Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

I like how you guys can distinguish and describe what your smelling
once in awhile it really stands out as something ive smelled before like pine sol when its strong you can taste the smell too
and theres buds ive had a hint of pine sol kinda taste didn't smell like pine sol tho lol
but for me theres just a few tastes of smell that stand out that I can describe
Great taste buds you all got :thumb:

it looks great, how much longer will they be flowering? I do understand your nute problem and again sorry for anything I said that offended you. I will be a much better person and keep any neg thoughts away from here.

I have enjoyed your grow very much so far and am looking forward to more pics and info.

Take care

I like how you guys can distinguish and describe what your smelling
once in awhile it really stands out as something ive smelled before like pine sol when its strong you can taste the smell too
and theres buds ive had a hint of pine sol kinda taste didn't smell like pine sol tho lol
but for me theres just a few tastes of smell that stand out that I can describe
Great taste buds you all got :thumb:

Olfactory lobes to 11!

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

07/12/2014

The HPS:
image11850.jpg

image11849.jpg

image11848.jpg

Your plant under the Intelligent Gro LED light panel appears to have a lot more trichome coverage then your plant under High Pressure Sodium lights. Can you please take some photographs of the colas and buds with the same magnification of the 2 different buds, 1) under High Pressure Sodium light and 2) under the Intelligent Gro LED light panel?

looking beeee aaaa utiul J i still think a slideshow would be cool of the dailys the eyes and mind will make it right despite the frames not being exact, my cannatonic has a different smell too and ive noticed several other differences vs most it roots faster than anything i have ever seen before i saw callous and root bumps forming after 3 days in my diy aero cloner, and its leaf texture is unique, almost like vinyl cant wait to see it flower i just switched em a few days ago
well j i gotts ta say your killing it in here reps \m/ 00 \m/

Bummer to hear the word mites. I've just dealt with them. I myself like to use the safer soap if under 2 weeks in and the last I tried as you know was the nuke-em. Stuff seemed to work. I didn't do all it says on the label but I did make sure plants were good and wet. Stuff left no residue on the leaves being it's made of bakers yeast. I tend to stay away from the oils. neeem is a great anti feed and in my eyes should only be used on the leaves of a plant in veg. Leaves your going to shitcan anyways. I just looked in on a plant that had mites pretty bad, she was like 4 weeks in when I seen the mites and after 2 sprayings they are all dead. A lot of the secondary leaves still show the damage, but no mites. I seen someone talk about the Captain Jack's, I like the product. I spray my outdoor girls acouple weeks before harvest and I didn't see any caterpillars jumping out like they always do. Well glad you didn't get wiped out, but as you know keep a close eye out on your girls. Them bugs are extremely hardy. Keepem Green

Your plant under the Intelligent Gro LED light panel appears to have a lot more trichome coverage then your plant under High Pressure Sodium lights. Can you please take some photographs of the colas and buds with the same magnification of the 2 different buds, 1) under High Pressure Sodium light and 2) under the Intelligent Gro LED light panel?

Sure thing!

Those buds are getting nice!

Testing:

07/14/2014

The Requested Comparison:
(in reverse, because I want LED first)
The LED:
EDIT-DSCN1076.jpg

The HPS:
image11848.jpg

Testing:

07/14/2014

Observations:

The Stall: All throughout my days of growing, both before indoor in hydro and in my outdoor days, I have observed a phase immediately after pistil production reaches max, and right before the calyxes start to swell. I call it "The Stall", or "cannabis zen" during this period the plants seem to do absolutely nothing and grow neither in height, nor girth, nor do they seem to increase resin production in the form of more triches. It has lasted for as long as two weeks in some sativa strains and as short as a few days in the indica realm.

I mention this because it seems that we have reached this milestone in the LED plants. They're just sitting there, looking pretty, and not much else. Just sitting, breathing, and doing nothing else... Cannabis Zen. It's a mildly frustrating time for me as my eyes cannot tell me what, if anything, is going on. Pictures look the same from day-to-day, and until the swell starts, I find myself worrying if I'm doing something wrong, and if they're okay. I have to restrain from fiddling during this time. In short, it drives me nuts!

Anyone else have this reaction during this time? Am I just imagining this, or has anyone else experienced it? GAH!
:bitingnails:

Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

07/14/2014

The Requested Comparison:
(in reverse, because I want LED first)
The LED:
EDIT-DSCN1076.jpg

The HPS:
image11848.jpg

Thank you Jandre2k3!

I have also observed a stall when cannabis flowers between the pistil development and calyx swelling.

I too have had this happen. I have talked with some friends who believe it's because the plant is actually dying and getting ready to fulfill it's destiny by sending out more pheromones for pollination. Because I have created intentionally seeds I noticed that there seems to be no stall when seed production is going on. I used to think I did something wrong as well and sometimes messed up by adding more nutes. Personally I find that instead of adding anything I actually cut back a bit on my nutes and this seems to speed things up a bit.

Just an observation not something I wanted to spend a lot of time on. I would suggest checking your PPM and see how much of your nutes are being used.

I was wondering if you changed something on your camera as the LED photo seems different.

Have a great day

Back
Top Bottom