JimmyCricket's 1st Indoor Grow - Chemdog D & White Rhino x Blackberry

Re: JimmyCrickets 1st Indoor Grow - Chemdog D & White Rhino x Blackberry

Iono if all roots grow this fast and I just can not see it in the soil. Or if this J-13 is a super strain (two really big names for parents so maybe its just super).

But I just decided to take a look under the hood and one of the plants has about 3 inch roots coming out of the netpots. The other plant I saw some 1 inchers hanging out. This means that in 5 days they have gone from no roots (besides what was in their cubes) to like 6-7 inch long roots. Thats crazy!

Nice on the DWC! I keep seeing these igloo coolers being used. Did you DIY? I was going to use it but buying the drill bit plus the cup circle cutter thingy is like $50 I think of additives I can buy with that money lol. Ill be getting it though because I would like to gt my hydro back up and running. New grow room has lots of space for it + soil

There are some discount tool places like "H@rbor Freight" that carry hole-saw kits for $15 or so, which is a steal compared to home de pot. They aren't as nice, but for cutting lots of holes in plastic, they don't need to be too fancy... ;)

DWC is great, but it's critical you are able to keep the water temps under about 70f to avoid pathogens and problems. This can be difficult under grow lamps that produce a lot of heat or if a person is not able to keep temps in line, generally speaking.

Jimmy -- Cool idea on the... cooler, lol. It should help you keep temps in line a little easier. :thumb:

Howdy JIMMY:thumb:
Thought i better drop in and see what you ve been up to!! And it seems you have a new addition to a growing style..
Ive heard of the DWC method, but have nasically just skimmed over it as i thought it wasnt applicable. So from doing a lil reading of a few of your posts, i kinda got the idea of some of what goes on with it, but im not 100%.
So i just thought id ask, what happens with this method? Do you just grow a seed til its like 6 weeks, then transplant into the final growing medium and the pot set up, with the Semi - Res tank underneath? Or is it for clones etc;??
I could make a good version of a pot like you mentioned making, id tap in a tap:) - and have the base slightly raised for drainage of the Res.tank. I could almost get away with using black storage tubs that interlock?? And just cut a hole for the net-pot.. Tho id make sure i could rotate it this time!!!
As not being able to move your plant sometimes is A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS!! I didnt actually think id have so much drama s but once she got big enough to set out with tether points, trying to move her was hectic - apart from un hooking her, just the size of the pot was silly, a round or square pot that fit snug would have been better IMO..
My last few grows i used 25/30L round pots, i used to rotate the plants now and then or even move them to one side a little, at some stages for lighting purposes. Ill be going back to something like my old style for next grow..
Well... WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST BRO:):) AND HOPING YOUR GANGJA GOES WILD!!! Take care mate.. Smokemup:high-five::thumb:

Damn You are taking ur new hobby to the extremes huh ? :)

Keep up the good grows and passing on the info you've experienced :bravo:

Smokey,

With DWC the size of your netpot dosent matter much (as long as it can fit a huge stem and hold the weight of the plant) Its more your res of water size. All a DWC is, is hanging a plant above water and letting its roots hang into the water permanently. The water is aerated which keeps roots breathing and prevents them from rotting.

Its big benefits over other hydro setups are:

1. its extremely easy to do.
2. has one of the most explosive growth rates of all the hydros, probably only second to aeroponics.
3. cheap to start
4. has no real parts so it is far less prone to failure when compared to most hydro methods.

Its downsides over other hydro setups are:
1. is prone to root rot if temps are not good or aeration is poor.
2. is usually for just a few plants, doing a lot of plants in this method would get tricky and use tons of water

As for when to start DWC, you could basically start a seedling as DWC if done right. My little clones are newly rooted and will be in those same netpots and container for their entire 5-6 month lives.

Damn You are taking ur new hobby to the extremes huh ? :)

Keep up the good grows and passing on the info you've experienced :bravo:

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right ;)

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right ;)

hey Mr smarty pants, did you just make that up?

hey Mr smarty pants, did you just make that up?

I think I did lol.

Then again anything worth saying, has been said before.

I think I did lol.

Then again anything worth saying, has been said before.

wow man did you make that up too?:)

what if dog was spelled C.A.T.?

What if these caterpillars lounging out on my leaves smoking the buds where not just in my head and were actually real?

What the hell are you actaully smoking over there????

025165.JPG
008673.JPG
09911.JPG
DSCN6601.JPG
14317.JPG

:):):):slide::slide::slide:

No I didnt smoke Kirby either! Hes just my little bodygaurd buddy, protecting me from the gardens evil critters!

What if these caterpillars lounging out on my leaves smoking the buds where not just in my head and were actually real?

YOU KNOW THATS THE KIND OF THING THAT MAKES ME THINK OF THE STRING WALKING IN THE SUMMER SUN
yeah there was this string walking into town and man it was hot
anyway he got to town and thought how good an Iced cold drink woul be, so just as soon as he got to the saloon he was goin to get himself a cool drink.
as he got to the door of the bar it flew open and another string came flying out the door with the Innkeeper behind shouting"get out we dont serve strings here!!"
of course the string that was thirsty "what was that about"
to witch the other string picked himself up and says"do not go in there, they dont serve string in there"
the other string says "well I'am thirsty so they will serve me"
the other string says"oh yeah how?" so the thirsty string whips out a pair of scissors and gives himself a little chop.
he then gives his top a little tying up job and bushes whats above out.
he tells the other string" they will serve me now
the string walks in the saloon and sits down, slams his stringy hand down and says"give me a drink!
the innkeeper walks down to him and says"hey, aint you a string? you know we dont serve strings in this saloon!""the string says "NO i'AM A FRAYED KNOT:)[/B

Fishy fishy fishy there you go again making me wipe my eyes after laughing my ass off. :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom