Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

re: Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Ha ha, this is going to be some journal mate! A lot of very cool shit; the outdoor girls are looking amazing. Not sure what that weird stuff is but doesn't really look like a deficiency or burn or anything. Maybe just pheno, she looks healthy enough and is in the same conditions / soil as everything else.

Looking forward to seeing how the lesser defoliation goes, that will be very interesting and will be really helpful for my next grow.

Fantastic work as always mate

WHAAAATTTTT!!!!! Your upgrades are sick. I love the clean look of the chiller. Grow Room is on solar bro. Still looking threw and reading but I gave reps.

Your plants look good as well. I think shes trying to grow and expand to fast thats shes running threw the nutes and cringing at the same time from root expandment. Look at her new growth shes hungry & eating it all up:)

Outside is looking good as well there Jon, had one of my outdoor Blueberry plants do something similar on one little portion of a branch the rest of the plant was fine I removed those leaves and she is going good just keep feeding them and they will grow awesome job, OG.

Ha ha, this is going to be some journal mate! A lot of very cool shit; the outdoor girls are looking amazing. Not sure what that weird stuff is but doesn't really look like a deficiency or burn or anything. Maybe just pheno, she looks healthy enough and is in the same conditions / soil as everything else.

Looking forward to seeing how the lesser defoliation goes, that will be very interesting and will be really helpful for my next grow.

Fantastic work as always mate
Thanks for the kind words bro:Namaste: Ive been studying Subcools tecniques alot lately and he swears that all the leaves serve a purpose for directing energy where it needs to go and hes pulling 10-12 oz a plant indoors in soil, same goes for the guy that designed my lights so ive gotta try it and see for myself:)

WHAAAATTTTT!!!!! Your upgrades are sick. I love the clean look of the chiller. Grow Room is on solar bro. Still looking threw and reading but I gave reps.

Your plants look good as well. I think shes trying to grow and expand to fast thats shes running threw the nutes and cringing at the same time from root expandment. Look at her new growth shes hungry & eating it all up:)
Welcome Wiz:) Im not sure what it is bro but the plants that had it last year it was the whole plant and they didnt recover just looked like that the whole time, they still flowered but the nugs were really fluffy.At least its only one plant, to bad its the biggest and the only one of that strain.Thanks for the reps my friend:Namaste:

Outside is looking good as well there Jon, had one of my outdoor Blueberry plants do something similar on one little portion of a branch the rest of the plant was fine I removed those leaves and she is going good just keep feeding them and they will grow awesome job, OG.
Thanks bro, every top looks like that so who knows, i ll keep doing what im doing and see what happens:)

Hi jon,
i just been having a quick flick through your journal, nice set up so thought id sub myself a seat,

anyways i just read you had real problems cloning this strain,
not sure on how you are cloning so ill read back a few pages and see if i can find it,

anyways im growing in soil and use rooting gel, i find taking clones with long stems have a lower survival rate than shorter clones, what i do is use small pots and have about 2 inches of soil in the pot and make the soil moist, i poke small hole and cut a small clone off the plant, it then goes in the rooting gel for 20 or 30 seconds before going in the soil, i find using small domes over each clones works best so my clones are done in seperate pots which is pretty easy for soil grows, not so much for hydro due to the different setups you use,
so thats how i clone easy to clone plants,

now their is another method for hard to clone strains, it took me a couple of goes to get this method to work but once you have done it a couple of times its very easy and will guarantee a clone every time, its called air cloning, im just looking for a decent link to send you to so you can have a read, it will be posted below if i find it, if not google it and you will find many sites explaining this method, so when i had problems cloning a plant i gave air cloning a try and it cloned every time after i got used to it,

basically air layering/cloning is the process of rooting clones before you remove them from the mother plant, you actually root the clone while its still growing on the mother plant, so when you cut the clone from the plant its got roots and ready to plant in what ever medium you use, doing this ensures the clone is viable before removing it from the plant, its takes a bit of practice to perfect the method but once you have mastered it you will be able to clone even the hardest of plants to clone,

here is a link that shows you a basic video on how to do it, it is not exactly how i did it but is not far off the same,
Medical Marijuana: How to Air-Layer as a cloning technique - YouTube.

so that guide is how that grower did it but use google and you will see another method,
the method i used was pretty similar but i basically cut 2 rings around the stem i wanted to clone about 1cm apart, then the stem between the cuts needs the outer part of the stem peeling off, if you look at the stem of the plant it has like an outer layer then an inner layer, you just remove the outer layer so that the inner layer is open to the air, you then cover this with rooting gel or powder and then cover with some grow medium, again i used compost and covered it with clingfilm, i didnt use a syringe to water i just opened the top of the cling film and poured water in, try and keep the stem slightly moist and out of direct light and after about 10 days their will be roots growing out of the part you peeled off the plant, the clone is still getting water from the mother plant as its still attatched so when its got enough root mass you then just cut it from the plant just below the roots, this gives you bigger ready to plant clones,

one thing i have wondered is if you did this on lower branches but instead of cutting them from the plant let them grow and the roots to grow into a growing medium then would this give you bigger buds on that branch due to it having its own root system, not something i have tried as such but i have used air layering/cloning method and it worked, so thought id share that with you for any future problem plants you want to clone

their is also potatoe cloning, again something i have read but this method i have not tried,
you basically take a clone but with a slightly thicker stem, you poke hole in potatoe and push the clone in with the rooting gel, the potato will grow roots very quick keeping the conditions perfect for rooting the clone, then the clone will grow roots and the potatoe will split away leaving you a clone,

this is something i have not tried, so cant say how well it works, but sounds like you take the clone, poke hole in potato and push clone in after putting in rooting hormone, you then bury the potato and that roots and gives perfect conditions for rooting the cannabis clone,

So in theory you can do this to a large lower branch and have a decent size plant right from the get go:scratchinghead: I see energy savings in my future, If I can perfect this tecnique I think I might do it all the time. The clones could be 12-14 inches so alot less veg time and they probably would be really healthy because they were still attached to the plant, I love it:)

yep spot on mate,
id try it on small branch first so you get used to doing it, have a read and look at a few guides on utube site, their are a few different methods but all give same results so go with what ever you find easiest, id say the most important thing is to keep the cutting knife very clean when you scrape back the stem, the last thing you need is some sort of rot or fungus growing where the roots should be growing,

but basically one you got it sorted and have no problems doing it you can basically make any size clones you like, id say with this method you can make bigger clones than you normally would as it stays on the plant and gets the nutrients and water the usual way but grows roots at the same time, so it only grows on its own once you cut it from the mother plant, so as long as the roots are established you should be good to go, you might get a bit of transplant shock when you transplant to grow medium but it didnt cause me any issues,

so its a good method to use when plants are hard to clone and guarantees success when cloning,

just thought id mention it as it may be something you can try and hopefully will save you losing clones that dont root, this pretty much guarantees to get rooted clones,
the only thing i will add is to make sure the part of the stem thats got rooting gel on it and covered is not getting any light, you need the roots to grow in the dark so either make sure its well shaded where you trying to root or find a way of blocking the light, you also need to watch the temps as you dont want the branch to just rot, keep it out of direct sun or light and im pretty sure you will have no problems get rooted clones,

Thanks for the kind words bro:Namaste: Ive been studying Subcools tecniques alot lately and he swears that all the leaves serve a purpose for directing energy where it needs to go and hes pulling 10-12 oz a plant indoors in soil, same goes for the guy that designed my lights so ive gotta try it and see for myself:)

Defoliation is a crime lol

Ive been defoliating for years bro and I averaged 8-9 oz per 3 foot tall plant last round so I would say it has its place especially when scrogging but I love experimenting.I know this pk pretty well now so we will see in a few months:)

Lol
I'm full of strange ideas! I did warn everyone that follows my journal. I'm a great believer it not defoliating at all except for the branches you don't want to do their best. eg lollie popping.
Just my opinion.

lmao Lurch, opinions are like assholes bro everybody has one, Ive seen great results here at :420: using both tecniques, actually I guess if you dont do anything to the plant its not really a tecnique its mother natures way but now that I have complete control of the enviroment and can keep things alot cooler in there I dont have to worry about the plants transpiring as much and causing issues because the leaves are sticking together and at risk of mold. I dont really lollypop either I just clean up the bottom of the plant,lollypopping is pretty extreme,usually half the plant but I dont see the point in leaving a bunch of fluffy stuff at the bottom not getting any light, I much prefer to take it off and let the plants redirect the energy upwards, even Sub does it this way, he says he removes anything that he knows hes not going to want to trim lol..some guys leave the lowers for hash but I get alot of hash just from the sweetleaf, I still have several bags of it I havent run through the bags yet from last round. It all boils down to personal prefererence bro. Im a comercial grower, this is how I make my living so im always trying to maximize the sellable yield, a bunch of fluff at the bottom isnt sellable and is a pain in the ass to trim so if the plant redirects that energy upwards when its removed then great:)

I been following you grows and paid attention to your "style" and technique .
After watching you'r vids on y-tube, the wife asked how much and how long it would take to copy , in less than 10 seconds I showed her the shopping list with a total of 10-15 grand I thought she was going to have a heart attack:rofl:
I then showed her my business plan and a 1-2 year time frame , she is now trying to find a second job to speed this up
My problem is I can't stop forcing my ladies under screens which takes up the space of 2-3 standing up.
So my solution is a second flower space for torture
I think that your idea of a few less ladies will get you closer to that 10 lb marc .
Thank you for sharing all your experience the bad as well as the good.:peace:
P>S any chance you could stop by my new journal I got a plant with growth I never seen.
thanx

Back
Top Bottom