J.J.'s Everything Your'e Not Supposed to do During a Grow Journal

Awww you are too kind Woodsman! If you could see how big they are, I don't think I would win any contests. The colas are as wide as my two thumbs put together. I have seen buds that would make my main colas look like popcorn buds.

You could be right about the PH issues, I don't have a ph meter YET, it is coming with the SH DWC growers choice kit. Along with their light kit.

I don't know what kind of bagseed this is, but in my searches for seeds, I saw something called Charras Finger, and my girls look like it. They also resemble some White Skunk that I have saw. It's a logical explanation for why it keeps spitting out white pistils when so close to being done...

I don't think I've seen a plant yet that didn't keep putting out new growth till harvest. Unless it was dead or just about dead! LOL I've got two different bagseeds growing myself now and I've no idea what the heck they are, wish I knew for curiosities sake though. One thing I know is that after their cure, they will be much better tasting and hopefully even more potent than the original stuff was!

I don't think I've seen a plant yet that didn't keep putting out new growth till harvest. Unless it was dead or just about dead! LOL I've got two different bagseeds growing myself now and I've no idea what the heck they are, wish I knew for curiosities sake though. One thing I know is that after their cure, they will be much better tasting and hopefully even more potent than the original stuff was!

Ohh OK, I've been reading about trichomes turning amber, but I was under the impression that you don't harvest with only trich colors, but pistil colors as well. As in 80% of the pistils are amber... Penelope is ready, but Hermi-one isn't. She keeps spitting out white pistils. So I will disregard that piece of info, about pistils and just go solely on Trichome colors.

I have LOTS of bagseed, I've been collecting over the last few months. My bagseed schwagg stockpile, (in the green prescription bottle) is from dispensary schwagg. The seeds in the baggie labled Mystery Seed are REALLY old seeds. As in at least a few years worth.There are a lot of immature seeds, and crap seeds that are cracked, or split. But I figure I can use them as test subjects with my DWC kit.

I'm looking at both girls, and am a little disappointed about yield. Yea, I tested about a gram's worth trying to determine if my eyes matched the smoke quality for trichomes. But I am thinking all that time, and work for less than an ounce.... Hopefully, the 4 plants I plan on having with the DWC setup will yield a bit more.

I took pics of the new layout in the closet, but I don't feel like resizing them and posting them tonight. I may do it later, when there isn't a damn thing on the tv, and I can't sleep LOL.

I'll also take pics of my seedlings when and if they pop up.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, that even though the girls aren't very big, they are DENSE. Small but mighty I hope!

Glad things are working out for you. Almost chop chop time! :woohoo:
Yup it is! The girls are really leaning from the weight of her colas. The batteries on my pocket scope are dead. So I am just looking at her with the camera. Her trichs are still mostly cloudy, and very few amber. It's taking FOREVER to get that last bit of maturity out of the girls, that's for sure!!!

I Wish SH would put up the fed ex tracking info... ;) I'm pretty geeked about it. I am hoping that I can start my girls at about the same time Roseman does his. Then I can compare, and have a guideline for my plants... LOL I saw that he usually starts at the end of August. The delivery will be just in time. I also may end up making a DIY Bucket. I have a ton of Kitty litter Buckets that I think I can convert into a Deep Water Culture setup.

Hopefully the meters come with batteries. I didn't think about that when I was ordering them. I can buy button batteries at WalGreens or WalMart so I am not too worried about it. I want to test my water and see what the PH and TDS is. Then I can start to figure out if my hermi issues were caused by improper ph water.

I'm also going to set up a waterproof tray under the DWC bucket. That way if temps get too high, I can put frozen water bottles (water frozen in 2 liter bottles) around the reservoir in case of high temps. The hot water heater sometimes get's the closet warm when it's recharging, and also the lights are going to generate some heat as well. I just want to be prepared for any contingency. I guess that's the Control Freak Virgo coming out... LOL But I am also counting on my attention to detail for monitoring ph and tds levels.

Why Oh Why can I not go to sleep at a decent hour no matter what drugs I take? Ambien just makes me buzzed, not sleepy, and I am out of my Xanax. Benedryl just makes me dopey, not sleepy. I need to grow some White Widow. That shit kicks my ass and puts me to sleep!!!

Rambling again. Aren't I?:rollit:

GaladrielDreams, we go by the color of the tri's and what percentage of them are amber. When we estimate that they are close to 50% amber we begin the final, extended, dark period and then chop.

Again...this is how we do it and may not be the right way :bong:

GaladrielDreams, we go by the color of the tri's and what percentage of them are amber. When we estimate that they are close to 50% amber we begin the final, extended, dark period and then chop.

Again...this is how we do it and may not be the right way :bong:
thanks SK!

I was getting a bit confused over trichome and pistil colors.

I am going by the saying "When you think they are ready, wait a week"

Today the lights are on for the last time. The go off tonight at 1 am, and they will stay that way until I harvest.

Went into town today and picked up a few things.
I bought a 10 gallon sterilite container, an air wand, those stick on thermometers for fish tanks, and some tubing. Total came to 15 bucks.

I now have the makings for ANOTHER, DWC tank. I took pictures, but my camera battery is dead and needs recharged. So I'll post them in an hour or two. All I need for it is to cut out the holes for the baskets, and buy some baskets and hydroton at the hydro store in town. I'm probably missing a LOT of stuff, but for DWC, all I need is a bubble wand or disk, and the baskets and hydroton.

Now I am going to read up on the DIY Deep Water Culture thread so I can convert my container into a Deep Water Culture set up...

hmmm, is 10 gallons too big??? That's the smallest size they had :(

I need to cut the holes out on the container. I have a drill and a hole saw, and some tin snips, I'll do that when I get my kit. I'll use their container as a guide.

I'm also going to the Hydro store in town tomorrow. They were closed today. Gonna get some baskets, and hydroton. Control freak coming out again. I have to have everything I need before I need it... LOL I wonder if they will have the drip irrigation hub, and the submersible pump?

Getting geeked, can't you tell?

Nothing wrong with getting a little geeked.

Hey just a tip:

When cutting plastic with a hole saw its nice to have a soft backing under what your cutting. Other wise the pressure applied to cut the hole can cause cracking. I have found Styrofoam to work great here.

Nothing wrong with getting a little geeked.

Hey just a tip:

When cutting plastic with a hole saw its nice to have a soft backing under what your cutting. Other wise the pressure applied to cut the hole can cause cracking. I have found Styrofoam to work great here.

Thanks Chrome! I am still trying to decide what to use to cut the holes. I have an assortment of tools at my disposal ;)

Razor Knives, Soldering pen, tin snips, hole saw etc...

I am going to use the lid as a template for the other DIY res. I am just trying to decide on 4 or 6 holes?

Tmac,

I have a pocket scope. I have a lux meter on my camera, so I think I am set!

Lots of pictures.

ok lots of duplicates. I guess I better check when using the photo icon.

DWC supplies and Rearranged Closet setup

Dsc02917sm.jpg

Dsc02916sm.jpg

Dsc02915sm.jpg

Dsc02914sm.jpg
Dsc02914sm.jpg

Dsc02913sm.jpg

Dsc02912sm.jpg

Dsc02911sm.jpg

Dsc02910sm.jpg

Dsc02908sm.jpg

Dsc02909sm.jpg

Dsc02906sm.jpg

this is the gap in between my closet door and my bedroom
Dsc02896sm.jpg

Dsc02892sm.jpg

Dsc02891sm.jpg

Dsc02905sm.jpg

That's all for now.

Final Lights out for Penelope and Hermi-one. They get the ax on Wednesday. 11 Weeks Flower to the day.

Pics of the harvest will follow.

I don't have a scale. Best I can do for yield is what it looks like in a baggie :) I might get one of those postal hang scales, but that's all I can do. I'll be lucky to find one of those in town...

I love all the gear Gal! Reminds me of when I used to raise fish as a serious hobby.

You need to grow a lot to cover the costs of this 'hobby'. I was trying to do it on the cheap and have easily spent $500 between the buckets, soil, ferts, lights, wood, power strips, meters, etc etc. Just spent $50 for the stuff I need to make some hash, and that's on the cheap. And then of course there are the higher electric bills and water usage.

Now I'm thinking of doing a hempy grow. Have to find out if I can salvage my buckets which all have holes in the bottom, or else I have new expenses. And I've been eyeing some of the LED grows, I'd love to get one of those lights.

Good luck with the harvest. Please check the trichs right before you chop, I'm interested in how this dark period might impact that for you.

I love all the gear Gal! Reminds me of when I used to raise fish as a serious hobby.

You need to grow a lot to cover the costs of this 'hobby'. I was trying to do it on the cheap and have easily spent $500 between the buckets, soil, ferts, lights, wood, power strips, meters, etc etc. Just spent $50 for the stuff I need to make some hash, and that's on the cheap. And then of course there are the higher electric bills and water usage.

Now I'm thinking of doing a hempy grow. Have to find out if I can salvage my buckets which all have holes in the bottom, or else I have new expenses. And I've been eyeing some of the LED grows, I'd love to get one of those lights.

Good luck with the harvest. Please check the trichs right before you chop, I'm interested in how this dark period might impact that for you.

Yea, I had most of the stuff I needed already because of my now defunct fish hobby.

I then found out that I can use MOST of the stuff for DWC. So I gathered up all my aquarium supplies yesterday.

I plan on checking trichs before I harvest, but my scope batteries are dead. So I am going to have to do it via camera.

I've been looking into a 150 W HPS and MH lights. LED lights seem a bit pricey at the moment.

:cheer:...2 Days, 2 Days... :cheer:

Looks like you did your homework. ;)

I've read the Deep Water Culture DIY tutorial 4 times through now ;)

It's gonna be weird not checking on the girls for 2 days. They have been getting so much of my attention...

Back
Top Bottom