LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

I have a Colombian Gold clone I'm growing. Several of the branches were getting too tall so I decided to gently bend them over. First one......no problem. Second one.......bent it a little and it didn't just snap, it broke right off in my hand. The others remain tall but I'm not messing with breaking off the tops of branches.
I was furious when it happened to me!

I may have done it a little late but it was fairly new growth so idk..

Yeah I’ve had soft new growth break like that too. It is risky. Not sure if my technique was just bad... but I’m not inclined to try again in a hurry! Lol!

You could try just pinching them, without the bend. Might slow them down a bit for the others to come up ...

"the order got mixed up by Lisa, gonna have to cut her off dabs on the clock"

Blame it on the dabs... sounds legit. :rofl:

How's that Strawberry plant looking. She just looked light deprived a little bit.

They get used to being blasted then when they get a time out some plants get an attitude. You did good. Give her a good training session let her know who's boss (for now).

Possible problem won't be Mg deficit in soil. I don't think that's even possible.

I've stayed away from those sites for that very reason.

I don't think its much different anywhere else. I've been fucked by the big boys and girls before. Then it becomes a barter game. Kinda BS if you ask me but what are we gonna do?

I got the wrong seeds from Strainly last time, but it actually worked out. Only paid like $30 for a 5 pack including ship from Canada so wasn't out much and the weed turned out better than the seeds I wanted. Yay me. Caveat was only 2 of the 5 seeds popped. So that ended up $15 per seed of the wrong weed. meh...

Strainly is OK, can get some extinct seeds and even direct from breeders.

funny mentioning training. I bent the top of one of my plants the other day to like 120 degrees ... I bent it in half the stem was cracked. Next day she was standing tall. Bent it again waited a day, same thing, straightened rite out, cept now there's a little kink where the bend was. Side branches started to grow out more tho.

Pretty amazing really!

The strawberry isnt praying like she should be yet...gave her a decent watering this morning. Hopefully she'll be perked up by this evening! Also think I might throw the two bigger plants into flower this weekend, definitely not huge like I like but should produce a fair amount still :thumb:

Sounds like a plan, after you flip feed them grow for a week or so to get some stretch.
I'll topdress right around then! The normal 1/4 cup of each kelp and neem...may go easy on the blue dream since its first run soil!

Veg day 59!

Strawberry is still looking sad, she was also kinda thirsty in these pictures...going to flower them out real soon. Pretty certain that will perk her back up.

Blue dream is taking up loads of space and seems to be healthy! Might just have to supercrop in a few weeks.

Gold rush will soon come out of the tent to get some more size..likely another month or so before I flower her! But she's taken to the training very well :circle-of-love:

Also, does anyone know or have an opinion on whether a spider mite predator would eat all kinds of mites? Surely they dont feed on just the two spotted spider mite...

Because I dont think thats what I've had these past few months (two spotted) and dont want to waste $80 on beneficials that arent gonna do any good!

Can you spray to knock them down?
Been doing it every 2-3 days for the last 3 or so weeks and it doesnt seem to be helping....its not an infestation whatsoever but I still see them on the undersides and at the base of leaf on the topside. I guess I could continue to spray spinosad throughout flower but honestly dont like spraying much of anything on my flowers!

Made some more gummies last night! Went with green apple this time...actually substituted most of the water with organic apple juice to experiment a bit, turned out great!! Also received 4 new trays for the smaller gummies you can see at the top...definitely gonna have to eat a handful of those :ganjamon:

I'd rather get rid of the mites now in early flower rather than deal with them later in bloom.
Thats most definitely my train of thought as well....and I was hoping to have accomplished that by now with the constant spraying, but thinking that didnt work 100%. Now im wanting to flip 2 of the girls but wasnt sure the predator mites were the correct option. I will have to seize spraying before to long!

Knock them down then release your predators and hope they keep them under control.
Am I overthinking the "spider mite" predator thing? Surely they would eat all pest mites..? I have faith in them as long as they actually consume the target pest.

The lady from planet natural wasnt sure and arbico organics are closed on weekends :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom