Klozit's AMS free seed grow (first grow)

not sure why it is twisting- but it certainly is dirty! i recommend a spray bottle- mist that chick down, get the dirt off. are you giving nutes? if so, that may be the problem. seedlings and the soil should have enough nutes to go for a bit.

Damn dude, I don't know what to tell you... what does the new growth look like? How long are you letting it sit in the sun? It could be a genetic or environmental defect. Looks like we will have to try and take this one day by day.Keep us posted and hopefully we can come up with something..

they are dirty because i had just added soil to the base to keep the stem from going crazy, but i will clean them off when the lights turn on in 2 hours.

i am running seriously 5 crumbs of 12-26-6 fertilizer. dont think that it is.

the sun burnt one isnt coming back. 3 hours isnt all that long, but long enough to kill a baby. the other plant that isnt having the problem was not in the sun at all. i have narrowed my past problems to the sun. i will start outdoor plants with the sun so there are no issues when the last frost comes and i can plant them. this grow is just to get my feet wet for summer :grinjoint:

the new growth on my only hope for herb is green and growing fast. when the lights turn on i will get another pic, the third node is coming in, hopefully they come in like the second node (fast and perfect) :cheesygrinsmiley:

day 19 update

so she is looking good :trance:
her 3rd set of leaves are coming in. i think there maybe a slight pH problem because some of the new growth is slightly purple, but it looks to be going away. i am surprised how much growth rates increased when the 2nd node came in.

here are some pics. what should i do about the first set of leaves that are burning?
0409092311.jpg

close up
0409092309.jpg

they are moving along much faster with 2 cfls and with fresh leaves. i think the burn is enough to stress the plant and slowdown the growth. when should i transplant?

hey klozit, good luck on your grow!!! i'm no expert i'm on my first grow as well, but i transplanted mygirls at 7 days, they had very good root structure being so young and took to their FF home very nicley (they started life in MG) so i'm pretty sure you can transplant at anytime you like

Also, do you have a fan in there?

ok, thanks.

i need to find something to transplant into.. probably a cut in half gallon milk jug for now. i think i may be stuck using MG organic soil. or i could use the rest of my organic seed starting soil. which would be better?

i have a fan it there since about day 4. when i have the 17 bucks i am going to get a computer fan for exhaust that would help alot with temperatures, will be quiter, and i will have more room to more lights.

ok, thanks.

i need to find something to transplant into.. probably a cut in half gallon milk jug for now. i think i may be stuck using MG organic soil. or i could use the rest of my organic seed starting soil. which would be better?

i have a fan it there since about day 4. when i have the 17 bucks i am going to get a computer fan for exhaust that would help alot with temperatures, will be quiter, and i will have more room to more lights.

that'll work, just be sure to wash it thoroughly first, always keep that mind with your girls, cleanliness is key. You really should try and get some FF ocean Forrest, it's really light and lets the roots develop plus, you can be in control of your feeding and nutrient schedule, i've hear MG has time released ferts which can easily lead to nute-burn.. good luck to ya
and oh yea you can get two little 6 inch fans that are very quiet for 14 bucks combined at target, look at my set up, u'll notice the fans i'm talking about.

If that is all you can get then No worries... Just water it with water and don't add nutes unless it asks for it or just go light with the nutes. Just watch the plant, she will tell you if she needs food. I have a friend growing two clones that I gave him and they are in MG and look great... I mean really guys, you gonna let some MG kick your asses??? :hmmmm:

If that is all you can get then No worries... Just water it with water and don't add nutes unless it asks for it or just go light with the nutes. Just watch the plant, she will tell you if she needs food. I have a friend growing two clones that I gave him and they are in MG and look great... I mean really guys, you gonna let some MG kick your asses??? :hmmmm:

I don't know Irie, i'm a lil nervous with the MG, i'm still a rookie though so that's probably why,The first batch I attempted nute burned, I just like how the FF Ocean Forrest is kinda dummy proof!

nearest fox farm dealer is 2 hours away.

did a little research, and... "organic" MG is for outdoor gardens... idk why but it says not to use it for potted plants. i am just going to use the soil that i bought in the first place. there is less of a chance for there to be bugs in it, it came sealed and stored indoors.

is this usual for a 20 day old plant to have this little thingers?
0410092351.jpg

im amazed by how fast it grows... it grows like a weed :yummy:
it is staying bushy, and im thankful. transplant on tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom