Late Outdoor Coastal Progress Journal 4 Strains

Wow buds were really fat for having to be harvested a lil early. Nice.

That last pick looks like 50/50 clear n cloudy. Gonna be a heady ass high! :)

Thank you my brothers, I'll have bud 'till spring! Filled 18 of these jars!

10829.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

wow! thanks to you as well, a great example of a great staff here at :420:
Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Thanks a lot JC,:thumb: this site rocks! Working on my next grow, had to start from seeds, 7 siblings working on third nodes now, I think I will sex them when they have 4 nodes, any suggestions? What about the "bag over a branch for 12 hours" to eliminate going fron 24 to 12/12 then back to 24 with the girls I get from the seven unknowns? thanks again

>>> What about the "bag over a branch for 12 hours" to eliminate going fron 24 to 12/12 then back to 24 with the girls I get from the seven unknowns?

I had tried this method to very little success. I put a lightproof, double-layer bag over a selected branch for a little over 1 week. Day after day, each time I removed the 12/12 induced branch, it came out VERY moist as the leaves have no way to let the moisture escape farther than the bag. The selected branch was also noticeable underdeveloped in overall growth compared to the rest of the plant. Maybe a breathable material may work for this, but with my experience I think it is much easier just to put a clone of the plant into flower, or just go with your original suggestion and put the whole plant in 12/12, then revert it back to a vegetative state.

Here is the post where I started the experiment if you are interested, and Good Luck ;)

>>> What about the "bag over a branch for 12 hours" to eliminate going fron 24 to 12/12 then back to 24 with the girls I get from the seven unknowns?

I had tried this method to very little success. I put a lightproof, double-layer bag over a selected branch for a little over 1 week. Day after day, each time I removed the 12/12 induced branch, it came out VERY moist as the leaves have no way to let the moisture escape farther than the bag. The selected branch was also noticeable underdeveloped in overall growth compared to the rest of the plant. Maybe a breathable material may work for this, but with my experience I think it is much easier just to put a clone of the plant into flower, or just go with your original suggestion and put the whole plant in 12/12, then revert it back to a vegetative state.

Here is the post where I started the experiment if you are interested, and Good Luck ;)

I am 99% sure thats not how the plants biology works. When the plant is a plant it all works as one. If any of the plant is getting light then it acts as if its all getting the light. You cannot just flower half of the same plant while the other half stays in veg. The entire plant shares the same auxins.

The reason why you can take a cutting and do it is because it is no longer the same plant at that point. It is its own new biological entity.

I am 99% sure thats not how the plants biology works. When the plant is a plant it all works as one. If any of the plant is getting light then it acts as if its all getting the light. You cannot just flower half of the same plant while the other half stays in veg. The entire plant shares the same auxins.

The reason why you can take a cutting and do it is because it is no longer the same plant at that point. It is its own new biological entity.

Yup, I have to agree and give you that 1% to make it a full 100%. I should clarify that when I said "very little success" I meant to say "absolutely no conclusive results from the test." The plant has to be fully in flower to induce flowering, as you said, auxins are evenly distributed among the entire plant. However, trying to flower an "air layered" branch of a plant might just be pushing the boundaries of the shared auxin theory! But for many of us, first hand experience is a priceless lesson to learn. As many of us growers, I like to experiment with different techniques (or old wives tales)to prove them right or wrong with a series of carefully planned hypotheses and tests. I have an ever growing blog where I put a lot of my experiments for the 420 community to learn from as I am just returning the favor for all that the forums have taught me :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom