this trim pic) is a perfect shade of green. Does that tell me anything?:

After I trimmed it I fed it with a gallon of the following:
½ tsp Pro-tekt Si
6 ml cal-mag+
1½ tsp Tiger Bloom
1 tsp epsom salt

TDS without water was around 900. Looks about the same this morning but it should take a couple of days to respond. It hasn't stopped growing though.

Just before I started trimming, a hopeful bee came by to see if I had flipped it yet. I told it to come by in about a month and it flew away.

Last pic of the day is the 2nd node stem where that long cola in the harvest photo came from...with a hole in the branch.

Actually, almost all the branches had holes in the middle. Evs!

I hope you're getting a little sunshine where you are...send it my way! It's going to be raining through Thursday here.

:cool:
Looking good shed looking good

Some plants are just so sensitive!

Tuesday update! Rain didn't start until about 9:30am so I managed to get the plants out so I could water the smaller ones tucked in the back. I'm going to throw a lot of pics here because I might not be able to pull everything out again until Friday.

I may be in trouble with the Peyote Critical height-wise unless it really doesn't stretch! It's turning into a bit of a beast under the strips. The mains need supercropping and the whole thing needs a clear out so I know where my tops are. This is day 99:

I wasn't planning on flipping it until Sour G recovers. Speaking of Sour G, Here is the top growth vs. the undergrowth:

And here it is under the screening:

Moving along to the Candidas, here they are on day 48.

This one I topped and is nice and neat:

And this one I FIMTFIM and then topped and it's a bit of a mess:

There will be some clean-up to do on that this weekend!

Last for the day are the clones I'll be passing along to another member here this weekend. Loads of roots and full strength nutes! One Sour G and one AK-47

Okay, done! I hope you enjoyed this interlude, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled program...
:slide:
Hey man, quick question for you - and by most standards it’s a dumb one, so my apologies - what was the end result of your FIMming? I just tried it for the first time and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell the result will be. The *thought* was it was like topping, but you end up with 4 meristems...however I can’t tell if that’s what is happening. Is that what your FIM turned out to be or was my understanding of what it does incorrect? I don’t care either way (just messing around with some plants), but wondering what FIMming actually does. Thank you!

It"s light stress. :)
I've seen it repeatedly and it's not spectrum. It's just more light than the plant can keep up with.
In the HiBrix world we're always talking about our precious soil biota, and this would be a case where we'd goose the biota with a nice active tea. Do you use anything similar? The strain was probably bred in hydro and its roots are less efficient in soil. Straight nitro may not help because the plant can't uptake fast enough.
So think holistic root zone stuff.

Thanks Graytail! Not sure what you mean by bred in hydro but if it's light stress would the screen be helping? It's knocked the lux down by a third but it's still growing...if pale.

I don't have any teas but I think I can use Dr Earth soil to make tea, but without an air stone. I have my bin of EWC I haven't sorted yet, should I top dress with those?
Looking good shed looking good
Forget about me, how's the recovery going? Pretty quiet in your thread.
Dy lithium crystals
...:laugh:......cheerz...h00k......
I bet that drove your autocorrect crazy !
Hey man, quick question for you - and by most standards it’s a dumb one, so my apologies - what was the end result of your FIMming? I just tried it for the first time and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell the result will be. The *thought* was it was like topping, but you end up with 4 meristems...however I can’t tell if that’s what is happening. Is that what your FIM turned out to be or was my understanding of what it does incorrect? I don’t care either way (just messing around with some plants), but wondering what FIMming actually does. Thank you!
No dumb questions Growca and :welcome: to my journal!

It was a completely botched FIM, and so I just ended up with mangled leaves. I topped it about 2 weeks after the fail. FIMTFIM!

Thanks Graytail! Not sure what you mean by bred in hydro but if it's light stress would the screen be helping? It's knocked the lux down by a third but it's still growing...if pale.

I don't have any teas but I think I can use Dr Earth soil to make tea, but without an air stone. I have my bin of EWC I haven't sorted yet, should I top dress with those?

The screen should be helping (great idea!) but as we see ... um ... not very quickly. :confused:

When I get a plant like this, with pale new growth and good lower growth, I feed an organic fishguts blend with minerals, and a very active microbiotic tea. That will ramp up soil activity and the upper growth will start returning to green. It's Doc Bud's kit, so it has specific formulas blended for a specific soil, but the principles are the same.

Other members will know what teas would be best.

But that's my guess. It would be a root zone issue in my garden. It'd be outta sync with the biota. Something is blocking its nitrogen uptake.

The screen should be helping (great idea!) but as we see ... um ... not very quickly. :confused:
When I get a plant like this, with pale new growth and good lower growth, I feed an organic fishguts blend with minerals, and a very active microbiotic tea. That will ramp up soil activity and the upper growth will start returning to green. It's Doc Bud's kit, so it has specific formulas blended for a specific soil, but the principles are the same.
Other members will know what teas would be best.
But that's my guess. It would be a root zone issue in my garden. It'd be outta sync with the biota. Something is blocking its nitrogen uptake.
That screen idea has saved two grows so far where growers couldn't raise the lights high enough to keep the plants from burning!

Organic fishguts I ain't gots (all I have is smoked salmon from Costco). Is there any easily accessible N in EWC. I could put some in a bucket with Dr Earth soil and hit it with a drill with a mixer on the end and let it steep overnight.

Could it be root bound (not that I have a bigger pot)? I don't remember when it went into the 10 gallons, but I probably could find it somewhere in here.

It's seems not to affect every strain as much as others. My Cheese and GG don't show any signs of this and Spliff Berry was burning up for a while. I can though see yellow spots on the leafs under the inFlux light and if I take them out to more "natural" light all the leafs look very green. Raised the light to max but now GG just followed it upwards so now the clearance is back to what it was before the raise. Now just time will tell how she will cope with the light.

Well kinda. I just turn the pot on my driver down so it's getting less intense light for a few days.

Basically more or less then.

I have noticed a slight improvement this morning with the lights at 30”. I hope that by the time I come home today She is even more perky and happy
8E55F7B8-6734-4387-96CF-F284E852F87E.jpeg

Forget about me, how's the recovery going? Pretty quiet in your thread.

I bet that drove your autocorrect crazy !

No dumb questions Growca and :welcome: to my journal!

It was a completely botched FIM, and so I just ended up with mangled leaves. I topped it about 2 weeks after the fail. FIMTFIM!
Thanks man, glad to be here. Did the botched attempt you encountered look similar to this? Appreciate the insight as it’ll help me decide to top it or ride it out.

Original FIM cut:
A029243D-F477-474C-9195-B61471688A35.jpeg

Current state of my clone few days post FIM:
75E62A34-30DC-489C-94E1-0AB7D8EAD67D.jpeg

Some plants are just so sensitive!

Tuesday update! Rain didn't start until about 9:30am so I managed to get the plants out so I could water the smaller ones tucked in the back. I'm going to throw a lot of pics here because I might not be able to pull everything out again until Friday.

I may be in trouble with the Peyote Critical height-wise unless it really doesn't stretch! It's turning into a bit of a beast under the strips. The mains need supercropping and the whole thing needs a clear out so I know where my tops are. This is day 99:

I wasn't planning on flipping it until Sour G recovers. Speaking of Sour G, Here is the top growth vs. the undergrowth:

And here it is under the screening:

Moving along to the Candidas, here they are on day 48.

This one I topped and is nice and neat:

And this one I FIMTFIM and then topped and it's a bit of a mess:

There will be some clean-up to do on that this weekend!

Last for the day are the clones I'll be passing along to another member here this weekend. Loads of roots and full strength nutes! One Sour G and one AK-47

Okay, done! I hope you enjoyed this interlude, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled program...
:slide:

I gotta say, those Candida wenches look great

Mine loved some S&M as well, your appear to live it as well

Nice! You are a proud owner of an Autopot system? How do you like it?
Love em, really nice product. Favorite option is the easy2grow tray which holds 2 pots (2.2 and/or 3.9 gallon). I have a small cab I use for young plants and the trays fit perfect. The e2g setup also makes it waaaaaay easier to compare nutes head2head. You can have a small res feeding two plants nutes from company (A), and then another small res feeding the other two plants nutes from company (B). If you’re looking at them I’d say the 2.2 and 3.9 sizes suffice for most applications, but if you’re growing monster plants the 6.6 with air domes is a solid choice. Also worth noting for any of you rockwool cube growers, the Big Mama 8” cube fits PERFECTLY into the 3.9 gal pot - pretty much turns into bottomfeed RW grows.

Pics below are my 2.2 in 2x e2g trays and the big mama cube in a 3.9. Will be filling the front two with Sensi Seeds Eagle Bill in the coming weeks - solo cup clone will unfortunately be biting the dust and the purple basil will be made into an assortment of antipasto :)

LMK if you ever end up grabbing some or have any questions, I’ll try and help out.

E941C09C-74E2-424B-9F5F-60B943F9D3D2.jpeg
50370E8B-0847-42A1-80E4-D4F3239712D7.jpeg

LMK if you ever end up grabbing some or have any questions, I’ll try and help out.

I got the same setup as u. 2 * easy2grow trays with 8L pots. The biggest issue for me was to figure out if to treat it as a hydro or soil grow. I have been using the airdomes covered with clay pebbles and soil/perlite over that. It feels like the soil is just a filler medium in this system and the feeding takes place through the res.

Back
Top Bottom