InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

:cheer: Heck I'll send a vote for confidence. It's free!
You go plants! Looking great there buddy, keep up the good work, no looking back now, it's all hands on deck for a good finish. Gooooo team!
I think you've confused a vote of confidence with cheerleading. Must be a language barrier eh? Thanks for the cheerleading though :thumb:.
I feel what you’re going through Shed. I know how frustrating it can be to have to fight adverse growing conditions.
You and I have unique environments in which we try to make it all work. Winter growing is hard! Last winter, I foolishly tried to do DWC in my garage with no heater. The water temp at one point was 48F in my buckets. You think they were happy? No way. It was my third grow but my worst to date.
The weather is getting there brother and pretty soon we’ll all be watching in envy as your plants soak up all that sun! Stay the course and persevere!
48º? Not surprising you had sad plants! Thanks AW :).
Is a low outside temp only affecting the root side of the plant or the hole plant?
It's the overnight temps in the shed, or even in the tent in the house. Next winter no cold weather flipping! It will be lights-on-overnights through the end of March!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing much today, no pics. Hazy and grey and rain comes tonight. I watered both Candidas in anticipation for flipping them tomorrow night as they look all recovered from the strip on Sunday. They got a gallon each at 5.1g of MegaCrop.

And speaking of MegaCrop, I'm finally out of TigerBloom, marking the end of the FoxFarm nutrients portion of my growing. I mixed up 2 gallons of nutes for Peyote Critical this morning, using the last of the TB, and discovered the plant is a hell of a lot heavier with 2 gallons than it is with one :). Whodathunkit? Let's see how long it takes to dry out now!

So I'll be using MegaCrop for the flowering ones. @farside05 are you thinking I should add silica too? I was at .75 tsp of Armor Si with the old nutes.

Stay growing my friends! :Namaste:

I think you've confused a vote of confidence with cheerleading. Must be a language barrier eh? Thanks for the cheerleading though :thumb:.

48º? Not surprising you had sad plants! Thanks AW :).

It's the overnight temps in the shed, or even in the tent in the house. Next winter no cold weather flipping! It will be lights-on-overnights through the end of March!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing much today, no pics. Hazy and grey and rain comes tonight. I watered both Candidas in anticipation for flipping them tomorrow night as they look all recovered from the strip on Sunday. They got a gallon each at 5.1g of MegaCrop.

And speaking of MegaCrop, I'm finally out of TigerBloom, marking the end of the FoxFarm nutrients portion of my growing. I mixed up 2 gallons of nutes for Peyote Critical this morning, using the last of the TB, and discovered the plant is a hell of a lot heavier with 2 gallons than it is with one :). Whodathunkit? Let's see how long it takes to dry out now!

So I'll be using MegaCrop for the flowering ones. @farside05 are you thinking I should add silica too? I was at .75 tsp of Armor Si with the old nutes.

Stay growing my friends! :Namaste:

I've used silica for every grow I've ever done and 3/4 tsp - 1 tsp for any mature plant, veg or bloom. The Dudegrows interview with the owner of Dyna Gro stresses the importance of Silica. Especially if you are in soil-less media, I think it's the most important addition you can make to base nutes. Maybe I'm biased, but I say go for it. It's really the only thing missing from Mega. They say Mega includes it, but it's only at trace amount levels. Nothing close to what the plant can and wants to use.

Ya, I'm a big believer now in Silica

I don't add many additives to my grow with the GH Flora Trio
Power Si
Terpinator
Koolbloom

That's about it, and calmag in my Hempy kids

Thanks farside! I'm glad to be able to use the big bottle of Si I bought just before I got the MC!

Unfortunately I don't see the same need for Terpinator, so I don't know what to tell you to do with your life time supply.

You were concerned about the potassium load created by adding silica and Terpinator, yes?
Yes. That one article I found talked about calcium lockout when the ratio of N to K exceeds 1:3. When adding both a silica additive plus Terpinator along with the already high K in Mega, it dances right on or slightly over that line. I do both the Terpinator and Silica with my Dyna Gro, but the K number on it is only 6 compared to Mega's 17. Both the Dyna and Mega have 9 for N.

I'll go with just the Armor Si then. No need to stress them with too much K. :thanks:
Terpinator is basically Potassium Sulphate. Sulfer is tied to fragrance/flavor. Silica supplements are Potassium Silicate. Silica helps build cell walls and heat and drought resistance. Well Mega already has a good amount of Sulfer in it, so if your gonna add any more Potassium, do it with something that's lacking in the base nute, and that's the Silicon piece. At least that's my thinking on it.

Sulfur is tied to fragrance/flavor...of farts! Other than that, I like your thinking on it.

Had some stomach issues at work last week. About the 3rd paint melting fart, my coworker who was 10 foot away says "Oh my God, what is that smell? Is it the sewer again or someone." We've had sewer issues at work so I just played dumb. :rofl:

Had some stomach issues at work last week. About the 3rd paint melting fart, my coworker who was 10 foot away says "Oh my God, what is that smell? Is it the sewer again or someone." We've had sewer issues at work so I just played dumb. :rofl:
:bravo:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Almost as good as blaming your wife for a fart in public :cool:

Plants look awesome Shed! I think I nailed it this time.
Not sure what you mean about a language barrier though. Canadianese is simple to understand. Loonies, toonies and double doubles. Simple. :cheesygrinsmiley:
A toonie is a dollar, a tooney is two dollars, and a double double is two cream and two sugar in my Timmies.

Plants look awesome Shed! I think I nailed it this time.
Not sure what you mean about a language barrier though. Canadianese is simple to understand. Loonies, toonies and double doubles. Simple. :cheesygrinsmiley:
A toonie is a dollar, a tooney is two dollars, and a double double is two cream and two sugar in my Timmies.
What is it when you just had to toss 1/4 of a plant due to mold ?

How much is that lol

Fml lol

Sorry had to rant

Back
Top Bottom