Jacksass Gives Northern Lights A Go

It's should be fine come tomorrow I would think, just needs sometime to push out. Congrats one another week one!

So how are you dealing with the cold. It just hit us on Friday , right now it's minus 27. But the good thing is it's not going to last long for us , a few more days and we will be back to a liveable minus 10
Hey man. Since you have a journal going, I would go to your profile, select edit signature, and copy and paste this link.

Jacksass Gives Northern Lights A Go

:cool:

So I was a little worried about the tents RH levels knowing the winter months it's going to be low .
Well low it definitely is , we are at 20percent.
I don't have the room for a humidifier , I have put water trays in front of the fan and that number just won't move up.
The girls are growing they look good but Im sure they would be a lot happier if humidity was at a more suitable number.
Winter suuuuucks

Hey all , I put that hygrometer in the tent and at first it read 20 then it dropped to 16 , freaked me out so I went to the hardware store and found this very compact humidifier. It's in the tent on low and fits very nicely in a corner out of the way and has so far brought up the RH to 25 on the low setting . I will keep monitoring it but I'm sure the girls are screaming with delight.

So how are you dealing with the cold. It just hit us on Friday , right now it's minus 27. But the good thing is it's not going to last long for us , a few more days and we will be back to a liveable minus 10

Cold doesn't really effect my room aside from the low humidity. Furnace running plus the outside air makes for the same conditions you got, 20%. High temps are more and issue for me than low. I just keep plugging along, growth is a bit slower than during spring to fall.

If that humidifier can get ya up to 40% it was likely worth it, but it's best to use RO water with them otherwise you could end up with a white film all over everything from the tap water. Otherwise there's nothing to really worry about with the low humidity, just slower growth and pots dry out faster

That's awesome that you got it up that much higher! I guess it works good in a tent, not so much a big room lol good job.

In veg your best humidity range would be between 60-70% but even 50 is going to make a huge difference compared to 20. With more humidity though make sure you got fans blowing lots of air when they get real bushy to prevent powdery mildew

Hey all .
I like watching these little plants grow into what we all love , pick your own words it's all good.
I believe the northern is on her 9th day and the mystery on day 3.
Everything is looking really good especially after the RH adjustment. Going to wait another week before introducing nutes , Still haven't purchased anything yet.
Just Lovin the ride.
Temp is hanging in between 24 and 28 degrees and the RH is holding at 45 on the low setting. I don't think I'm going to bump that up anymore .

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_195304.jpg
    IMG_20190205_195304.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190205_195319.jpg
    IMG_20190205_195319.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom