KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower Day 60

I inspected the trichomes on all of the plants today

AK47x Alaskan Thunder =cloudy
AK48 #3's =cloudy
Hindu Kush #2 =cloudy with 2 amber trichomes
Hindu Kush #3 =cloudy

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

It took me damn near forever to read this entire thread to this point and I'm in awe!!! Those plants are HUGE!!!! If I get another LED panel, I think I know which one it's going to be!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read through my Grow Journal and Review, I hope you have found it interesting!

Amazing grow. Those lights do look very nice, the LEDs look alot bigger aswell, is this the reflector or the light itself?

John you gave me some advice a few days back in regards to using these nutrients, I am curious.. do I up the nutrient level by 1ML for every feeding and feed once every other watering?

Many thanks, and again thats an impressive room you have there, I would love to smoke some of your stuff =)

I sure did!!! I've been on the fence about using HID lighting and LEDs since the newer LEDs that are out seem to be producing some great results!! I'm a firm believer in using the tried-and-true methods, and even though HID lighting can be vented out easier, the LEDs still produce a bit less heat overall and use less power.. I think once they get the spectrum right, (which it seems like they're pretty damn close), LEDs WILL be the way to grow!! I want to pick up a 250w HID set-up and another tent and do a side-by-side for my own purposes, but I need more space!! lol In fact, that space you have is awesome!!!!! Lots and lots of room to move around and grow big-ass plants!!

Thank you kindly! It was a long project to finally construct Gro Bay #1 and #2 and Labexperiment greatly assisted with the construction and fitting of the equipment.

@labexperiment

Amazing grow. Those lights do look very nice, the LEDs look alot bigger aswell, is this the reflector or the light itself?

John you gave me some advice a few days back in regards to using these nutrients, I am curious.. do I up the nutrient level by 1ML for every feeding and feed once every other watering?

Many thanks, and again thats an impressive room you have there, I would love to smoke some of your stuff =)

The LED's and lenses are the exact same size and wattage in the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x as the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x.

I use nutrients every time i water unless I am flushing, I would attempt to raise the nutrient strength by 1 millilitre per gallon after every 2 feedings until you are using full strength nutrients.

Thank you kindly!

Ok, so I will feed 2ml of grow 2ml of bloom and 4 mill of micro twice, then raise it to 3,3,5 and finish with full strength being at 5,5,7 ml per gallon?

Are the LEDs bigger then say...TopLed, Mars II range?

For flowering under LED light panels I would try to give your plants up to 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of calcium and magnesium as the full strength dose.

I do not have the other brand to compare the actual size of the LED's and lenses. The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x use 3 watt LED's.

Are the LEDs bigger then say...TopLed, Mars II range?

What are you asking here, what do you mean by 'bigger', just plain physical size? Wattage? Of course that going to depend on panel model.

If you mean actual size of the diodes, they are same size but different wattage, the lenses are the little circles.

KJC, do you think that this late in flower adding veg lights will make any difference? I assume the thinking is add more blue light to decrease stretching.

Honestly I would think not be cost effective unless no limit on growing funds.

KJC, do you think that this late in flower adding veg lights will make any difference? I assume the thinking is add more blue light to decrease stretching.

Honestly I would think not be cost effective unless no limit on growing funds.

The Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x and the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x have the same full spectrum lighting.

Love the new set up. Doing big things King. You deserve everything that's happening. Your set ups are always clean and your grows are amongst some of the best here. The way you handle tough questions without getting discouraged, how descriptive you are, and your over all professionalism are the reasons why I continue to be an innocent by-stander letting your threads speak and glow as model journals for :420:

All hail the King, Judge John...

Love the new set up. Doing big things King. You deserve everything that's happening. Your set ups are always clean and your grows are amongst some of the best here. The way you handle tough questions without getting discouraged, how descriptive you are, and your over all professionalism is the reason why I continue to be an innocent by-stander letting your threads glow as model journals for :420:

All hail the King, Judge John...

I concur! It's not like you don't give back on a daily basis, John. You've worked for everything you get and more. Anybody here can clearly see how dedicated you are by your impeccable record keeping and reporting. I wish I had that kind of organization skills.

The Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x and the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x have the same full spectrum lighting.

O my bad I confused the Luminator with the Herbalvador, what a 'funky' name.

But now i am confused on the thinking as to why this help with 'taller' plant? Is the Dominator not enough light for even just these 4 plants? You are basically adding more light using 3 of them (90 diodes each) then you had with one dominator(200 diodes)

I got another question for Sam....

I am assuming the answer to my question about actual data comparing your panel directly with others is a no then?

Do you all do any quality checks/repackaging on the lights Stateside after receiving them from the factory in China? Or if we buy one from you are we getting it basically directly from Chinese plant?

Edit: I just saw on one of pictures KJC linked that looked like Lush generated graphic said 'built to last 10 years' Can you please expand on this considering the expected burn time for high power LEDS is 40,000 hrs to reach 80% of lumen output. Is that assuming only running 12/12 for the whole 10 years? even then it is over 40,000 hours?

The Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x has 90x 3 watt LED's and actual power draw is 180 watts

Width 8 ½"
Length 15 ¾"
Height 2 ½"

Weight 7.2 lbs

Covers up to a 3'x3' area
Concentrated over a 2'x2' area

Distance Lumens Par µmole
12" 85,000 1,500
18" 55,000 1,000
24" 39,000 700
30" 28,000 500

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_011.JPG

The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x has 200x 3 watt LED's and actual power draw is 435 watts

Width 8 ½"
Length 35"
Height 3 ½"

Weight 19.6 lbs

Covers up to a 4'x4' area
Concentrated over a 3'x3' area

Distance Lumens Par µmole
12" 100,000 1,800
18" 70,000 1,300
24" 52,000 900
30" 40,000 700

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_Lush_LIghting_LED_Dominator_2X.png

Yea Like I said you have more then doubled your light output. what is your grow space foot print?, was the 1 X Dominator just not enough light? I can not think of why adding more full spectrum would help unless this was the case.

Sorry if I am too 'questioning' I just do not see the logic. What am I missing?

My Grow Bay #1 is 6'6" L x 6'4" W x 6' H and the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x Covers up to a 4'x4' area and Concentrated over a 3'x3' area.

Back
Top Bottom