Jacksass Gives Northern Lights A Go

Good Saturday Eve.
Here we are with a little update , the northern is at day 13 and has skyrocketed with growth.
The unknown girl is a different story , she's on day 6 and not doing to much but they both look healthy.
I have the temp and humidity dialed in so far which is great I was so worried about that.
Temp is between 24 and 28 degrees and the humidity is between 45 and 55 it all depends on how often and long I open the tent up.
Tomorrow is the day for topping the northern and I'll most likely start introducing feed to her.
Trying to track down my tomato ring as she will need it soon , hopefully they didn't get tossed , they are most likely buried in the snow.

Hey all just a tiny update.
I topped the northern today and introduced a quarter dose of nutes , she is growing like crazy now.
The mystery girl has finally kicked into gear. She will be a smaller plant but anything she can produce will be better than nothing.
Yesterday I helped a friend buy and setup a small tent which they are happy with which is awesome , she might be a member her soon .
Wishing everyone a happy grow and huge yields.

Ok people going to look for your expertise here.
We all know Canada is just colder than crap . I had to close my intake because it was icing up inside the tent. Right now I have half my lights on and I need to turn on the rest of them. My temp is sitting at 28 degrees and it's just going to be way to hot in there if the rest of them are on.
Maybe they will be good with only 200 watts on them , I can't see it being good long term. On the other hand the ice and frost build up inside the tent is not good either.
Any ideas would be a great help

Am late to the party, but definitely have to follow and support a fellow Albertan's grow, especially in these cold times lol. As far as the heat issue, the only thing which comes to mind is maybe a speed controller on the intake fan? idk, I am doing a small, 2-plant grow in the corner of an upstairs room and control the temp by how much the window to the room is open. Best of luck with the rest of your grow, will be following along!

Yesterday was the three week mark for the northern girl and two week mark for the mystery girl.
The northern should be getting ready for the flip. I'm excited to see something other than cheese plants go through flower,. They are still nice plants to grow just a little boring.
Weather here in southern Alberta is going to change tomorrow which is freakin awesome , high of minus 3. Goodbye minus 25

Hey man! Sorry I haven't been around in a while, got pretty busy the last week or so, working weekends and such. Hope you don't get any more ice issues with your intake. Be sure to make sure there is no trapped moisture in there that wont dry up over time, could cause mold. Only other thing you can do is run the intake to a cooler part of your house and bring in air from there. But a lot of times that means cutting and routing vents and ducting. Good to hear the temperatures are going up for you, but -3, that's dam warm! Southern Saskatchewan is in the mid teens for the next week, which is sure better than the -30 to -40 we had been having.

Plants are looking awesome otherwise, you seem to have things dialed in better now for sure. You should try practicing some LST and tie them branches back a bit on the NL, it will help allow light to the other areas of the plant and spread it out more for nice air flow. Looks good though, keep up the good work my friend!

Hey all just finished putting in my tomato ring , not all branches are long enough to fit under but it's a good start.
The mystery girl is most likely going to be left alone. She just doesn't want to grow up at all. She's only 4 inches tall at best.
Today was a bomby minus 3 so I opened the intake a bit and what a huge difference. Unfortunately the cold is going to return. I have been in the tent lately three to four times a day adjusting everything .
It is what it is and the weather is only going to get better.

Good afternoon to everyone.
Well tomorrow will be day 28 for the NL and 21 for the mystery. Absolutely no sign of the northern flipping to flower yet so we will just sit and wait .
The mystery girl is slowly doing her thing at her pace . They both look really healthy , no problems to solve which is good.

Wow man I don't know what to think about these two girls . Absolutely the slowest plants I've ever had . The northern is day 32 and the mystery is day 25 . I see no sign of flowering yet. No stretching, I'm going to let them go another week and if still nothing I'll flip them myself.
The mystery bean I know zero about it. The fan leaves are much larger than the northern. I'm excited to see buds form on her so I can drive myself crazy playing the guessing game lol. I'll post pics after work

Back
Top Bottom