InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's Sunday night, and it's day 20. The AK-47 seems to be surviving but the Gold Leaf sitting in water has a soft stem now all sagged over. I'll probably toss it tomorrow.

I finally got a hold of the clone guy and he said all he has on the Gold Leaf mother that I could cut is lower "dying" branches, and they're 3 weeks post-flip with full flowers on top and bloom nutes. I said I like a challenge and I don't care how far into flower they are. He said maybe tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

The box:

20171105_181221.jpg

AK-47 close-up:

20171105_181456cr.jpg

On a completely side topic, my wife's hairdresser's husband passed along these seeds. I have no idea what they are or why he decided I should have them, but if I can ever get him to respond (I seem to have this problem with people getting back to me!) I'll pass along what I find out. In the meantime, they're in the fridge:

20171105_182014cr.jpg

Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was pretty busy :yikes:

Oh well...since I have 1,999 posts I thought I'd do post 2,000 in my own thread!

I heard back from the seed-gifter and he said that he has no idea what they are other than that they are photos and come from a guy he knows that likes to breed plants who gave him a bag of 50 random seeds. He said everything he's grown from the bag has been pretty good (I have no idea how his tastes run) and if I ever run out he'd give me more. I said "cool" and "thanks" and that's all I know on the subject.

My thought is if I can get a Gold Leaf clone to grow then I'll have the Gold Leaf, the AK-47, and - once the autoflowers are done - I'll drop one of these random seeds in a bowl and grow three photos and no autos this spring.

You gonna do them all outside next year? Trying to grow a sphinx plant? If you need to get them back in the shed they may need a dolly . Making me consider trying outdoor. When do they finish normally?? Fall or late summer?

Imo I've had great success with peat pellets when cloning. They help with aeration to the soon to be root zone and are super cheap. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

You gonna do them all outside next year? Trying to grow a sphinx plant? If you need to get them back in the shed they may need a dolly ��. Making me consider trying outdoor. When do they finish normally?? Fall or late summer?

I guess so now that you mention it, though I'd still be in pots so nothing monstrous! Biggest pot I've have I can still carry, but I don't have a lot of room in the shed for 3 large photos so it will depend on how big they are. I'm going to have to keep the clones reasonably sized through end of March at least. They'd finish in late October I guess with the rest of the California outdoor grows. It's in the low 60s at night now. Sphnx is finally done with his harvest and we're in November!

Imo I've had great success with peat pellets when cloning. They help with aeration to the soon to be root zone and are super cheap. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Thanks! I put my seeds in peat pellets so I have a lot of them. If I get the Gold Leaf I can try that in one. The soil I got from clone-guy is dense dense dense and has no aeration! Probably why 2 of 3 didn't make it.

I want to lead with a question before I get to the Monday update. After I tossed the dead AK-47 clone a week ago, I put its pot on the steps in the backyard. I felt it this morning and it still is soaking wet. That doesn't seem to be a good thing for the surviving AK clone does it?

Should I do something to the AK pot (transplant, take the soil out of the pot and wrap it in cheesecloth...) or just hope for the best until I see roots coming out of the holes in the bottom?

And now on to the pics...

Gold Leaf = dead:

20171106_080555.jpg

And then there was one. AK-47 on day 21:

20171106_085546.jpg

I still spray the big fans and keep the lid on 24/7. I do take the paper off the lid and let it get straight CFL light for a few hours a day though.

I'm concerned about the undriable soil.

Quiet room! Oh well...pressing on:

If evaporation was not happening with one exposed surface, maybe it will with 5!

Materials needed (yes KJ, that's cheesecloth!):

20171106_203124.jpg

Look, roots!

20171106_203732.jpg

Clone in a diaper:

20171106_203849.jpg

And back into the box it goes:

20171106_203947.jpg

I won't be spraying the leaves anymore since it stays at 99% RH anyway so the leaves should have moisture. And the roots are growing so there's another way to get water into the plant. Maybe the soil will start to dry out now?

Never heard back from the clone guy today :-(

Hell yeah I use only cloth it's the same thing just in layers not a single layer same idea though but I would just keep an eye on your soil moisture.

I was trying to come up with some stripped down version of a smart pot and I saw the cheesecloth in the shed from the oil-making project. And I will definitely keep an eye on the soil, probably too much of an eye on it! I'll be trying to figure out when I can get rid of the damn box (unless I can score the Gold Leaf clone replacement :)).

I think the cheesecloth is a brilliant idea... like a home made smart pot The surviving clone looks great! I'd agree that roots means spraying shouldn't be necessary.
I haven't made a journal for my clones yet but they're still alive so I guess I should do that soon. I only have one space available for flowering, and only T5 florescents for them until the big 3 are ready to harvest. Might be cutting it close but hopefully not too close.

Day 23 for the AK-47 clone. I left the lid off for an hour this morning and some of the big fans started to droop so I'm guessing that it's not ready for prime time yet. Back in the box it went with the 99% RH. Temp in there is around 68º most of the day.

Here are some pics of the diapered clone and some close-ups of the growth sites:

20171108_072809.jpg

20171108_072830.jpg

20171108_072853.jpg

20171108_072912.jpg

I'm hoping to bring home some Gold Leaf cuttings tonight. I'm going to cut them much shorter this time. My plan is to soak them in water and then put them in peat pellets and keep them moist like I do with my seeds. I'll add some Great White and Cal/Mag+ to the water as still no Clonex or the like, and I'll go back to the Cal/Mag+ spray for the leaves. Looks like the AK-47 is going to have to share again.

Stay tuned for updates tonight!

Day 23 for the AK-47 clone. I left the lid off for an hour this morning and some of the big fans started to droop so I'm guessing that it's not ready for prime time yet. Back in the box it went with the 99% RH. Temp in there is around 68º most of the day.

Here are some pics of the diapered clone and some close-ups of the growth sites:

20171108_072809.jpg

20171108_072830.jpg

20171108_072853.jpg

20171108_072912.jpg

I'm hoping to bring home some Gold Leaf cuttings tonight. I'm going to cut them much shorter this time. My plan is to soak them in water and then put them in peat pellets and keep them moist like I do with my seeds. I'll add some Great White and Cal/Mag+ to the water as still no Clonex or the like, and I'll go back to the Cal/Mag+ spray for the leaves. Looks like the AK-47 is going to have to share again.

Stay tuned for updates tonight!
They are ready for the real world bud!!!! I think. I just popped over to cloning for dummies. The original leaves will yellow and die. Good sign. Only pay attention to the new growth if its happy that's what matters I guess? So all good signs shed buddy

They are ready for the real world bud!!!! I think. I just popped over to cloning for dummies. The original leaves will yellow and die. Good sign. Only pay attention to the new growth if its happy that's what matters I guess? So all good signs shed buddy ������

I feel bad for those drooping leaves so I think I'm gonna wait for a lot more roots to show before I move it to the outside world. I'll need to put it in a pot by then anyway!

Well you have that AK-47 that won't quit so that is a major plus.

So glad to be back, gonna check out your other thread. I missed your humour so much. Oh and that picture you posted in TMD's journal of the moon and clouds was hauntingly beautiful. You got the eye for the sky for sure. BIG HUG. Thanks for keeping my journal tidy while I was gone...tehehe.

Well you have that AK-47 that won't quit so that is a major plus.
So glad to be back, gonna check out your other thread. I missed your humour so much. Oh and that picture you posted in TMD's journal of the moon and clouds was hauntingly beautiful. You got the eye for the sky for sure. BIG HUG. Thanks for keeping my journal tidy while I was gone...tehehe.

Thanks! I was thinking of TMD and Moonshine when I took it and then completely forgot to post it! That AK-47 really wanted to grow despite its soaking wet soil so I'm hoping for good things from it, and I'm going a whole different way with the possible Gold Leaf cuttings.

So glad you are back and feeling rested. Keeping your journal tidy was a full-time job ;)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom