JimmieJ's First Grow - Closet - Soil - Bag Seed - CFLs

Like I said, it's kind of too early to say for sure. Give it a few days and see what they do. You do a great job with pictures, so it will be easy to see for sure soon. ;-) And, good to know a few seeds won't be a bad thing for you if it happens.

I need to go back and see how old that girl is.

:thumb:

Seeds aren't the end of the world if they don't ruin the potency. No matter what, this is my first grow, I've learned an astonishing amount, I've enjoyed the learning, met some wonderful people, and I know I've only just begun. If my flower closet turns into a seed factory, try try again.

Pictured was Handy Dandy 1. I believe she was switched to 12/12 on 3/2. Nanner was on Chillin 1, who was 12/12'd on 2/28.

Worked perfectly Smokey! You'll be teaching all of us how to navigate around here soon.

:thumb:

Thanks Canna, But you guys are the Pro's, I'm just learning from you guys as I go! But thank you for the kind words! In a few more months I hope to know a lot more about growing and can give advice and know it's correct! (and not look like an idiot :scratchinghead: ) Then I can start paying it forward more with advice for now at least until I turn 60 and see a raise that will let me help others as I've been helped!

Peggy the clone is looking good. She's in my new soil, there's NO doubt that she's loving it, and I think she just wants to grow now.
GEDC1746.JPG
GEDC1747.JPG
GEDC1749.JPG
GEDC1748.JPG

Another beautiful day here. The whole family got to go sunbathing. It's hard to believe that I have seven plants now, six are known female. Handy Dandy 2 has had a pretty hard childhood so it's taking its time to mature and show sex, but beginning to thrive. At one point, I wanted to kill it because it seemed hopeless. Now here it sits, surrounded by lovely females. Who can blame it for being happy?
GEDC1754.JPG
GEDC1753.JPG

I went to an estate sale and scored a new fan
GEDC1756.JPG

There's no way the little one was going to cut it on the sunny days when the whole family is together. The new one oscillates, which is a huge plus. I can keep it on low and they all still get their breeze.
GEDC1757.JPG

:slide::party::slide:

Today's update - I removed most of the LST ties to get them ready for their next use. The girls are all set in their ways and don't need them anymore, probably haven't for a while.

Handy Dandy 1
GEDC1759.JPG
GEDC1760.JPG
GEDC1761.JPG

It's a little busy under there. This girl has had the best, healthiest foliage. I like that about her - I hope the clone follows in her footsteps. She hasn't been picky at all
GEDC17631.JPG
GEDC1765.JPG

Groovy Retro Cloner / Handy Dandy 2 update.

It's been a full week now since I built the cloner. Fan leaves are just chillin out, waiting for roots. I see white bumps all over the bigger cutting now. I have a feeling they're going to start popping out as roots. So Hoz is right on - the lower, woodier stems will root the fastest. I'll find out soon!

GEDC1790.JPG
GEDC1787.JPG

Handy Dandy 2 is surprising me with the way it's coming around. It looks like even the faded leaves are getting green again. I didn't think that happened - I thought I just had to wait for new growth to see green again. This tells me that it loves what I've been doing. I'll keep doing it, increasing little by little till I see that it's getting pissed again. I hope it works that way...
GEDC1791.JPG

Jimmie, I took this from my little cloning lesson :cheesygrinsmiley:
Take cuttings. Important to keep stems in water until prepping them
IMG_104028.JPG

I use Rapid Start in the cloner bucket and Clonex Gel ...White Shark on developed roots before transplanting in soil
IMG_103925.JPG

Cut stem at a 30 degree at the bottom of stem removing all but the very upper leaf sets. I have found splitting the stem helps, sometimes not...I think temps play a factor...
IMG_101928.JPG
Trim leaves so clones send more energy to roots not the leaves. Dip stem in Clonex (use seperate container otherwise you will contaminate it)
IMG_121526.JPG

And about a week later we have roots! I do mist the clones occaisionally while in cloner. NO HUMIDITY DOME NEEDED! :cheesygrinsmiley: You may though depending on your Relative Humidity :cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_124028.JPG

I hope this post was helpful. BTW I have had success with clones from both flowering and vegging donors :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Hoz! That is great info, and just in time, because my biggest clone needs to be topped soon, and I want to clone the top. I have rooting hormone powder but none of the items you have - should I use it with my bubble cloner? :thanks::thumb:

I just picked up these pruning snips. Looks like what you have. Is this what I need to trim buds?
GEDC1802.JPG

Thanks Hoz! That is great info, and just in time, because my biggest clone needs to be topped soon, and I want to clone the top. !?!?!? You don't want to take a clone from the best part of the plant. Take a lower stem. I have rooting hormone powder but none of the items you have - should I use it with my bubble cloner? :thanks::thumb:
Ya gotta run what ya brung as they say it street racing :cheesygrinsmiley: In other words, YES! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I just picked up these pruning snips. Looks like what you have. Is this what I need to trim buds?
GEDC1802.JPG

Similar to mine. They beat the hell out of regular scissors! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Are you saying that I shouldn't top it, or that I shouldn't use the top as a clone?

Great about the rooting hormone! I love being able to use what I already have - I brung it so I'm gonna run it... :thumb:

When I use the rooting hormone powder, should I just dip the cutting in as normal, then insert into the cloner?

Are you saying that I shouldn't top it, or that I shouldn't use the top as a clone?
Great about the rooting hormone! I love being able to use what I already have - I brung it so I'm gonna run it...
When I use the rooting hormone powder, should I just dip the cutting in as normal, then insert into the cloner?

Jimmie, You are asking the right questions!
Don't top it if it's in full flower (Chillin 1 & 2) Always try to take clones from lower branch. The top is the most potent part. That is why we try to have as many terminal nodes (bud tops) as we can, to have LOTS MORE BUDS! :yahoo:
If you could wrap the foam around the stem and then dip it into the hormone before putting it in your cloner that should work!:cheesygrinsmiley:

All the flowering girls were topped during veg. I'm going to top Cici (Chillin 1's clone), I have to top her because I'm still using CFL, so I can't let her get too tall. That's why I wanted to clone the top, so it wouldn't go to waste. When I do it, I'll wrap the foam around, dip, then put in the cloner like you suggested.

I assume I need to change the cloner water at some point - will I just know when it needs it?

GEDC1806.JPG

Back
Top Bottom