InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I got the same setup as u. 2 * easy2grow trays with 8L pots. The biggest issue for me was to figure out if to treat it as a hydro or soil grow. I have been using the airdomes covered with clay pebbles and soil/perlite over that. It feels like the soil is just a filler medium in this system and the feeding takes place through the res.
Nice. More hydro - top feed and let plant really dry out to force roots to bottom. From that point only place you should need to add water/ nutes is to the res.

Nice. More hydro - top feed and let plant really dry out to force roots to bottom. From that point only place you should need to add water/ nutes is to the res.

Came to this conclusion as well. But I'm surprised they didn't come with any recomendations regarding this included in the kit. Now I'm going to use the airdomes in my 3,6L pots and use some sort of water trays to feed them. Would definitely recommend this system to people especially running with hps. The uv light really dries out pots fast under those lights.

Besides the "OMG you're getting a tent?" responses, what do you think of the plan?
And your opinion on the tent idea is...?

Well
I had one, but a day late saw the moment pass... maybe Graytail covered it.

One thing I picked up, seperate to the light stress question, was that you seemed keen on the possibility of still being able to force flip in the shed, as one outcome of the tent purchase... maybe it’s worth it just for that ...?
As much as I'd like you to get a tent I don't think the light is the problem. I wouldn't have put that screen over it after a heavy feed. I would turn it up so it can use those nutes the way it should. Photosynthesis.
I go from my purple Mars 1200 to my QBs damn near every grow and if anything they look happier in a day under the QBs. Just what I've noticed in my garden or my 2 cents.
This is interesting.

I recently had some very small ones bleach (or fade) when moving from CFL to my QB. I assumed the light was too much, even tho I thought I’d compensated by raising the light and backing it off some. Well the problem continued and it was only once I did the opposite, and gave them more that they greened up again. Not saying that’s your answer, but it seems it’s not just a question of too much or too little, but the sweet spot where the plant can “process” the spectrum. Maybe that’s totally wrong, but the “bleaching” on those little ones turned out not to be bleaching ...

Oh, and the ‘bred in hydro’ thing Gray mentioned... I think it’s a thing that certain strains have been developed (so “worked”) in all hydro environments and sometimes folks find they don’t grow so well in soil - maybe as the genetics have adapted to make hydro happy roots that are then maybe less adaptable and efficient in soil. Or something like that :)

I thot the new pic actually looked a little better, but that could be ambient light tone...

:Namaste:

Well kinda. I just turn the pot on my driver down so it's getting less intense light for a few days.
A nice easy transition.
I have noticed a slight improvement this morning with the lights at 30”. I hope that by the time I come home today She is even more perky and happy
Great news Dutch! It looks mutch happier now :thumb:.
So turning my pot down is like raising the light.
Indeed.
Thanks man, glad to be here. Did the botched attempt you encountered look similar to this? Appreciate the insight as it’ll help me decide to top it or ride it out.
Original FIM cut:
Current state of my clone few days post FIM:
You can see my FIMTFIM in this post, third pic down just before I topped it. Looks about the same as yours!
I gotta say, those Candida wenches look great
Mine loved some S&M as well, your appear to live it as well
I hope they like abuse because one of them spent a day tipped over on its side because the screw box I had it on collapsed from runoff! I straightened it up yesterday morning but haven't seen it since because of the rain.

I hope they like abuse because one of them spent a day tipped over on its side because the screw box I had it on collapsed from runoff! I straightened it up yesterday morning but haven't seen it since because of the rain.

After a few years of drought, we've forgotten what it's like to have a rainy season - leaky roofs, too much runoff, clogged gutters.... I thought my gutters were clean and clear, but they started overflowing during last night's heavy rains. Fortunately no wet ceilings yet for me.

Well
I had one, but a day late saw the moment pass... maybe Graytail covered it.
One thing I picked up, seperate to the light stress question, was that you seemed keen on the possibility of still being able to force flip in the shed, as one outcome of the tent purchase... maybe it’s worth it just for that ...?
This is interesting.
I recently had some very small ones bleach (or fade) when moving from CFL to my QB. I assumed the light was too much, even tho I thought I’d compensated by raising the light and backing it off some. Well the problem continued and it was only once I did the opposite, and gave them more that they greened up again. Not saying that’s your answer, but it seems it’s not just a question of too much or too little, but the sweet spot where the plant can “process” the spectrum. Maybe that’s totally wrong, but the “bleaching” on those little ones turned out not to be bleaching ...
Oh, and the ‘bred in hydro’ thing Gray mentioned... I think it’s a thing that certain strains have been developed (so “worked”) in all hydro environments and sometimes folks find they don’t grow so well in soil - maybe as the genetics have adapted to make hydro happy roots that are then maybe less adaptable and efficient in soil. Or something like that :)
I thot the new pic actually looked a little better, but that could be ambient light tone...
:Namaste:
Snuck in just after I posted so you get a new reply!

The tent does indeed offer additional benefits beyond separating the plants, though I'm not sure it justifies the expense and space on its own. With a larger Rectangular Cubiod of Dankness in the bike shed (and nights that aren't in the 40s) I can still flip in there if they don't get too tall. I can still get a tent once they don't fit if Sour G responds to everything I'm currently doing.

I have a hard time believing it's not enough light when the undergrowth is such a pretty color. If it wasn't bleaching when yours moved under the QB's then that would leave spectrum, which Graytail didn't think was a concern.

I don't know about "bred in hydro" as Sour G is a cross from @The rooster of Sour Diesel x GG x THC Bomb. He grows everything in soil though I have no idea about the parents.

After a few years of drought, we've forgotten what it's like to have a rainy season - leaky roofs, too much runoff, clogged gutters.... I thought my gutters were clean and clear, but they started overflowing during last night's heavy rains. Fortunately no wet ceilings yet for me.
Oy! I was on the roof again last night because it rained in my son's room all day yesterday and this morning it was STILL dripping in there. I'm going to have to tear off the old patch job and lay a new patch on it on Saturday. It's about 10x20 so I'm not looking forward to that :rolleyes:.

don't know about "bred in hydro" as Sour G is a cross from @The rooster of Sour Diesel x GG x THC Bomb. He grows everything in soil though I have no idea about the parents.

That doesn’t sound like it then...

under the QB's then that would leave spectrum, which Graytail didn't think was a concern.
Yes that’s right... & I know a lot less than him... so there’s no scientific or theoretical basis for what I said, none at all :battingeyelashes:

Was it actually any better in the the second pic? Or was I seeing an ambient light illusion?

Probably the ambient light illusion. Can't get any daylight pics until there's some daylight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday hodgepodge update!

As I mentioned, it's still raining inside and outside, so here are a few pics I have on other topics:

For Amy, a clearer pic of a supercrop I did the other night on the AK. Since it rubs my left elbow when I'm on the computer at home I feel compelled to mess with it!

In case you're wondering (I think this came up last year), the answer is "yes, rapid rooters will mold in the bag."

Finally (and speaking of mold), I bought some candy molds to use to keep my dad's canna-chocolate chip cookies from getting too thin. Worked like a charm!

That's all I've got today. I think this is the last rainy day for a while so I hope to get everything out tomorrow for some plant pics. Stay dry all!

A nice easy transition.

Great news Dutch! It looks mutch happier now :thumb:.

Indeed.

You can see my FIMTFIM in this post, third pic down just before I topped it. Looks about the same as yours!

LOL actually one could argue yours looks better. While I still don’t know exactly what I should be looking for - I’ll give it a week and see what happens. Like you I thought I followed instructions, but perhaps it’s more of an art than I originally presumed.

Forget about me, how's the recovery going? Pretty quiet in your thread

Yeah i had a horrible headache i was loosing spinal fluid and my brain was laying on my skull but they fixed it

Probably the ambient light illusion. Can't get any daylight pics until there's some daylight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday hodgepodge update!

As I mentioned, it's still raining inside and outside, so here are a few pics I have on other topics:

For Amy, a clearer pic of a supercrop I did the other night on the AK. Since it rubs my left elbow when I'm on the computer at home I feel compelled to mess with it!

In case you're wondering (I think this came up last year), the answer is "yes, rapid rooters will mold in the bag."

Finally (and speaking of mold), I bought some candy molds to use to keep my dad's canna-chocolate chip cookies from getting too thin. Worked like a charm!

That's all I've got today. I think this is the last rainy day for a while so I hope to get everything out tomorrow for some plant pics. Stay dry all!
Dude you are a regular Betty Crocker, bob the builder and the son of the year all rolled into one!’ Props to ya. Not the best gardener right now but yer rounding that corner quickly. Lol. Kidding on the gardener. The cookies are inspiring right now.

:p:p

Back
Top Bottom