Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant

Sorry that was too easy. :Namaste:
That's for the beanstalks.:rofl:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
You have to give me shit, Bill, it's a rule....I do it to you, so I expect nothing less of you than to respond in kind.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, you want to see EXTREME support measures?
Post #3 of 3 - FULVIA

Fulvia is my superstar. If there's a prize plant of all my plants, it's not Titan, it's Fulvia. She has a chance to be a pound by herself. Her stems are many and have HUGE buds, LONG from top to bottom. I'm talking buds that are longer than my forearm a good bit. And the tops are bulking up and out like mad women. She is also the most cooperative plant and requires the least in terms of support. The way she's built she pretty much supports herself for the most part, although she is so heavy that when the fan oscillates to her side the whole plant blows a couple inches to the side from the air. Lol. Used to be just the closest branches did that, now the whole plant sways.

So all we have for Fulvia is some of the bamboo and clean wood support pieces from underneath, pictured here:

As well as using strategic fan placement to use the fans to also provide support.

Which gives us a nice, humongous, straight up and down standing, plant. Here's off the wall and go left shots.

That was the last PHEW moment, and that one was easy.

Now we smoke. Jesus that was a lot of work.

Hi @Carmen Ray -

So FYI...

I have the pot with the sprout in the sun outside. I want to keep the pot and soil warm for our baby and I also happen to believe that the sprout can sense that the light is above and if it's kept under light that helps it come up. Can't prove that, just how I feel.

As a result, the pot dries out quicker.

So all I did was, with a spray bottle and the nozzle set so it comes out NOT in a stream, but in a cylindrical shower (I guess the "spray" setting, not sure, just not stream), I gave the top center, where the sprout is, 8 pulls on the spray bottle. With the nozzle set to spray or whatever, this is the same thing as a very small rain falling on the area and doesn't really get anything too wet per se, but keeps the soil where the seed head is under the dirt wet, as that is what has dried out from the sun. I'll repeat this spritzing anytime it dries out like that till she comes up. The important part is to just give it 8-10 pulls on the trigger. That barely amounts to a tbsp. of water.

Cool? I told you EVERY time I add water I'd let you know. That includes this.

Just a Quick Spud Bud Update
Flower Day 43

I caught this picture of a Spud Bud sitting smack dab next to an Elora bud. It shows pretty clearly the difference in how much faster the Spud is finishing compared to the FPCs.

So after looking closely at Spud's buds (lol), I can see we're very close on her. This seems very short for her to be this far along, today is day 43 of flower. That's fast. Her buds are dense, tight, and certainly are in final tightening up mode. They are small buds but many of them, and they all have the same basic perfect pyramidish shape. They are past shooting new growth pistils now. So here's the thing - the cross of plants that made this seed is Pineapple Upside Down Cake X Strawberry Banana. BUT....the Strawberry Banana was a fast flowering freebie seed. These are supposed to flower faster than regular photos by a week or two, sometimes more. Usually they come in around 45-60 days. Again, this is day 43. So it's not that surprising perhaps, if the seed inherited whatever it had to from the SB to include the fast flowering gene or whatever.

All that said, I checked her trichomes, here's two pics. She's got a ton of white everywhere and an occasional rogue amber at this point. We're talking a matter of days on this plant. THANK GOD. She's a HUGE pain in the ass, and once she's out of the tent I can rock and roll and truly fix the setup in there.

Jack Herer Auto
Day 68

My Jack has issues. Already working on them, but she's definitely not ready for prime time. Being in the tent was okay, but it didn't allow me to work the plant. This is what happens when you can't see the plant or work on it consistently. Hopefully I can bring her back some, otherwise we'll just have small buds. The buds themselves seem fine, but the upper fans are WEAK. Lol.

This focus is the best the iPhone will give me with as low as the light is in the rig with no light on. I used the flash on the group pic, and that didn't do too well either. You get the idea.

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

My God that looks like a lot of work today. Impressive a.f. What kind of fish was that you caught? Do you eat them?
Hi @Carmen Ray -

So FYI...

I have the pot with the sprout in the sun outside. I want to keep the pot and soil warm for our baby and I also happen to believe that the sprout can sense that the light is above and if it's kept under light that helps it come up. Can't prove that, just how I feel.

As a result, the pot dries out quicker.

So all I did was, with a spray bottle and the nozzle set so it comes out NOT in a stream, but in a cylindrical shower (I guess the "spray" setting, not sure, just not stream), I gave the top center, where the sprout is, 8 pulls on the spray bottle. With the nozzle set to spray or whatever, this is the same thing as a very small rain falling on the area and doesn't really get anything too wet per se, but keeps the soil where the seed head is under the dirt wet, as that is what has dried out from the sun. I'll repeat this spritzing anytime it dries out like that till she comes up. The important part is to just give it 8-10 pulls on the trigger. That barely amounts to a tbsp. of water.

Cool? I told you EVERY time I add water I'd let you know. That includes this.
Thank you for catching my attention. I'll have to watch my pots because they will be indoors and the temps will be lower, so it will likely take longer for my pots to dry out. I must buy a mister tomorrow. I'm picking the seeds up tomorrow, so we might as well get cracking :)

Starting a Seedling Day 1 - A Sub Heading for Those Who Need It
@Carmen Ray, if anyone else needs tagged just say so!

Ok Carmen, here we go, our sprout is now in the starter pot. Here's precisely what I did, in the order I did it:

1. Re-prepped pot by dumping soil, adding a handful of perlite, mixing thoroughly, and putting it back in the pot.
2. This pot is now DRY as a bone.
3. Wet with water/FF Microbe Brew/Kelp Me Kelp You the central column of the pot to runoff. I let the edges stay dry, there's no reason to wet them at this point. Just the central column about as wide as a nute bottle is wet to the bottom.
4. Used my finger to make a divot in the middle of the soil about nail deep.
5. Used a skewer point to make a "hole within a hole," smaller than the divot, for the tap root to go into.
6. Coated wet hole with Great White. I'm out of DYNOMYCO or I'd use that too.
7. Dropped sprout in hole.
8. Used skewer point to manipulate tap root down into smaller hole with seed coat at the top of skewer hole so only the seed coat is exposed.
9. Covered the divot/sprout with medium, making sure the dirt I use to cover the seedling doesn't have pieces of bark and crap in it, just light soil for her to come up through.
10. THAT IS IT. I DID NOT WATER ON TOP AFTER PUTTING DIRT OVER THE SEEDLING. THE MEDIUM IS ALREADY SOAKED FROM THE TAP ROOT DOWN.

Here's some pictures to display.

This is the divot creation and depth.

This is the creation of the hole for the tap root.

This is what the sprout looked like when I decided it was time to plant.

Then dropped in the divot at random.

Then manipulated so tap root is in small hole going down, seed coat up top. Sorry, blurry picture.

Then re-covered with soil and we're done.

Now we do nothing but wait. It won't be up tomorrow probably and I'll show you if I water it at all.

There you go. Round one complete. First step is get the seed started properly. This is how I do it every time, coco or soil, auto or photo. All the same at this point.

:thumb:
Jon, I've just started taking notes now because all being equal I will wet seeds tomorrow. I'm nervous and flying by the seat of my pants. I really appreciate you doing this demo for me, thank you! Please will you give me another measurement for the water. What is the volume of the pot and the size of the nute bottle? Maybe if you could show a picture of that please?

Jon, I've just started taking notes now because all being equal I will wet seeds tomorrow. I'm nervous and flying by the seat of my pants. I really appreciate you doing this demo for me, thank you! Please will you give me another measurement for the water. What is the volume of the pot and the size of the nute bottle? Maybe if you could show a picture of that please?
Hi @Carmen Ray - well, my computer decided to permanently shit the bed. It’s history. Considering it was a laptop I got in 2011, I think I got my money out of it. So I’m on my phone. This blows. Who uses their phone for this? Anyway I may be less responsive for a couple days but I’ll check for any questions. If you have them just post here and I’ll see them.

This question: I’m in a call it a 1 gallon little greenhouse pot. The column you wet is about 3 inches across. No big deal, you’re just getting the soil wet where the tap root is going to go.

Does that answer your question?

Wow Jon I didn't realize they were so tall! I don't think Jack looks bad at all, what are you planning to do with him and how much longer do you think he has?

I don't think I did that much work building my frame lol, I don't know how you do it!

Keep up the great work!
Lol. In this case I’ve had easier tasks, that’s for sure. Jack doesn’t look bad? Not to be an ass, but since when do my plants ever look like that? She’s awful! But not beyond bringing home adequately. I have her in the ER and triage unit now. She’s not going to give me more than a couple ounces, the compromise has gone on long enough that her buds are compromised and beyond repair, lol. That means they’re small. Healthy enough, smells good, looks good, and will be good, just not much. The Zkittlez will be more and there is no world where Zkittlez outyields Jack Herer. Thanks for the kind words, I’m kind of tired of working my ass off on this grow.

Hi @Carmen Ray - well, my computer decided to permanently shit the bed. It’s history. Considering it was a laptop I got in 2011, I think I got my money out of it. So I’m on my phone. This blows. Who uses their phone for this? Anyway I may be less responsive for a couple days but I’ll check for any questions. If you have them just post here and I’ll see them.

This question: I’m in a call it a 1 gallon little greenhouse pot. The column you wet is about 3 inches across. No big deal, you’re just getting the soil wet where the tap root is going to go.

Does that answer your question?
Sorry about the laptop! I hope you get sorted out with a new one asap. Bummer. Mine is getting on in years. I hope it lasts that long. Thank you. I'll do my best with the proportions.

Thanks @Carmen Ray and @BubbaKush909 - I dug out an iPad. Once I get that setup (today) I’ll be back. Can’t be having computer issues in the midst of a demo. Btw Carmen - the Pluto Runtz is up. Day 1. I have not watered it today. I’ll post a pic later.

Support

I can’t even take a picture to show you guys, it’s impossible, but Elora is in need of some support surgery beyond my technical capabilities with the material on hand. I need something more serious than these bamboo poles, and I need lots of them. I figured out the only option I have left, but first, here’s what we assessed with material in hand and realized was impossible:
- the net idea
- the bungee cord idea
- the stringing twine or wires across idea
- the tie to the CFM bars idea

None of them will work. I waited too long and now I’m stuck with what I have - immensely long and tall towers. If these buds were forming fatter like indica buds, like the Blueberry for example, this grow would be on the floor. We still have a month yet and they’re not going to get lighter from here. Something must be done.

So what is going to happen later is a trip to Home Depot. The one here has everything, pretty sure every product there is, lol. I already know they have them and I’m going to grab some serious support. These will replace everything that’s currently happening in terms of support, and all the supports will be in the pot. Six or eight should give me enough solid, tall, vertical “poles” sticking up from the pot that with a little strategic placement of the ties I should be able to affix every tower to them one way or another. This will also make the plant compact, not too, just all standing straight up, there’s so much more than I can show you it’s insane.

It’s a beautiful plan….in theory. We’ll see about implementation later on.

Jack Herer

She’s in a bit better shape than I thought, and seems to be having a growth spurt after now three days on 20/4 after 12/12 up to now. Here’s some buds:

539DE1DD-ECA3-437F-A424-1ABE5D19F962.jpeg

2ADCD025-926E-47DB-BE3C-702325A9C708.jpeg

269A8C21-B92D-44EC-8E23-975ED552FD71.jpeg

Thanks @Carmen Ray and @BubbaKush909 - I dug out an iPad. Once I get that setup (today) I’ll be back. Can’t be having computer issues in the midst of a demo. Btw Carmen - the Pluto Runtz is up. Day 1. I have not watered it today. I’ll post a pic later.
Oh good for the iPad. Awesome on the Runtz being up! I need somehow to bookmark all the posts that have the vital info. I'm on the first step. I have watered the little pots to run off down the central column as shown below. This bottle is what I filled with water and mycco and shared between the pots. They took 50 ml each. That is 1.69 fluid ounces US. Does that sound and look about right to you, Jon? I will inject a bit of a product I bought today down the central column too as it is full of microbes and stuff to boost growth. Is it ok if I keep the questions here for now?
Good luck supporting your plants today! What a fabulous problem to have :)

DSC_7399.JPG

Oh good for the iPad. Awesome on the Runtz being up! I need somehow to bookmark all the posts that have the vital info. I'm on the first step. I have watered the little pots to run off down the central column as shown below. This bottle is what I filled with water and mycco and shared between the pots. They took 50 ml each. That is 1.69 fluid ounces US. Does that sound and look about right to you, Jon? I will inject a bit of a product I bought today down the central column too as it is full of microbes and stuff to boost growth. Is it ok if I keep the questions here for now?
Good luck supporting your plants today! What a fabulous problem to have :)

DSC_7399.JPG
That looks great @Carmen Ray. What do you mean by inject? You don’t mix that stuff with water? And if those pots are prepped you shouldn’t need anything else. Let’s stay away from the urge to put more stuff in the soil for now, ok? I assure you it has everything needed for this pot already. If you’re going to do what I do we don’t feed until she has two sets of leaves. Then in this case we top dress GeoFlora veg nutes. The other thing is, you don’t really need to keep measuring your water all the time unless you have some crazy spreadsheets going or something. If not, we are going to use similar but different references, like pipettes and sprays from a spray bottle. All those numbers tell you nothing really. If you follow me you won’t have to bother with weighing and wondering and all that.

Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom