LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

Got some final weights on the Gold Rush! 145 grams or 5.178 oz's!!! Veryyy excited over that deal...super dense. Haven't wanted to smoke it just yet. Thought I'd let it get somewhat of a proper cure, but will probably give in next week lol. Didnt happen to weigh the trim but it fills a quart mason jar absolutely to the brim. Will try and get a pic of trim, it's unreal...would make a wonderful extract plant!

I did happen to try the blue dream again on a fresh start this morning. I take back what I said on my first report! I liked it enough that its still what I'm smoking on this evening lol. It got me and the lady ripped all day long. One of my tastier ones too! Didnt get dry weights on her yet, will try to soon

Anddd..The second dark devil decided to join us, emerging up through the death and remnants of past plants!! Direct sowing is definitely something I'm going to be doing again in the future, 2 for 2 so far!

And some pictures of the recovering Chocolope on day 45 veg today...after just having been topped!

Pretty spot on from what I've heard...he was the one to pick first (he did the work/pheno hunting AFAIK) out of the 7 or 9 and everyone joked ~ ohhh, so you get to keep "the one" huh? Evidently it stuck!

Rumor has it, it was the most beautiful plant he had ever laid eyes on! Pretty bold statement considering he didnt nor does he make any money off of it, unless things have changed and I'm unaware!

He makes some coin from a few vendors for the "coots mix", one of them was over at GC when we were testing out amendments for his soil mix. Doubt its very much $$ tho. He got pissed for sure when people took his intellectual knowledge and used his name to make coin. I get that for sure.

He was passing clones around if you lived in Oregon and asked him he would hook people up. He's old school - keeping the genetics alive without all the money.

The money and weed thing for him likely a very sore subject as he spent time a federal prison for his "association" with BOEL.

On topping in VEG - yeah I wood wait until there is new growth. That main stem aka apical meristem is where all the hormones are generated and why I don't top. Without a proper main stem you won't get good flower growth and yields will suffer. Just wait until a new top or 2 start growing. Should take a week or so.

I will use YoYos to pull that main cola away from the lights or even grow up thru the center of the lights. Once the top goes past the lights she stops vertical growth. You can also super-crop that main stem as well.. I prefer to use YoYo's and "guide" the top in the direction away from the heat.

I have a plant right now with top about 3" from a 100w COB. I put a small 9" fan on the lamp frame pointing at the top of the cola where it's close to the light. She's loving it. The fan keeps her cool enough. Without the fan tho - she'd have a toasted cola for sure. Normally I would have YoYo'd her away from the light but she's too far in the back of the room for me to get in there so the fan was the answer.

He makes some coin from a few vendors for the "coots mix", one of them was over at GC when we were testing out amendments for his soil mix. Doubt its very much $$ tho. He got pissed for sure when people took his intellectual knowledge and used his name to make coin. I get that for sure.

He was passing clones around if you lived in Oregon and asked him he would hook people up. He's old school - keeping the genetics alive without all the money.

The money and weed thing for him likely a very sore subject as he spent time a federal prison for his "association" with BOEL.

On topping in VEG - yeah I wood wait until there is new growth. That main stem aka apical meristem is where all the hormones are generated and why I don't top. Without a proper main stem you won't get good flower growth and yields will suffer. Just wait until a new top or 2 start growing. Should take a week or so.

I will use YoYos to pull that main cola away from the lights or even grow up thru the center of the lights. Once the top goes past the lights she stops vertical growth. You can also super-crop that main stem as well.. I prefer to use YoYo's and "guide" the top in the direction away from the heat.

I have a plant right now with top about 3" from a 100w COB. I put a small 9" fan on the lamp frame pointing at the top of the cola where it's close to the light. She's loving it. The fan keeps her cool enough. Without the fan tho - she'd have a toasted cola for sure. Normally I would have YoYo'd her away from the light but she's too far in the back of the room for me to get in there so the fan was the answer.
Kind of a shame really, the guy is a genius. And very honorable for freely spreading all of his knowledge, imo! Awesome answer by the way :thanks::high-five:

TBH...I was scared of the heigth. Kinda wish I wouldnt have but really wasnt sure how the cobs would perform. You were the one I was referring to here!

..but boy, I really didnt want to battle with height issues (nor bud rot from a monster main cola). Also, I've seen people kill it with these cobs

Still was unsure lol.. I dont like unruly, maybe I'll give it a shot next time though! Do they do much for the lower buds 36" under the lights?? :lot-o-toke::passitleft:

I dunnno, If I'm not struggling with height issues I feel there's something wrong with my plants.

Ropes
Pulleys
String
Wire

Trimmers as a last resort.

Not in any particular order.

I dunnno, If I'm not struggling with height issues I feel there's something wrong with my plants.

Ropes
Pulleys
String
Wire

Trimmers as a last resort.

Not in any particular order.
Do you have some pics of lower buds 36"+ away from the lights? Not sure if I asked that the other day, I meant to! Do you use your reflectors? Read the other day, Timber recommended taking reflectors off now...and have discontinued selling them with their lights!

There's one he has, the NL5X I think...that one sounds like a doozy!:lot-o-toke:

Also, do you know about how long I must wait before flowering if I just topped this morning? Is a full two weeks absolutely necessary?
No....you don't have to wait when you flower. You can top and flip if you want...plant is going to stretch and grow for about 3 weeks regardless of what you do (assuming its healthy and not a strain that is really sensitive to toppings). I have topped in the beginning of flower with no ill effects. Some of the buds were smaller than branches left alone, but you have to factor in the increased number of tops it brings. Its really preference.....experiment when in doubt! You will never hear me say don't try something to find out how it works in your setup.

No....you don't have to wait when you flower. You can top and flip if you want...plant is going to stretch and grow for about 3 weeks regardless of what you do (assuming its healthy and not a strain that is really sensitive to toppings). I have topped in the beginning of flower with no ill effects. Some of the buds were smaller than branches left alone, but you have to factor in the increased number of tops it brings. Its really preference.....experiment when in doubt! You will never hear me say don't try something to find out how it works in your setup.
I always enjoy hearing your answers! Really helps set me at ease when I'm over complicating things. Thanks brother :passitleft:

Do you have some pics of lower buds 36"+ away from the lights? Not sure if I asked that the other day, I meant to! Do you use your reflectors? Read the other day, Timber recommended taking reflectors off now...and have discontinued selling them with their lights!

I still use the reflectors yes. I don't like the light shining in my eyes is my reason.

That and I want the lighting to go down not spread out but thats due to my space constraint. If I ran in an open room I'd prolly take them off and wear sunglasses. lol

I found one melted the other day tho. Maybe thats why they aren't selling them anymore.

Here's a family picture:

Back row L to R:

DT - Platunum Buffalo - Platinum Buffalo (3gal pot) - 91 Star (Chemdawg)

Front row L to R:

Tangerine Cookies - Jellium Polyplod (the original) - Gelato 45 x Platinum Kush Mints - Platinum Buffalo

Lights at the ceiling full bore - I just added another 260W QB in there last night. Still ironing out the quirks. It was kicking off the power strip. Prolly a fan getting ready to take a dump again. I need to run a separate cable for just fans. They always take a dump eventually.

In this pic there 1500w of COB running - Each COB is 100w @ the wall.

All plants in the 7.5gal pots eventually grow into the lamps. I've got YoYo's in permanent locations so when that happens I just tie one around the main stem and "guide" it thru the lighting. The big plants in the back corners are now in the lights after I took this pic the other day. They stop vertical growth once that main stem goes past the lamps. I like the reflectors as they can keep the plants from burning when they get close like that.

Edit:
You prolly wondering why I don't just top the plants.
I got into this convo with Coots several years ago. He suggested that I am loosing yield by topping. I ran several experiments with different types to training.
Topping, fimming, natural all the same plant from clone.
His suggestion played out.

So now I use LST at the very last minute - along with Bamboo stakes and wire to lasso dem bitches when needed. That 91 Star is going to be a monster. Good thing she's in the corner. lol

I still use the reflectors yes. I don't like the light shining in my eyes is my reason.

That and I want the lighting to go down not spread out but thats due to my space constraint. If I ran in an open room I'd prolly take them off and wear sunglasses. lol

I found one melted the other day tho. Maybe thats why they aren't selling them anymore.

Here's a family picture:

Back row L to R:

DT - Platunum Buffalo - Platinum Buffalo (3gal pot) - 91 Star (Chemdawg)

Front row L to R:

Tangerine Cookies - Jellium Polyplod (the original) - Gelato 45 x Platinum Kush Mints - Platinum Buffalo

Lights at the ceiling full bore - I just added another 260W QB in there last night. Still ironing out the quirks. It was kicking off the power strip. Prolly a fan getting ready to take a dump again. I need to run a separate cable for just fans. They always take a dump eventually.

In this pic there 1500w of COB running - Each COB is 100w @ the wall.

All plants in the 7.5gal pots eventually grow into the lamps. I've got YoYo's in permanent locations so when that happens I just tie one around the main stem and "guide" it thru the lighting. The big plants in the back corners are now in the lights after I took this pic the other day. They stop vertical growth once that main stem goes past the lamps. I like the reflectors as they can keep the plants from burning when they get close like that.

Edit:
You prolly wondering why I don't just top the plants.
I got into this convo with Coots several years ago. He suggested that I am loosing yield by topping. I ran several experiments with different types to training.
Topping, fimming, natural all the same plant from clone.
His suggestion played out.

So now I use LST at the very last minute - along with Bamboo stakes and wire to lasso dem bitches when needed. That 91 Star is going to be a monster. Good thing she's in the corner. lol
What a beautiful jungle you have there! Them ladies are massive, and healthy all throughout!! Still amazes me there only in 7's.

And the blindingness was the first thing I noticed after removing lenses, have to sorta hang my head down now lol.

I remember him saying that an awful lot over on GC...alot of people agreed on that point too! I'm gonna get me a bigger tent, and when I do, I'll let em run free for a round and see how I like it. Yoyos and all! What a trimming nightmare tho :nervous-guy:kudos to you haha.

Chocolope is back in full swing, been a couple days since I've checked on her...seems they double in size overnight when things are rockin and rollin :headbanger:

She's on day 52 of veg today, tomorrow starts day 1 of flower. Been just over a week since the topping and I feel I've gotten some new solid growth out of the two new tops! Kinda looks like 10 now tho lol.

The size of leaves on this girl are Insane! The one looks like a football :thedoubletake: pretty excited to get her flowering...supposed to be some pretty chunky stuff. Still think I may deal with height issues at some point. At least now I know how ^^^^ :high-five:

Godzilla leaf

Dark devils have also came around...safe to assume they survived the neem/kelp bombardment! Tough little things. They are on day 9 & 11 today! Hopefully they turn out better than my first DD. Didn't get me very high tbh! It was my first LOS plant so we'll blame that.

Not sure if I've already posted these pics of the tonics. But during a recent sale I decided to buy the whole bundle. It will be my staple "nutrient" program going from here! As well as IPM. I'll still keep neem oil and spinosad veryy close by.

Speaking of IPM, havent had any sort of trouble recently :dude-knocking: been staying on it pretty steady though! Peace of mind is priceless

Trimming .... yeah well I solved that issue with trim tray with 100 micron screen in the btm - now make dry-sift as a bonus. :roorrip:

I just made 20gms of hash from 3 plants trimmings.

This is first pass full melt dry sift

Trimming .... yeah well I solved that issue with trim tray with 100 micron screen in the btm - now make dry-sift as a bonus. :roorrip:

I just made 20gms of hash from 3 plants trimmings.

This is first pass full melt dry sift

That stuff looks incredible! Full melt would make it dab-able correct? I was looking at those trays awhile back.
BlueJay FTW :passitleft:

I use the sprout tonic - just add it in with my foiler with a little bit of soap nut water to emulsify also sometimes throw in some Aloe gel. Good stuff.

Its awesome stuff, seems I dont need to topdress when using it! Havent used the neem tonic much, but hopefully it can elinlminate having to emulsifying the oil with ritha! All about that lazy approach lol

He uses the autopot XL system :) if my bank account would allow it, i would already be sporting it !
:thanks:

I’ve been thinking about this very thing. I love hash - thanks for posting. I would have had to spend some time looking up the best micron size to use. If 100 works for you, that’s good enough for me!

Hey LH - looking great man! I love it when they do that overnight acceleration thing :slide:

Yeah full melt dry sift is the connoisseur's choice bro.

A little dab will do ya.

I got the white screen there extra. Thats the one that makes the good stuff. 100 micron. The Orange is 150 micron.
I've found first pass with the 100 micron is a winner.

I can go 2-3 more passes but quality goes down the more sifting.

I had to learn a little bit and develop a touch. Too much sifting too much pressure all that there's a fine line where the full melt stops and the rest starts.

The full melt actually gets gooey at room temps as soon as I try and move it. So first pass goes into freezer before I can make a pile. Need to use parchment paper. This is the real deal.

I’ve been thinking about this very thing. I love hash - thanks for posting. I would have had to spend some time looking up the best micron size to use. If 100 works for you, that’s good enough for me!

Well its funny on the "micron" size thing. Depending on what country the screen is made. Micron isn't some standard size. Not sure why?? So do a little homework if you get a different screen than I posted here. I've been at this for a few years now. So did experiments and also research on screening.

Seems everyone has there own interpretation on what a micron is. I forget why. Prolly has something to do with taxes or something silly like that.

Back
Top Bottom