LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

I'm 4-5 weeks from harvest my buds are huge, this will make them better?

Should I or shouldn't I?

There would be a lot of snipping:

So basically they stop getting tall which mine have already and the fill out get more girth. This is my first grow :bitingnails:

Fatter would be nice! Should I do it now or wait a week or two?

I'd go ahead and do it. I only trimmed about 10 total on 3 plants. I want to see if I can tell the difference.

I'm convinced, I'll do it tonight when the lights come on. I will do this scientifically, I believe in this method, but to be sure, I have several buds that are very similar. I will not touch one of them so we can have a comparison. I will post updates here periodically.

Stay tuned for before and after pictures, I hope I haven't hijacked this thread.

I'd go ahead and do it. I only trimmed about 10 total on 3 plants. I want to see if I can tell the difference.

Yep. I agree. But if you're unsure, why not do a set of three buds randomly or something and see for yourself. I'm still a month away from tip-snipping minimum, but I intend to do all EXCEPT 2-3 only for my own comparison.

edit - our posts passed in the ether. ;)

OK I did it. Was kind of weird cutting off the very best part of the bud! :bitingnails:

I did every one except I left one of the twins (a pair of bud next to each other but from different plants) with no haircut, and I trimmed about 30-40 buds. I went all in.

Here is the overview showing where the experimental buds are:

haircut1.jpg

Twin 1 has a hair cut:
P5014222.JPG

Look at the top of her head:
withhaircut1.jpg

Twin 2 No Haircut:
P5014223.JPG

Top of twin 2:
nohaircut.jpg

I'll post some more pictures as soon as I can see some difference.

There aint no hijacking of this thread lol :) I only posted this guide to the technique as its so simple and Ive been doing it forever! For something so easy it pays you back well! :)
Tryshard, I would have waited another week maybe, but no fear your gonna be very happy! :)
Oh Now you tell me! LOL. Well if they get much bigger I'm going to have to tie them up. As I was giving them the haircut, I could feel the heft of the buds. Some of them are already almost the size of a small water bottle. I'm still mad about the empty corner of my tent.

:thumb::nicethread: hey LA is the best time to try would be around week 5 or 6 :thanks::goodjob::green_heart::Namaste::peace:

I think the best indicator is how big they are. If they are big and beefy then do it. If you think they have room to grow taller then don't.
What I think this does is fill out your buds. See my experimental pictures below.

Yep always a little past half way through flower, its hard to explain as I now just kind of go by eye! If it was a ten week flower period Id be going in week 6 most probs though! :)

I was probably right in the middle.

thanks LA will be trying this on a few of mine:thumb::peace:

You should, I am already seeing a difference in the twins. One I back budded and the other I left the same. Here are updated pictures, I am so convinced that I back budded the remain twin now both have been done.

The twins together:
Twins8.JPG

Left twin which got the haircut:
left_twin.JPG

Right twin No Haircut:
right_twin.JPG

IRL there is a noticeable difference in the two. Especially right at the top, the left twin has more girth.

LA, I am the fool that recently replied to one of your post and said that your tutorial on FLUXING was gone. Sorry about that. I have figured out the 420 site and everything is still there as you let me know previously. I hope I didn't P*** you off. I am now trying to top some of my buds and I have a question. I assume that it is only necessary to trim the top bud on each flux arm as demonstrated here in your post and not each bud. If you would not mind let me know if this assumption is correct. I have learned everything that I know about growing and tending to my girls from you. I don't believe that I could have a better teacher. As I said before, sorry about the mix up in the past. Keep it green.

Back
Top Bottom