Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

re: Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

wiw!

Yeah jon!
wicked start bro!

Of course I'm in for this one.
killer upgrades.
Love to see you going with the tomato cages. You're really going to love how easy training is with them.
:high-five:

welcome Vick, I really like the big cages bro, its kinda like a scrog but I can still move individual plants around when needed, I should of gotten rid of that monster screen along time ago and went this way its going to save my back from alot of aches and pains:)

Thanks for the invitation jon, everything is lovely! The combo of hps and led is exciting to see............it seems to me that the combos are very attractive options.....I gotta get over and look at your entry! +reps!:cheer:

Hey Mcl, im glad you made it brotha, Im actually thinking about keeping the hps in there when my new growshop is built, Im picturing 2 vented 1000w hps then 2 led's then 2 more vented hps and 2 more led's, the venting will be a little tricky but im confident I can figure it out, this way I dont have to buy anymore lights for the flower room, I already have 2 more 1000's on standby:)

Hey Mcl, im glad you made it brotha, Im actually thinking about keeping the hps in there when my new growshop is built, Im picturing 2 vented 1000w hps then 2 led's then 2 more vented hps and 2 more led's, the venting will be a little tricky but im confident I can figure it out, this way I dont have to buy anymore lights for the flower room, I already have 2 more 1000's on standby:)

I believe you are on to something viable and trend changing!:thumb:My plants under the induction are bigger on the side closest to the hps, and they are 6 feet away!

OUTDOOR UPDATE

All but one plant the blue hash look to be loving they're new enviroment and nutes. The autos have easily doubled in size in the few days they have meen outside. I wont be labeling individual plants theres just way to many to keep track of.
Patch #1 56 autos and 15 photoperiods
DSCF31671.JPG

DSCF31682.JPG
DSCF31692.JPG
DSCF31702.JPG
DSCF31712.JPG
DSCF31723.JPG
DSCF31743.JPG
DSCF31752.JPG
DSCF31763.JPG
DSCF31771.JPG
DSCF31792.JPG
DSCF31802.JPG
DSCF31843.JPG
DSCF31854.JPG
DSCF31864.JPG
DSCF31875.JPG
DSCF31882.JPG
DSCF31892.JPG
DSCF31912.JPG

This is the Blue Hash I mentioned, I just added the time release nutes to it yesterday so whatever this is its not caused by them.
DSCF31812.JPG
DSCF31823.JPG
DSCF31832.JPG
DSCF31902.JPG

any ideas?
And this is the second patch with 43 autos right in the middle of a large patch of Blackberries, gotta love it when you can use mother nature as a bodyguard:)
DSCF31921.JPG
DSCF31932.JPG
DSCF31941.JPG
DSCF31951.JPG
DSCF31961.JPG
DSCF31971.JPG
DSCF31981.JPG
DSCF3199.JPG

hope you enjoy the pics:)

Blue og is the hardest strain ive ever cloned bro, Im only getting one out of 8 to root if im lucky and up until now I was getting 99% success, im going to experiment with different tecniques and gels with it, its definetly a keeper. Of all the weed I sold and gave away from last round everybody liked the blue og the best, but then again I didnt give any Jack or Chernobyl #1 away, those are my 2 favs:)

wow man what a great thread and it only just got started cant wait to see this round keep up the great work ttly

This is the Blue Hash I mentioned, I just added the time release nutes to it yesterday so whatever this is its not caused by them.
DSCF31812.JPG
DSCF31823.JPG
DSCF31832.JPG
DSCF31902.JPG

bro,
I had the same thing happen to one of my outdoor Cotton Candy's.
Was stumped as it's definitely not fert burn.
I've only been feeding once a week, and then only 1/2 strength BPN..
Only happened on one leaf set, the rest of the plant is fine.
Thinking it might have something to do with the rain?

If you or anyone else figures it out, please let me in on it!

from what ive been reading 62 degrees is when water holds the most oxygen

I thought peak O2 saturation happened at 65F. :hmmmm:

got a link?

welcome Vick, I really like the big cages bro, its kinda like a scrog but I can still move individual plants around when needed, I should of gotten rid of that monster screen along time ago and went this way its going to save my back from alot of aches and pains:)

You got the colored ones too! I saw those a couple months ago and soooo want some, but my investment capital is $0 right now. 35 x $6 adds up! Almost bought the plain ones, but 35 x $2.50 still adds up to more than I can spend right now. All expenditures are targeted for 'needs' only, ie chemicals and utility bills, until some $$ comes back the other way. :winkyface:

When I saw Vick use them, I knew I wanted some too. I get the advantage of individual sites, but still have a framework to tie too.

So are you not moving your HPS during the grow? I know last grow you stopped moving the LEDs per the manufacturer recommendation, but what about the HPS?

That's my biggest objection to the tomato cages. I train my plants real low. They have vegged a month and the tallest are barely 12-14" above the rock. If I had cages on them, I would have to raise my lights much higher than they are now. I'd be concerned about excess stretching. Any thoughts Jon or Vick?

I can't wait to see your new workshop. We've been looking for some land to buy a little more recently. I want more distance between my grow and other people. I had planned to use the basement again. I still might, but I've been thinking more and more along the lines of your plan. Just build a dedicated building for indoor growing. Needless to say...
:popcorn:

Jon, just me, but I would top dress that fussy plant with new soil and quit feeding it, it looks like it's just freakin out a little from what it had in the past, or I've even had em do that when I put em in a different soil..............it always seems like there's a fussy girl in the crowd. I truly believe that plant will straighten out with time. I don't give em individual treatments..............I should...but I don't!

I thought peak O2 saturation happened at 65F. :hmmmm:

got a link?

You got the colored ones too! I saw those a couple months ago and soooo want some, but my investment capital is $0 right now. 35 x $6 adds up! Almost bought the plain ones, but 35 x $2.50 still adds up to more than I can spend right now. All expenditures are targeted for 'needs' only, ie chemicals and utility bills, until some $$ comes back the other way. :winkyface:

When I saw Vick use them, I knew I wanted some too. I get the advantage of individual sites, but still have a framework to tie too.

So are you not moving your HPS during the grow? I know last grow you stopped moving the LEDs per the manufacturer recommendation, but what about the HPS?

That's my biggest objection to the tomato cages. I train my plants real low. They have vegged a month and the tallest are barely 12-14" above the rock. If I had cages on them, I would have to raise my lights much higher than they are now. I'd be concerned about excess stretching. Any thoughts Jon or Vick?

I can't wait to see your new workshop. We've been looking for some land to buy a little more recently. I want more distance between my grow and other people. I had planned to use the basement again. I still might, but I've been thinking more and more along the lines of your plan. Just build a dedicated building for indoor growing. Needless to say...
:popcorn:

I cant find the link right this sec bro but it said between 62 and 65 degrees is best so I set the chiller at 62 degrees and it fluxuates between 62 and 65 which is perfect.

I train my girls the same way bro, Im thinking I will train them outside of the bottom rings and use the cages as tie off points as they grow upwards and outwards, so support them from the inside and just let a few of the branches grow up the middle. You probably wont see the cages at all exept for the top ring when they are in full flower, the cages are 42 inches tall minus about 6 inches thats in the pots, thats pretty much how tall my girls were last round so there should be no sagging at all this round

I can move the hps if needed but im happy with where theyre at right now, if they stretch alot I ll move the hps up a bit.

The real reason im building this shop is it will raise the value of my property around 50 grand or so, this is a long term flip for us so its killing 2 birds with one stone, raise the value of the property and have the entire grow contained to one building.No more leaves all over the place during trimmming, no smell and we get our bedroom and walk in closet back:)

Jon, just me, but I would top dress that fussy plant with new soil and quit feeding it, it looks like it's just freakin out a little from what it had in the past, or I've even had em do that when I put em in a different soil..............it always seems like there's a fussy girl in the crowd. I truly believe that plant will straighten out with time. I don't give em individual treatments..............I should...but I don't!

I used 50% strength bpn when I transplanted it into the big pot, so it hasnt had anything in 2 weeks but then again the pot is so big it didnt need any water while it got used to soil(thats one of the plants I transplanted from hydro)I just added the time release nutes yesterday so I ll keep an eye on her and see what happens. Like I told Curso, I had a bunch of plants do the same thing last year and nothing I did helped so since I have no idea what it is im just going to keep on doing what im doing and hope she recovers:)

Back
Top Bottom