Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Just a quick note: I have been playing around with a DS-200 LED lamp and found out something interesting. Using 3 different low cost light meters I noticed that normally when I measure a lamp FL or HID directly at the source and then at say 30" there is a significant light drop off. This is very normal for me using these light meters. I then tried the same with the LED light and made sure that there wasn't any difference between colors as expected other then at the very end of visible light spectrum. The amazing thing was at 30" the difference was almost nothing at all.

I had to share this and hope others will test their LEDs to see if it's similar in response to my experiment.

By the way the plants look great!

Part of the issue with the diodes is at close range readings will be high but the source reading will only be coming from a few diodes, whereas over a greater distance many of the diodes will have merged their together so the reading is not going to diminish as it should, it does not mean the inverse law has been bypassed, what it means is how you measured was not accurate in respect to LED panels, it's more complicated than a LUX meter is able to handle.

Read here: Simple methods to measure intensity of light emitted from an LED?

Jandre my man big props to you for diligently posting everyday, great stuff I take my hat off to you and your dedication:thumb:

Your plants are looking beautiful and really healthy no signs of any issues you have definitely got things dialled into perfection!

Finally nice to see the significant difference in the rate of flowering between the LED and HID lamp, thing is light is nutrients and light as well as liquid feeds can be formulated to manipulate growth if this was purely a 2-4 wavelength blue/red LED panel I would have said that the HPS would probably catch up further into the grow but the way this panel is set up things could well be different.

I shall be watching this space with interest:Namaste:

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

07/04/2014
Observations:

Not used to seeing sugar this dense, this beautiful, this . . . . EARLY!

Thoughts anyone? Is this just the healthiest crop I've ever had in Hydro? Could this be due in part to the UV spectrum the lights put out?

Hmmm... I must test further...

Jandre I have a wonder woman grow 45 days in flower lots of frost. But your grow is frosting way earlier than I'm use to seeing. I'm in the market for LEDs and this brand is at the top of the list due to your testing. Thank and they look great.

Jandre I have a wonder woman grow 45 days in flower lots of frost. But your grow is frosting way earlier than I'm use to seeing. I'm in the market for LEDs and this brand is at the top of the list due to your testing. Thank and they look great.
I'm glad to hear it! I'm also glad that you came to check out the grow. Thank you so much for coming in and commenting :cheesygrinsmiley:

Discount Code 2k3LED15% at checkout
www.intelligentgro.com
Intelligentgro@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom