KelticBlue's 2017: Soil, Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan

Re: KelticBlue's 2017 - Soil - Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunn

I feel the same way about my cats supply. i 'gots' to control what he gets. you dont mess with the kids meds... so not on.

my missus could get the $20 a gram from the med dispensary if needed and we still have the other supply from times long since past.((((20$ a gram geeZoo,? where did my nickle bag go?))))

So,......if I can convince Mrs.kB to let my move the grow out from behind the couch and into a bigger tent, .... Sue if remember your recent picture mixing up the DBHB soil? that is my visualization-self. But for now short stout trained plants in coots mineralized soil.
:cheer:

as an aside, the other potential person, my inlaw, has polyneuropathy and neuropathic pain for over 25 years. however... first that is my guess at her condition because her condition is not talked about, just exists and is accepted that way. Next I am way over my head just thinking about it, serious bizness. but i am happy to help if i can.

So legalization hasn't resulted in decreased price yet? Big surprise, huh? :laughtwo: Dr Ziggy and I are gonna put our heads together and talk about smaller pots. KR and I are looking at a SOG with one gallon pots, possibly on a low SWICK, an option not really available to the vertically-challenged grow space without some serious LST control.

KR discovered the oils from the budscicles were superior to the oils from bigger plants. It's trickier to do in a smaller root space with LOS, but you could explore multiple plants in a single pot. That might be a really good idea in your case. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This in law... I have some thoughts. I'll PM you.

:cheer: Hello! I am Getting the sprouts going in the right direction I hope.

:welcome::thanks:

They were so beautifully documented, and presented with such unbrididled enthusiasm that I jumped with joy right along with you. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

You take the most beautiful pictures. Find the one, or ones in that delightful gallery of newborns that feels the best to you and enter it into the contest.

I thought you too might want to know I am back at it. Thanks for visiting:cheer:

I have work this weekend, Then I am driving Mrs and the cats 'up north; for a couple of months and our quick trip to costa rica is soon.
....I have to set up my blu mats and make sure they are going to work. I find about a week to ten days of testing the are working then the are great for a week or 2 away for my size pot.

Soil in the seedling post is on the dry gonna water tomorrow and do a top dress of ewc on the PCK.

Safe travels keltic. :hug: Ahh.... The call of the tropics. I'll plan to make this a regular occurance. I'm certain I'll enjoy the experience. :laughtwo:

Re: KelticBlue's 2017 - Soil - Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunn

I feel the same way about my cats supply. i 'gots' to control what he gets. you dont mess with the kids meds... so not on.

my missus could get the $20 a gram from the med dispensary if needed and we still have the other supply from times long since past.((((20$ a gram geeZoo,? where did my nickle bag go?))))

So,......if I can convince Mrs.kB to let my move the grow out from behind the couch and into a bigger tent, .... Sue if remember your recent picture mixing up the DBHB soil? that is my visualization-self. But for now short stout trained plants in coots mineralized soil.
:cheer:

as an aside, the other potential person, my inlaw, has polyneuropathy and neuropathic pain for over 25 years. however... first that is my guess at her condition because her condition is not talked about, just exists and is accepted that way. Next I am way over my head just thinking about it, serious bizness. but i am happy to help if i can.

Sub'd up to watch your grow. I started Ace Lily and Ace Mix (free) on winter solstice, so I thought I might watch here :)

I smiled big time when I read about CBD for your cat. Our current cat is a young boy with a lot of cattitude.

I grow for my wife's Fibromyalgia, Endocannabinoid System support, and entertainment.

Way back when when I had much money, I found the best way to be generous is in small amounts out of the bounty you already have in storage. As your bounty grows, what is small to you becomes larger to others. The big, grand gifts impress noone except your ego. It can breed resentment when they don't seem appreciated. My rule nowdays is: Share out of bounty. Ignore the gift once given.

I wouldn't miss this for the world :hug:
Safe trip and happy return :hug:

Sub'd up to watch your grow. I'm started Ace Lily and Ace Mix (free) on winter solstice, so I thought I might watch here :)

I smiled big time when I read about CBD for your cat. Our current cat is a young boy with a lot of cattitude.

I grow for my wife's Fibromyalgia, Endocannabinoid System support, and entertainment.

Way back when when I had much money, I found the best way to be generous is in small amounts out of the bounty you already have in storage. As your bounty grows, what is small to you becomes larger to others. The big, grand gifts impress noone except your ego. It can breed resentment when they don't seem appreciated.
My rule nowdays is: Share out of bounty. Ignore the gift once given.

:welcome: Rad! Always good to see your smile.

I grew an Ace mix reg last year, It was an Orient express, pretty sure I stressed it into being male. A string of stress in the garden just as it sprouted. But it is what gave me pollen to make all my seed stock. It was very China Yunnan pheno heavy orient express male. If I could I would grow every ACE strain, and do it in DBHB, for now I am hoping for a PCK pheno with this Hybrid.

I got the idea for the CBD for the cat from here at 420mag, maybe at little searching, and canna companion. I have only tried my coconut infused oil, so far so good. He means everything to me.

My rule nowdays is: Share out of bounty. Ignore the gift once given.
That is some good she-height right there, pearls is what that is, means a lot thanks.
:thanks:

So legalization hasn't resulted in decreased price yet?
Big surprise, huh? :laughtwo: Dr Ziggy and I are gonna put our heads together and talk about smaller pots. KR and I are looking at a SOG with one gallon pots, possibly on a low SWICK, an option not really available to the vertically-challenged grow space without some serious LST control.

KR discovered the oils from the budscicles were superior to the oils from bigger plants. It's trickier to do in a smaller root space with LOS, but you could explore multiple plants in a single pot. That might be a really good idea in your case. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This in law... I have some thoughts. I'll PM you.

They were so beautifully documented, and presented with such unbrididled enthusiasm that I jumped with joy right along with you. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

You take the most beautiful pictures. Find the one, or ones in that delightful gallery of newborns that feels the best to you and enter it into the contest.

Safe travels keltic. :hug: Ahh.... The call of the tropics. I'll plan to make this a regular occurance. I'm certain I'll enjoy the experience. :laughtwo:

So many thoughts and me with such a cloudy mind :laughtwo:. No seriously, thank you Sue.

So legalization hasn't resulted in decreased price yet?
While Recreational is legal, Medical is all that is purchase-able here. So for research purposes, I just checked the Med. menu, Sour diesel, the great sativa, 20 a gram, 210 a half, 60 an eighth. My memory tells me on the street regular hooch was 10$ a gram and 25$ an 1/8z.? well i could be wrong, again. GeeZoo.... ; - )

Dr Ziggy and I are gonna put our heads together and talk about smaller pots. KR and I are looking at a SOG with one gallon pots

I keep on going toward this result, SOG. My cloth pot after amending and following this grow should be close to full of 7 gallons, I am thinkin' 3 plants, maybe start the experiment with 2. I get good light with the cree COBs pretty confident I can do 2 in 7 gal. If one looks closely in my pictures you might see an old almond milk container waiting for a seed. Gonna try one of my own seeds in it.
seen here being prepared...
CIMG17401.jpg

you could explore multiple plants in a single pot. That might be a really good idea in your case. :cheesygrinsmiley:
your thoughts and my sentiment are one and the same.

I still yearn to take a long tall sally-Sativa till the end.

enter it into the contest
Okay, brutal honesty, I feel strange about the contests. I dont want to win but I want to support the mag. And I want to encourage participation. I guess I am shy, well I am to be true.
I will see what February brings. For example I dont see enough male plants in the contests or sprout babies, ya know the general other pictures, other than buds and budding.
I digress.....

:thanks:

I Took some more Piccys of this baby, Good grief I love this hobby : - )

I like the way these 2 turned out.
I wasn't trying to get water on the leaf so that is what happened.

CIMG1847.jpg
pretty super excited today
CIMG1842.jpg

Just a quick one for now got lots going on I hit the road later today. The plant got top dressed and watered in. And the blu mat got replenished. I have piccys and will document it when I get my thoughts back together.

Very very interested in this strain. Subbed ! :nomo:

:welcome: it is a good strain for mellow-ness. I did a smoke report the first time i grew it. it is not super strong and smells good. It is about exactly as described by ACE seeds.

you might have trouble finding this hybrid cross right now it was a limited edition.

:thanks: for posting

Found my smoke report......

Smoke report.

It seems to be a fast hitter, not a creeper. It takes you straight to stoned. I would say about 3 to 5 hits and you are good. It isn't overpowering not a one hit weed, but hits straightaway. Definite munchies and dry mouth. A bit sleepy for the first hour.

After about the first hour the stoned fades into a nice introspective mellow buzz. Mind and body awake for about the next 2-3 hours at least.
It still smells a bit like hay and green groceries with a bit of sweet.
Taste is a bit spicy. It is like that spice in a holiday pie the you just cannot place.

A description of the smoke test: 5 vapor hits from a original Pax vape fully packed.
with a low tolerance non regular smoker. your results may vary.

Try to figure out where I left off:hmmmm:

Here is an over view About 8 days old.
CIMG1829.jpg

Now on to the top dressing i did.
It is a mix of the equal re-amendment from BAS and worm castings I put a spoon full of alfalfa meal because it was on hand. It filled up about 3/4 of a 16 oz solo cup
lets see.
CIMG18331.jpg
Here is the plant before the top dressing. My trusty measuring stick and the blu mat submerged just to the left behind the plant. Good growth second and third true leaves starting to burst up.
CIMG1832.jpg
I am not trying to bury the stem at all. I am trying to build up the area around the plant in a circle.

CIMG18341.jpg

Here is another perspective with a little depression around the stem. I want to water away from the center so the roots go out looking for water,
CIMG1836.jpg

lets see
My water style, :hmmmm:
I drill 3 holes in a water bottle cap, maybe cut a slit in the middle of same cap. I want the water to dribble out slowly, like a tiny watering can flow. Here is a look at the bottle cap.
CIMG18371.jpg

here is my best try at a look in action.
I am trying not to get water too close to the plant and certainly not on the leaves...:laughtwo::scratchinghead::confused:
Here is....holding camera with the one hand and water with the other.
Right so the three stream flow top in action here...........
CIMG1840.jpg

before watering
CIMG18301.jpg

And after my watering, yikes!
CIMG1844.jpg
I do love the way you can see the 4 COBs glowing in the water drop. but i dont want the leaves wet right now.

CIMG1843.jpg

I think next up is a quick look at my Blu mat set up. Nuthing fancy here and sometimes it doesnt work that well, user error with that. My suggestion is give it a week to make sure it will work before leaving it and/or relying on it. Air bubble can build up in the system and prevent water flow. I try to make sure I have good water flow then turn the dial down until i get just a drop from the tube then just a hair more closed. I set it up when the soil is moist around it so I want it to flow when the soil dries out, so when it is moist there should be no flow, if that makes sense, i dunno..

My blu-mat off to the side here from above. this is before I top dredded and before watered. also, my good luck sea shells and local rock I rest the blu mat drip tube on.
So for example, on top of the blu mat is the brown knob with the plus sign and arrow visible here?
If i had just a small drip going, i would turn it clock wise just so the 'next triangle' on the bottom of brown knob was over the tube. the 'next triangle' is aligned with the plus sign on the top of the knob. just a slight turn and wait to see if the flow stops. And continue until i get the drip to stop. It doesnt have to stop completely mind but stop flowing drips. it is not easy to dial in especially the way I do it with a small container that dries out and I can get air bubbles in the system.
CIMG1831.jpg
OK here is my small reservoir. A one liter plastic bottle hung up side down. I do straight RO water to prevent mineral build ups in the system. It is really just an emergency source of hydration for the container in case I get held away from home longer than expected. It is light proof on the one side as well
CIMG1849.jpg

This is flow coming out of the tube. I would turn this toward less flow as I set this up.
I like having the peace of mind, in theory anyway. The month of december it didnt work and I lost the plant. But i had not set it up the way I should. I failed to 'prime' the system and purge any air bubbles.
CIMG1851.jpg
So when the soil dries out the ceramic spike under the soil dries out and allows water to flow down and out the tube. There is a diaphragm in the blu mat that the water flows past which is what gets tightened or loosened with the brown knob on top. Clear as mud? yeah me too.

GrateNight All!

Well i guess the closest i will get to this strain is watching this journal...for now.:thumb:

About your watering style.

If you have the BlueMat on all the time, it will keep an even moisture in the soil. This is a good idea once you have established roots throughout most of the pot.

When you have a plant this small, you still want your roots to grow and fill the pot. so you need to make them work to find water.

A seedling in a solo cup might need water once every 3-5 days,
in a 1 gallon container, once every 7-12 days, and
in a 7 gallon pot, once every 20-40 days.

Starting in a pot this large, it makes sense for you to focus on watering techniques like you do. It's tough to build good roots in a large pot. I've rooted clones directly into 7 and 10 gallon GeoPots only a few times. The girls grew OK, but they never really 'took off' after they hit the flower room. (There were also other environmental problems :) )

Unless you are gone much over 2 weeks at a time, at this stage of growth, it works better to water fully before you leave and then let the soil dry while you are gone.

I'm sure you will LOVE your BlueMat once you reach a flowering age. Then the system will really shine !

p.s. I know you aren't a newbie so sorry if my ideas seem offensive. Feel free to ignore them :)

p.s. I know you aren't a newbie so sorry if my ideas seem offensive. Feel free to ignore them :)

Oh no no. You provide me with honesty, clear, and easy to follow directions. Plus I think you might be the most fun poster we have!
Good advise with Fun and Humor i never ignore, :cool:.

my blu mat use is hit and miss at best. the bluMat was completely empty/dry before I started it this week. When I get the blu mat to work it gives me a safety net more than anything, that one liter of water when I need it. When work or weather keeps me from getting home as scheduled.

In this pot, my soil dried completely over the last 2 weeks of december and the blu mat had vapor lock so it was still full of water when I got home to a dead plant, everything dead and dry. But that was just a experiment and not a problem. The outside of the cloth pots seem to dry so quickly.

This next plant is important.
This was the first top watering I think i did since I dropped the seed in the soil and watered it in.
On the 15th it sprouted on the 20th. I gave it's bottom one liter on the 21st. So the top and sides were dried out. The low humidity has me worried the soil is drying out to quickly. Yes indeed, Water Style techniques. I think I can do the leave it alone much better. Well If I am home I can leave them alone for at least 3 days straight, but that fourth day I just have to feckin love em a little, cause they are yummy.

My typical schedule has me gone 4 days/three nights.
I have worries about this particular week because I am only passing through home tuesday night/wednesday morning, flying south wednesday, driving thur and fri back north with wifey and cats. I get saturday to garden, sunday morning back to work I think I go to kentucky.

So that saturday that I get to visit with the plants seems far away. I guess it is just a feckin week really But yeah I sometimes overthink it but, like my dad used to say "I am my own worst critic"

And oh yes I should go back the the solo cup starter. I dont know what happened there just lazy maybe. I think I am going to try to start a seed in a solo cup with a rockwool cube within the next couple of weeks. Then transplant it into my old milk container experiment. Sometime I got to focus better.

Thanks bunches Rad! :thanks:

Well I'm sure glad you aren't mad at me.

I do 1 gallon plastic and 7 gallon fabric.

It is easy to bottom water with 1 gallon . I fill a bucket about 2/3 of the way up the side of the pot then let the plant float, sink in, and then after 2-7 minutes (depending on the soil) the top surface is moist when you scratch it. Then I hold the plant dripping above the bucket - turning so different edges point down - until the dripping slows down. A technique I learned from Doc Bud :)

Deep bucket bottom watering works terrific for small pots, but it really doesn't wotk with the 7-10 gallon pots. I have placed a dripping 7 gallon pot on a stand to drip dry, but as soon as I pick it up more water drips on my pants, the floor, etc. It seems there is somewhere between 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon of water left to drip out. Plus it takes a lot of water and nutrients in a tote to dunk a 7 gallon fabric pot.

Doc Bud says he does 50/50 watering of his larger plants. Watering both from a tray and above. He leaves the pot permanently on a tray. I haven't tried that yet.

What I have done is what SweetSue calls a SWICK - a thick layer of pumice (available on west coast) or perlite (everywhere) filled with water to about 1 inch below the bottom of the pot. The water 'wicks' up the perlite and into the bottom of the pot. The air gap keeps the roots from growing out the bottom of the pot. Having the water below the surface of the perlite keeps light from growing algae.

If you have a lot of pumice/perlite in your soil (35-40%) you can water from the bottom only, but usually it is a combination of top watering plus the SWICK. Add nutrients from the top only. Try not to let nutrients flow out the bottomof the pots into the SWICK. This works best with with foliar feeding and soils with living microbes. If you use standard bottled nutes that require 'flushing' the soil, any bottom watering technique (except hydro) will cause toxic salts to build up in the soil.

Personally, I have settled on deep bucket watering for pots under 2 gallons and SWICK plus top watering for larger pots. Until flowering, I let the SWICK dry out. In flower I keep the water level constantly 1-2" below the surface and supplement with top watering. I have a 4 cu ft bag of perlite arriving in the mail from a*ma*zon that cost about $40. This SWICK will be for flower only. SweetSue has a thread she started on SWICK.

There is another thread out there, that I respect, about top wateringing inward SLOWLY with rings around the edge moving inwardsand WAITING in between rings. This doesn't appeal to me. I prefer to drop the girls in a bucket, or tote, play a game of solitaire, pull them out of the bucket to drip, and set them back under the lights with a 1/4 turn.

There you go! Between the two posts, that is probably my total philosophy and knowledge on watering :)

:welcome: it is a good strain for mellow-ness. I did a smoke report the first time i grew it. it is not super strong and smells good. It is about exactly as described by ACE seeds.

you might have trouble finding this hybrid cross right now it was a limited edition.

:thanks: for posting
They still have it in Stock on Ace's site.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

There you go! Between the two posts, that is probably my total philosophy and knowledge on watering :)

That is excellent, thanks. I really dont like perlite, the dust freaks me out. I like pumice a bit better. I tried a swick for a short time never took to it. Probably cause I couldn't stand the perlite, messy stuff cause I am a messy marvin.
I hesitate to do a full drench dunk of a 7 gallon so heavy. When I do a big water, I drain it over its pan on two rollers. I have to do a picture of it next time. I kind of soak the bottom 2-3 inches then put it up on the rollers so it can drain while I top water. I have wrapped the side to prevent drying out of the edge soil, maybe Not tightly or completely, I use old plastic bags on and off, when humidity drops they go on.
More of an after thought with the wrapping of the pot when it gets dry.

I get to check on the baby wednesday morn she how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom