LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

Pretty sure they are mould/cheese mites. I havent been able to find jack on them...they say to remove the mold thats keeping them around? My decomposing matter is impossible remove though, and pretty sure I dont have bad mold anywhere.

Maybe I'll just try them and see...

Are what fungus gnats? If you mean the things I see sometimes...then no.

They're 1 of 2 different mite species I've been able to find online...I cant exactly remember the scientific names without having to look again but 1 of them is the mold/cheese mite

Ok cool just never heard of that mite before.
Ohhh, gotcha! I havent either...and cant find absolutely anything on them to speak of, not sure what to do really. Probably just keep spraying until I release predators amd see what happens...Thanks for trying to help :high-five:

Pretty sure they are mould/cheese mites. I havent been able to find jack on them...they say to remove the mold thats keeping them around? My decomposing matter is impossible remove though, and pretty sure I dont have bad mold anywhere.

Maybe I'll just try them and see...
Then spray some h202 over the affected mold area diluted of course with water

H202 kills mold but does not prevent how is silica source?

Yah - it’s a tough one. Those stroage mites and cheese mites do look a little bit like the spider mites I had here at the end of my last season. But I dont know if the predators will get any other mite. I do remember reading something about that predator - prey relationship being fairly specific. But I’m sure you’ve read it all much more recently than I!

If they’re in the soil then anything that might kill them like alcohol or H202 will kill your soil biota too. You can rebuild that but it’s not something you want to be doing during a grow.

If they’re chees mites and in the soil, then they will be eating your root hyphae (which you’ve likely learned already) so i’d also recommend adding a bit of mycorrhizae to your waterings to help keep up the root inoculate.

I’ll pipe up again if I remember anything or come accross anything new that might help. It’s a head scratcher that’s for sure! :hmmmm:

Yah - it’s a tough one. Those stroage mites and cheese mites do look a little bit like the spider mites I had here at the end of my last season. But I dont know if the predators will get any other mite. I do remember reading something about that predator - prey relationship being fairly specific. But I’m sure you’ve read it all much more recently than I!

If they’re in the soil then anything that might kill them like alcohol or H202 will kill your soil biota too. You can rebuild that but it’s not something you want to be doing during a grow.

If they’re chees mites and in the soil, then they will be eating your root hyphae (which you’ve likely learned already) so i’d also recommend adding a bit of mycorrhizae to your waterings to help keep up the root inoculate.

I’ll pipe up again if I remember anything or come accross anything new that might help. It’s a head scratcher that’s for sure! :hmmmm:
Thanks so much Amy :circle-of-love:... I fed them a good bit of mycos/microbes last night with their watering.....strawberry looks alot better today!!! Hard to say what caused the change, but she looks alot better!

To be honest, I may have been underwatering...these 10 gal smaller pots are definitely different than what im use to! But as long as she's happy.,,,im happy!

Shes the only one showing those signs, so I want to assume its the smaller pot/drying out alot faster...you made some extremely good points for sure... Thank you! :Namaste:

Veg tent(s) update..On day 62 today, pictures were taken last night! Curiosity got the better of me on the blue dream and so I decided to try and supercrop the 2 tallest shoots. They were already standing tall again just 12 hours later, just have little kinks now. Hopefully enough to slow them down a bit tho..definitely didnt want to get any rougher with em'! She will get a hefty watering this evening with some kelp "tea" and maybe a little LABs.

Strawberry glue seems to be the most troubled by the little pests, I didnt grab any pics of leaf damage....its not really even an issue, but I see a few bite marks and necrotic looking spots once in awhile.
Other than that, shes chuggin right along!

These two ladies will be put into flower real soon..sorta waiting to get the predators ordered so there's no time for an infestation to happen!

Gold Rush has became my new crush..she has grown exactly as I had hoped with the LST and minimal tie-downs!!! Think I already mentioned, but she is now back in the original veg tent to give her a bit more time to grow. Should be able to keep her canopy pretty darn even, and hopefully get 20+ tops :circle-of-love: that's the goal anyways!

Back
Top Bottom