LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

Checking in on ya bud. How's things going??

That Gold Rush is a keeper. Looks good

Congrats on the harvests.

Your Chocolope looks GREAT. That's gonna be good for sure. Some big leaves there buddy!

BD looks about like mine did when I grew it. Lot's of foxtails. You did good waiting. I had like 6 plants and it took me a few plants to figure out the wait is worth it. Wasn't strong enough for me tho. TBH. Good yields tho. Crazy yields actually. Gave a lot of mine away as gifts to friends. Friends actually liked it a lot more than I did for some reason.

Mountain Organics = BlueJay from the No-Till world eh?

I spent a good deal of time following along and experimenting with him and Coots back in the day and my soil mix is based on all his and coots work.

I didn't realize he's breeding?? I guess on IG. Too much for me to follow over there. He prolly has some of Coots genetics - The One - is something I've always wanted to run. Not really sure why??

GL with your next round.
Doing good Bob! Thanks for the kind words! :headbanger:

Spoke to soon on the Chocolope...im pissed. I've been killing it lately and chocolope was healthy as all get out until I topdressed juat over 1/8 cup kelp and neem....evidently the sativa didnt like it. I've been beating myself up for it!!

It should get better...hopefully within the week. Pretty miserable looking to my standards. Trying to get some water through her so cranked up the heat just a tad, hope it helps a bit!

Talking about the blue Dream...very nice yield although I havent totaled it quite yet. And I agree with the potency! Just a couple days into cure so far, but didnt gwt me too high. I didnt try it in the morning with a clear head though...so not 100% taste was great though!

Yes, bluejay. Also, coots the one is that Kandahar x Afghan ! So technically these are coots genetics...sorta. Lotus is "the one" backcrossed. Which is half the gold rush genetics lol.

I also have just Lotus, which I'm crazy excited to run! Bluejay put in the work for these particular beans, but coots the man!

Never heard of The One.........wait....I think I seen something from Swami that had it listed as one of the Parents in a cross of his. But thats the only time I have heard of it. Hmmm
Swami uses it in some of his gear also! Its a gem for sure...although gold rush's dankness may have came from starfighter, hard to tell I suppose. If you follow mountain organics, his new "Eros" and "Psyche" are both Lotus...just different ends of the phenotype spectrum. Does that make sense?

Bear with me while the Chocolope recovers a bit...no pictures yet. It'd kill her self esteem! She is steadily growing, but her leaves look pathetic, not burning yet, just some clawing and such. Not quite my idea of a perfect plant :eye-roll:

It's seriously stressed me out the last few days lol...

I also dropped a couple dark devils into my 15 (or 20) gal. Kinda have my doubts they will sprout as that pot also got topdressed...but it wasn't properly planned for so I can't be to upset! I knew the situation before I tried planting (bangs head on wall).

I am learning that some of the sativas don't like any top dressing in flower. Others don't have an issue. I just make mental notes and experiment with clones til I figure a strain out.

I am learning that some of the sativas don't like any top dressing in flower. Others don't have an issue. I just make mental notes and experiment with clones til I figure a strain out.
No doubt..I did half the normal amount just for that reason! I think thats my third sativa in a row :rofl: clones would be handy

Well had a pretty good morning in the grow room! Chocolope seems to be recovering quite well, on day 43 of veg..leaves are actually trying to stand up. Gonna give her a big drink of water tomorrow morning and she should be good as new by next week! Its really astonishing how quick these plants can make a recovery. I really thought I was doomed, and just 5 days later I'm back to wearing a smile lol!

Does anyone have any opinions or advice on whether or not we should top her!? She'll be the only plant under my 400w Timber grow light, so light shouldn't be an issue. I wouldnt mind a somewhat even canopy though!

Other good news, one of the Dark Devils surprisingly came up. Now just hoping the topdressings don't fry her! The 2 little leaves seemed a little neon/pale to me but only time will tell. Now just waiting on the second one to pop up. This is sort of an unintentional experiment I suppose!

It would also seem I've finally found a solution to my fungus gnat issues! I havent seen but a single one in the last 4 days (there were hundreds 2 weeks ago). Rice hulls seem to be the key for me, after trying numerous other methods! I cant speak highly enough of them! I still use barley straw as a base mulch, then just fill in all the little nooks and crannies with the rice hulls. Its 1000% effective. Also helps improve soil over time! Makes topdressing a pain in the ass, but worth it IMO. I will actually just opt for foliar feeding in the future, at least until the mulch needs redone!

Looking good man! I have never been one for topping... but I think if you super cropped the main leader and bent her over to the least filled in side(back right from what I can see in the pics) it would give the side shoots the opportunity to catch up.... all depends how woody her stems are I guess!.... Killer Queen was tough, but I just bent and cracked the stem and she kept on trucking... very vigorous strain though!

Anyways that’s my medicated recommendation.. please use with caution! :lot-o-toke:

Looking good man! I have never been one for topping... but I think if you super cropped the main leader and bent her over to the least filled in side(back right from what I can see in the pics) it would give the side shoots the opportunity to catch up.... all depends how woody her stems are I guess!.... Killer Queen was tough, but I just bent and cracked the stem and she kept on trucking... very vigorous strain though!

Anyways that’s my medicated recommendation.. please use with caution! :lot-o-toke:
Thanks brother! Appreciate the feedback. I was really just going to either top her and let go, or just let go naturally. I've never ever been successful super cropping! I'm also on a time schedule if that makes a difference, she has to go into flower room in just 4 days to ensure she finishes before landlord arrives in June! Decisions decisions

Oh! Haha! Details! I forgot about the landlady! My bad ! I’ve changed my opinion to just let her be ! :thumb:
:high-five::passitleft:
Haha no worries!:high-five: Its hard to keep up with everything that goes on on 420. I like the idea of letting it grow naturally, since I've never tried it! On the other side of things, I want the best yields/light penetration possible. :passitleft:
Kicking ass over here LH, looking good, nice to see the chocolope back in gear
Thanks Urb..I appreciate that! And the Chocolope definitely made my day! No more topdressings for sativas :eye-roll:

Never heard of The One.........wait....I think I seen something from Swami that had it listed as one of the Parents in a cross of his. But thats the only time I have heard of it. Hmmm

It's Coots favorite keeper. He's been cloning it for 30 years now. He had some landrace seeds from overseas - popped a bunch and there was some sort of thing that happened - swami prolly knows. Then Coot had to pick 1 plant from all the seed he popped = The One was his selection. Had to give away the rest of the plants. Swami I think has the seed from the sisters?? It was a Brotherhood payback thing.

I'm sketchy on any real details. Just had to pick 1 - The One

It's Coots favorite keeper. He's been cloning it for 30 years now. He had some landrace seeds from overseas - popped a bunch and there was some sort of thing that happened - swami prolly knows. Then Coot had to pick 1 plant from all the seed he popped = The One was his selection. Had to give away the rest of the plants. Swami I think has the seed from the sisters?? It was a Brotherhood payback thing.

I'm sketchy on any real details. Just had to pick 1 - The One
Pretty spot on from what I've heard...he was the one to pick first (he did the work/pheno hunting AFAIK) out of the 7 or 9 and everyone joked ~ ohhh, so you get to keep "the one" huh? Evidently it stuck!

Rumor has it, it was the most beautiful plant he had ever laid eyes on! Pretty bold statement considering he didnt nor does he make any money off of it, unless things have changed and I'm unaware!

Have any of you grown any of Swami's gear?
I sure haven't, have been looking at them just recently though! Dude is a master at photography, I know that much lol
Looking great brother. What ever you choose to do to that chocolope she is gorgeous.
Happy daze.
Thanks bro! She was even better looking this morning. After pondering forever on the situation, I decided to top her! I was going to let it go as @Pjs420 suggested...but boy, I really didnt want to battle with height issues (nor bud rot from a monster main cola). Also, I've seen people kill it with these cobs (l.e.d.), but I still prefer to try and keep a somewhat even canopy. Hopefully I wasnt to late in making the decision!

He deals with some of the older strains which is something I like. I may have to check him out at some point.
There's one he has, the NL5X I think...that one sounds like a doozy!:lot-o-toke:

Also, do you know about how long I must wait before flowering if I just topped this morning? Is a full two weeks absolutely necessary?

Back
Top Bottom