InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Yup starting to question these boveda 62% packs too

But it’s all good I should have let them dried out more before I bagged them I thought they were ready and didn’t stick a hydrometer in bag to test before closing ? So I was lazy and it cost me .

Mad like that nickelback song

“Never again” lol

Im good man lesson learned ‘tis is all . Grower error =soft :rofl::headbanger:

Oh, sorry...didn't see your edit!

Yup starting to question these boveda 62% packs too
But it’s all good I should have let them dried out more before I bagged them I thought they were ready and didn’t stick a hydrometer in bag to test before closing ? So I was lazy and it cost me .
Can't blame the Bovedas for that. Without a hygrometer you're completely flying blind. I did a test a long time ago to see if a B62 would lower the RH in a jar of drying weed. Stuck it in at 70% RH and over 24 hours it got down to 68%. Way too slow to protect the weed from mold. Bovedas are for long term storage...they're not sold as a dehumidifier.

I've got 6 or 7 hygrometers. Otherwise you're just guessing, and it cost you :(.

So not enough information. Mold...bovedas. Need more than that!

Alright brotha you asked for how it went down since axe.

Well where does one begin ?

So chop my widow bomb . There was no pest on this plant upon inspecting . Yet I washed my plants on some h202 / lemon juice concentrate / and baking soda . Sup and rinsed and shook well then hung for 7 hrs I belive I chopped when they were at dawn or sun up so lights on . After the 7 hrs of being hung where room temsp were 40% rh and 70f. They got cut off branches and into brown paper bags at 60 G wet in each bag .
Now I’ve heard it shoudl only be 28 grams per bag wet but have been succeful putting 120 plus on same size brown bag with no issues ? Anyways getting side tracked here. I burped these baggies that were in my fridge 3 times a day for 20-30 mins shaking bag lightly each time after the three days I lowered to twice a day and again 20-30 ish mins then by day nine I wheight my wet bags that were all 60 g wet and they were now 30g each baggie . This tells me 50% of my wheight is gone ?
So I pulled them out of fridge and this is where I kinda screwed it up.

I put the buds in brown bags inside a brown box and opened the bags once a day for two days then stuck them in big zip lock baggie and didn’t check with a hydrometer . I felt buds and they did feel moist still but kinda forgot really to hydrometer it . So then stuck boveda 62 in baggie and burped daily today empty into brown box as they still feel very damp ish bigger buds anyways .. wet wheight was 95 grams . Upon looking inspecting buds I saw a crown bud that looked wierd .. looked at opening it up like a webbing brown ish slightly white . It was mold 100%
Is that pm mold ? I know there might be a variety of molds out there?

So had to toss a bit out 1/4 due to mold .

Lazyness and forgetfulness cost me now that we chat about bud .. what I am guessing . What you think bud ?

Oh, sorry...didn't see your edit!

Can't blame the Bovedas for that. Without a hygrometer you're completely flying blind. I did a test a long time ago to see if a B62 would lower the RH in a jar of drying weed. Stuck it in at 70% RH and over 24 hours it got down to 68%. Way too slow to protect the weed from mold. Bovedas are for long term storage...they're not sold as a dehumidifier.

I've got 6 or 7 hygrometers. Otherwise you're just guessing, and it cost you :(.
Yup I agree 100% I admit it was me not tested before sealing bag.

Anyone out there here me please share this info so others don’t make the same costly mistake ✊

That's basic mold and the mistake was pulling them out of the fridge too early and trying to use weight as a method of determining dryness. Two weeks is the fridge is the minimum and even then you put the buds in a jar with a meter to see if they're done. Not done...back in the fridge they go. Or you can use rice balls (see my sig) to quickly lower the RH in the jar...still using a meter every time. Going by weight leaves too many variables. Not every plant is going to lose exactly 75% of its weight, and being off by 5% could be all it takes to rot the jar.

So sorry you lost that bud Joe. I know how much you need to get by. Summer auto grow on the tomato platform...I'm repeating myself!

Haha im over it shed o still got lots of great Thc bomb that turned out well from the fridge method and actually testing buds with meter in jar / air tight baggie .

Live and learn no point getting mad just even brotha✊

I know when I got mold on some ounce googled about it back then and read that some people even let it mold to get more potency?! I never bothered about it and tossed it out but anyone else heard about it?
Nope never heard of that

It don’t look appealing or appetizing it go in trash as have no idea where one would start to make topicals

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor always makes me hurt as well.

Bud, grapeseed oil, MB2 machine. Done.

Decarb, put the buds in the MB2 with the oil, run it 8 hours at 160ºF, strain :).

The only variable is the ratio of bud to oil. I like to get to 15mg THC/ml oil, and I use Oldbear's spreadsheet to calc that. If you don't have it or don't know how to use it, PM me and I can hook you up with that info...can't post links to Google docs here.

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor always makes me hurt as well.

Bud, grapeseed oil, MB2 machine. Done.

Decarb, put the buds in the MB2 with the oil, run it 8 hours at 160ºF, strain :).

The only variable is the ratio of bud to oil. I like to get to 15mg THC/ml oil, and I use Oldbear's spreadsheet to calc that. If you don't have it or don't know how to use it, PM me and I can hook you up with that info...can't post links to Google docs here.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom