LaidBackLeo87 - Soil - LED & CFL - Bagseed - First Grow

Re: LaidBackLeo87 - Soil - LED & CFL - Bagseed - First Grow

So earlier i took some pictures too give an idea of what i was saying about the leaves being taco'ed, i quickly realized i was probably just being paranoid because most of my new growth that isn't fully developed looks like this.
420-magazine-mobile845195333.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's just because it's not fully grown, and because I'm a bit bored and looking for problems lol.
Here's a couple more pics of a little stretch on Gloria
420-magazine-mobile1064062194.jpg

She was so squat and had tight nodes, now she's starting to get a little taller with each passing day And spreading out a little more, which honestly I'm happy about, she's letting more light get to lower areas.
Looking real fine there bro! She's showing her appreciation for all the attention you are giving her :goodjob:

Im always using the mobile app so i don't see signatures ( I'm assuming you have one up) I'll hop on my laptop and sub, i wouldn't miss it for anything!
Ah. Ok, I thought I was gonna hafta send vesp out bounty hunting for ya lol. :thumb:

Speaking of group. Ive got a contest in mind for "us." But... i gotta get seeds first. Details coming soon.
You are such a tease! (that was my girls saying that) :)

I discovered a small white creepy crawly traveling down the main stem of Cara which means Gloria also has pests, I'm thinking spider mites from what I've been reading, anyone know what those little yellow pest strips are called? Growers put them into their soil and it has an adhesive that the bugs stick to? I also have some spray but bought it before i really started reading about growing, i didn't notice till afterwards it is made by miracle grow, which automatically makes me nervous.

I discovered a small white creepy crawly traveling down the main stem of Cara which means Gloria also has pests, I'm thinking spider mites from what I've been reading, anyone know what those little yellow pest strips are called? Growers put them into their soil and it has an adhesive that the bugs stick to? I also have some spray but bought it before i really started reading about growing, i didn't notice till afterwards it is made by miracle grow, which automatically makes me nervous.

That really sucks, Leo, but there are a few here that know how to successfully deal with them pesky critters. Pesticides scare me.

That really sucks, Leo, but there are a few here that know how to successfully deal with them pesky critters. Pesticides scare me.

same here snarly, many years ago i had four girls growing under a 1000w hps and i got critters, so i sprayed them with some crap i found at a gardening center and it killed a couple and the ones that survived were never the same, it also left weird streaks of milky white stuff (get your minds out of the gutter) all over the fan leaves, so if at all possible id like to avoid it.

alright guys, i jumped the gun thinking that its spider mites. i took a longer look at the girls and there is no evidence of leaf damage which from what i read would be very apparent with the damage they do. so after more reading i feel like i may have cut down the possible list of invaders (although until the microscope comes in i wont be 100% sure). when i saw the little white critter it was traveling down the main stem of the plant and disappeared into the soil which makes me think it may be what is widely known as a soil mite, apparently from what ive read these do not harm the plants at all and are actually a sign of good healthy soil, there were even a couple reports of them already being in peoples soil they purchased and doing no damage at all to the plant. im not gonna get my hopes up but ill watch the situation closely.

Edit: i forgot to add i also found a similar looking insect crawling down the stem of one of my clones three or four days ago, they are hard to see with the naked eye but i watched it scurry down the stem into the soil. i wanted to add that because this clone is in a separate room from my girls in flowering, which leads me to believe the soil may be the common factor with these things.

it also left weird streaks of milky white stuff (get your minds out of the gutter) all over the fan leaves, so if at all possible id like to avoid it.
Leo, if my mind was in the gutter, I woulda nailed you over on vesps journal for your remarks on sexing and getting lucky. But I even restrained myself there! :thedoubletake:

alright guys, i jumped the gun thinking that its spider mites. i took a longer look at the girls and there is no evidence of leaf damage which from what i read would be very apparent with the damage they do. so after more reading i feel like i may have cut down the possible list of invaders (although until the microscope comes in i wont be 100% sure). when i saw the little white critter it was traveling down the main stem of the plant and disappeared into the soil which makes me think it may be what is widely known as a soil mite, apparently from what ive read these do not harm the plants at all and are actually a sign of good healthy soil, there were even a couple reports of them already being in peoples soil they purchased and doing no damage at all to the plant. im not gonna get my hopes up but ill watch the situation closely.

Edit: i forgot to add i also found a similar looking insect crawling down the stem of one of my clones three or four days ago, they are hard to see with the naked eye but i watched it scurry down the stem into the soil. i wanted to add that because this clone is in a separate room from my girls in flowering, which leads me to believe the soil may be the common factor with these things.
I know it's payback, and I accept that, but damn, you made my heart skip a beat that time! I believe you are using Pro-Mix HP, right? And that's what I am using, as a matter of fact just got home carrying a bag of it 10 minutes ago. I'll trust for now that it is nothing to worry about, but let me know what you find out, k? :thumb:

I know it's payback, and I accept that, but damn, you made my heart skip a beat that time! I believe you are using Pro-Mix HP, right? And that's what I am using, as a matter of fact just got home carrying a bag of it 10 minutes ago. I'll trust for now that it is nothing to worry about, but let me know what you find out, k? :thumb:
I'm using fox farm ocean forest which is why i believe they came with the soil, sitting in a warehouse with pallets of other bags of dirt. But once i know for sure I'll definitely update, the microscope comes Wednesday. I'm holding out hope it's those soil mites because i haven't seen any leaf damage.

Back
Top Bottom