LaidBackLeo87 - Soil - LED & CFL - Bagseed - First Grow

I might try my hand at a scrog next grow, i read about it pretty late into my grow and didn't wanna mess with tyre girls to much but i like the results i see of it on here.

That is exactly what I'm doing with Jane. I really like the way it's going, prolly gonna do all my grows this way from now on. Although I'm prolly gonna experiment with different container sizes, and a couple of other elements as well.

That is exactly what I'm doing with Jane. I really like the way it's going, prolly gonna do all my grows this way from now on. Although I'm prolly gonna experiment with different container sizes, and a couple of other elements as well.
Looking forward to seeing her grow, did you use bungee cords for your scrog? i may not be able to comment as much but I'll be lurking around for sure. Happy growing!

Glad you're back to building, you did say construction right? I used military grade paracord for the scrog. If the plants have any issues I want them to be able to save themselves. I figure they've already got food, water, shelter, and now some cordage!

Glad you're back to building, you did say construction right? I used military grade paracord for the scrog. If the plants have any issues I want them to be able to save themselves. I figure they've already got food, water, shelter, and now some cordage!
Yeah I'm a bridge sand-blaster/painter. And thanks it's nice to be working again. I think i may try to copy your scrog cause the netting is such a pain in the ass to try and work with, getting all tangled up and what not.

Yeah I'm a bridge sand-blaster/painter. And thanks it's nice to be working again. I think i may try to copy your scrog cause the netting is such a pain in the ass to try and work with, getting all tangled up and what not.

It was a bit of a PIA to build my own the way I did, but not too intensive. Just put on the TV or some music and go to it. That being said, if I were gonna do another I'd build my frame from PVC pipe, then just use tape or zip ties to attach the net in place. Of course if you're a real DIY guy then you can prolly come up with something super cool. Have you seen Nismo's scrog? I copied his idea but left out the screws, or at least what I think was screws. I used PVC frame, Paracord, and zipties. Then for the hanging the scrog I used the ratchet pulleys and open looped zipties at each corner.

It was a bit of a PIA to build my own the way I did, but not too intensive. Just put on the TV or some music and go to it. That being said, if I were gonna do another I'd build my frame from PVC pipe, then just use tape or zip ties to attach the net in place. Of course if you're a real DIY guy then you can prolly come up with something super cool. Have you seen Nismo's scrog? I copied his idea but left out the screws, or at least what I think was screws. I used PVC frame, Paracord, and zipties. Then for the hanging the scrog I used the ratchet pulleys and open looped zipties at each corner.
I haven't checked his journals out yet, I'll have to go check it out, thanks for the info!

My tent is 5 feet and my plants stretched from 6"s to 16. Should i call that double or triple. Im thinking ill flip when Jane gets 1 foot. Im scroggin so that should be alotta tops. Pretty cool to be doing this after the LST. Seeing those new tops starting to fill the grid. "You go here and this one over there... Oh look at you! You got bigger last night too!!"

Man- I was gonna just LST the whole grow but now you got me itchin to put my net in after a week of flower and cut all my LST off
420-magazine-mobile1187028602.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1262012615.jpg

Now that I'm back at work it's been hard to check out everyone's journals and comment, but i just saw your yeild on those candy canes and holy shit! Great job on those kingjoe! I'll be lurking around on your new outdoor journal as well.

Ya buddy I know life happens and sadly not enough hours in day. Work work. Play hard bud. Have a great week Leo bud

I'm a bit disappointed in myself cause i played it safe with my girls, i started getting nervous about the stretch and flipped them, but i have at least an extra 1.5 ft of height in my grow cabinet, so next grow i may veg a bit longer and see what kind of monsters i grow!

I vegged my girls for 13 weeks with lots of training and defol, and I have an extra four feet of height. I have about 70 colas on three plants that aren't any taller than 18". I think there are many factors involved... strain, stress, light, root ball size and health... I got no more than six inches of stretch on any of the three strains.

The thing about scrog is that it undoes the plants natural tendencies with regard to height. And does height matter if you have a full, even canopy?

It amazes me how much there is to learn about growing a weed! Just as in life it's all about finding balance. More plants, shorter veg, requires smaller root balls, thus smaller pots. In that same space, half the plants require larger root balls, thus larger pots to support more of the same size colas filling that space.

"Seeds. Check. Dirt. Check. I think I'll grow a little weed" LMAO!!!

I vegged my girls for 13 weeks with lots of training and defol, and I have an extra four feet of height. I have about 70 colas on three plants that aren't any taller than 18". I think there are many factors involved... strain, stress, light, root ball size and health... I got no more than six inches of stretch on any of the three strains.

The thing about scrog is that it undoes the plants natural tendencies with regard to height. And does height matter if you have a full, even canopy?

It amazes me how much there is to learn about growing a weed! Just as in life it's all about finding balance. More plants, shorter veg, requires smaller root balls, thus smaller pots. In that same space, half the plants require larger root balls, thus larger pots to support more of the same size colas filling that space.

"Seeds. Check. Dirt. Check. I think I'll grow a little weed" LMAO!!!
Lol couldn't of said it better myself. With my next grow I'm looking forward to knowing the strain so i can read up a bit and find something that is optimum for my grow space, i was looking at strawberry cough which is apparently a good high yielding plant for smaller spaces, but that's still a couple weeks away.

So this is obv a total noob ? But I will admit I haven't been growing for long and I've always grown autos. I've had this photo girl (I hope it's a girl) in veg going on 35 days or so when should I change my light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 she is the plant in the front left hand side just chilling with some autos I have going
420-magazine-mobile1856788152.jpg

No not the bud lite that's mine lol to the left of that

So this is obv a total noob ? But I will admit I haven't been growing for long and I've always grown autos. I've had this photo girl (I hope it's a girl) in veg going on 35 days or so when should I change my light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 she is the plant in the front left hand side just chilling with some autos I have going
420-magazine-mobile1856788152.jpg

No not the bud lite that's mine lol to the left of that

18 inches they say before flip her

Back
Top Bottom