Katos New Green House Grow

KatoRica

Well I've decided to build a more modern green house and it will go up in 2 weeks. We have tilled and de-weeded all of the surrounding soil and leveled it. We will builed the structure out of PVC Redwood and greenhouse plastic witha screen door fully enclosed. I will post step by step photos and give you accurate hours to build it + cost for materials. Since loosing more than half of my last 2 crops to critters I'm taking extreme caution on this grow.

We are starting with 10 x White Rino, 15 x love Cheese, 3 x Mindo Purps and
1 x Candy Kush (from seed)

We plan to put in the ground by mid Feb and going 10 weeks. I'll post more pics as we go. Here are the Kaki's I hope they grow as fast as they are suppose to. The next grow will be Himalayn Gold, LA conf and MK all from fem seeds. My friend just gave them to me.

2575.jpg

Ok had a few set backs but here we go. We first tilled and ammended the soil then we satarted with a 1 inch PVC frame and used breathable thermal plant blankets for the cover. It cost around $200 to build. Its 12 ft wide 15 ft long and 7 ft tall.

We used a gas powered augger to drill 14 2 to 3 foot deep holes and filled the bottom with a 707, guano and earthworm casting mix. I hope we didn't get everything in the ground to late but we still have a little over 8 weeks before we hit 14 hour days. Here are the step by step pictures below. I will frame in a locking screen door this week. The taller plants are around 3 to 4 ft and the smaller are 2 to 3 ft They are White Rino, Love Cheese, Soma A+ and Cady Kush. They were all pretty root bound and now have a bit of transplant shock. I fed them some carbs and some microbs and will wait till they kick in before i satrt to feed again.

1897.jpg

3528.jpg

4399.jpg

5318.jpg

6277.jpg

8199.jpg

9160.jpg

10133.jpg

11193.jpg

12161.jpg

13130.jpg

14117.jpg

You get straight to business, nice.

How much did that whole thing cost you? What is the sheeting made of? I wouldn't mind putting one of those up.

You get straight to business, nice.

How much did that whole thing cost you? What is the sheeting made of? I wouldn't mind putting one of those up.

With everything including the soil it cost under $200.00. The cover is 10x12 Thermal covers. They let light air and moisture pass thru. They may block out a little more light than I would like so this weekend I'm going to add some screen skylights. At 12' x 15' we could only fit 14 holes. For the summer grow we will only be able to have 8 plants in the ground because they will be to big. Should be able to pull 2 to 3 lbs per plant. For this grow were hoping for 4 to 8 oz per plant.

Week 3 total, week 2 of flower. These things are really starting to take off. they have grown close to 2 ft in the past three weeks. The Soma A+ rock bud are aproaching 5ft and the Love Cheese are turning into barrels with the stocks well over 1" thick and over 3ft wide. It's amazing how much faster and healthier they grow inground. The small ones are all around 3ft and are in 5 gal buckets. I can't waitfor the summer grow we will have some monsters. Here are the pics:

DSC_000511.JPG

DSC_00069.JPG

DSC_00079.JPG

DSC_00087.JPG

DSC_00098.JPG

DSC_00107.JPG

DSC_00115.JPG

Week 3 & 4 of flower. The center plants were out in buckets a week before so they are in week 4. They have crowned and are starting to fill out nicely. The main colas should finish between 2 & 3 ft long. I did no cropping and only slight bending. I have 2 Mendo Purps that were supercropped and one untouched so it will be interesting to see which one produces more. The supercropped will have 4 or 5 1 1/2 ft long colas. If I can keep the caterpillars contained it should be a decent spring harvest. our veg plants are already 3 to 4 ft and will be hard to fit them all in the greenhouse. By far inground seems the way to go. Here are some updated pics taken only 10 days after my last pics.

Week 3 & 4 a White Rino in the front & on the right.
A70.jpg

Week 3 & 4 b
B69.jpg

Soma A+ Rock Bud week 4
Soma_A_Rock_Bud.jpg

Mendo Uncropped Week 4(Note the 5 gal bucket in the background)
Mendo_Uncropped.jpg

Mendo supercropped week 3
Mendo_Super_cropped.jpg

Love Chees Week 3 (Over 3ft tall & 3ft wide) Huge fan leaves.
Love_Cheese_Week_3.jpg

This is really really really really well done.

Great plants, great setup. Great planning ahead of time to make it work! Thanks for sharing with us!

:thanks::welldone::peace:

Thanks for the replies. We should get three good crops this year out of the greenhouse. next year we'll get four. Only one less than indoor. I'm really impressed with the Soma A+ and the Love cheese. The A+ is supposed to turn red when it's ripe. We'll stick with the best yeilders for future grows. I've always toped and croped my plants. this is the first time I just let them go. I'm liking the big colas. The White rinos are a shorter cone shaped plant that may yeild as much as the bigger plants. can't wait to see how it pans out.

Week 3 + 5. We were two weeks behind and I realized some are only in week 3 of flower. They are filling out nicely. The Soma A+ #1 has a 27 inch main cola the others arent much smaller. The mendos have exploded the last week and are well over 3 ft wide. That is a yard stic in the pictures. The hairs havent started to turn yet so it may be another 4 weeks + before they are ready. here's the pics from this morning.

White_Rino_1_Week_5.jpg

White_Rino_1_Week_5_b.jpg

Week_3_5_b.jpg

Week_3_5.jpg

Soma_A_1_Week_5_Cola.jpg

Soma_A_1_Week_5.jpg

Mendo_Purps_Week_3.jpg

Mendo_Purps_2_Week_3_b.jpg

Mendo_Purps_2_Week_3.jpg

Mendo_Purps_1_Week_3.jpg

Love_Cheese_Week_5.jpg

Love_Cheese_3_Week_5_b.jpg

Love_Cheese_2_Week_5_b_.jpg

Love_Cheese_2_Week_5_.jpg

Love_Cheese_1_Week_5_.jpg

I was out for the weekend and foud a little mold on one of my White Rinos (the one in the first picture from my last post.). We had a little wet weather last week but it's been windy and dry all weekend. What should I do to prevent this. I did spray them down the evening before I left because I knew it would be a little warm and dry. My potted plants were pretty wilted. I would be pretty bummed to at the least if I lost some of my 2' + colas to mold. Any tips?

Also we are at 13.5 hour days. They don't get full sun untill around 7:30-8:00 am. Afew of the Mendo Pup plants have slowed a bit in week 4 and seem to be a bit on the airy leafy side. I this from to much or to little light? They are the last to get full sun in the morning. Am I in danger of them flipping back to veg?

As for the mold, my suggestion would be to make sure their is plenty of air moving in there. If there is a lack of air flow, the result will be mold. Cause the moisture basiclly sits in on the flower surface, therefore allowing the buds to absorb all the moisture.as for the airy buds. Lack of light is more then likely the culprit. How's the p-k in the soil? Are you using anything to help encourage swelling? It could be that time to add some lil boosters to them girls. But that's a personal preference. :goodluck:

Looks like you already are. You don't want to over due it on the p-k. Keep in mind the last 2 weeks those girls are going to pack on the weight. So hopefully that "airy" plant will fill out. How's the plants performence outside of the airiness? Is it performing well outside of that?

Back
Top Bottom