LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

hey irish
i skipped a lot of the tech talk im more a picture book than word book kinda person.:ganjamon::ganjamon:
so those pics are right at the end of week 9?
they look nice and you grew the hell outa them. the 180w looks decent but the 126w seems a bit light for 9weeks of flower the 180w looks like they are around or even bigger than mine that are under a 400w hid. im 10 weeks in and have been doing 12/12 the whole way.

hey irish
i skipped a lot of the tech talk im more a picture book than word book kinda person.:ganjamon::ganjamon:
so those pics are right at the end of week 9?
they look nice and you grew the hell outa them. the 180w looks decent but the 126w seems a bit light for 9weeks of flower the 180w looks like they are around or even bigger than mine that are under a 400w hid. im 10 weeks in and have been doing 12/12 the whole way.

their are the day before week 9, so really their at day 62.
the 126w is not yielding anything impressive to me with the blue dreams, i am kinda disappointed in her BD plants. the hindu skunk on here side looks allot better then her BD for sure, and looks like it might yield kinda good. i hope i am wrong because i am going to be upset if i get shitty yield from those plants when she claimed her light to beat or at least match my 180w. the thing that gets me is for months and months she baged pro source and their lights, how hers were sooo much better, i dont even see it being close when i look at them at all. i hope the scale proves me wrong.
before i pull my plants ill pull each plant out and do a side by side pics of one from HGL and PS. so you can see the diff.

For that very reason, I am so glad I stumbled on this journal, I would have wasted a lot of time and money. Thanks..... I should send you a check... It would be a better investment than if I would have bought into all the crap and bought into all the hype....

their are the day before week 9, so really their at day 62.
the 126w is not yielding anything impressive to me with the blue dreams, i am kinda disappointed in her BD plants. the hindu skunk on here side looks allot better then her BD for sure, and looks like it might yield kinda good. i hope i am wrong because i am going to be upset if i get shitty yield from those plants when she claimed her light to beat or at least match my 180w. the thing that gets me is for months and months she baged pro source and their lights, how hers were sooo much better, i dont even see it being close when i look at them at all. i hope the scale proves me wrong.

All this is true man! She talked a very big game, but all that aside 54w in the LED world is essentially 2 oz at 1g/watt. That being said, I wouldnt be disappointed in the slightest if differnce is less than 54g's between the two lights total harvest. In my mind right now, the only real question left, is does white or orange play a bigger factor in bud formation. I am definately starting to lean more on the ps side of that orange does in fact play a huge role in flowering. But to me, if the hgl side finishes at say an ounce under the ps side, the hgl lights wins. However, if the difference between the two is greater than 54g to account for that 54w difference then PS hands down has a better product. I am very interested in the final weights as I know we all are.

Peace to all

For that very reason, I am so glad I stumbled on this journal, I would have wasted a lot of time and money. Thanks..... I should send you a check... It would be a better investment than if I would have bought into all the crap and bought into all the hype....

glade i could help you brother. ill send you my PO BOX# for you can mail ur check.lol

All this is true man! She talked a very big game, but all that aside 54w in the LED world is essentially 2 oz at 1g/watt. That being said, I wouldnt be disappointed in the slightest if differnce is less than 54g's between the two lights total harvest. In my mind right now, the only real question left, is does white or orange play a bigger factor in bud formation. I am definately starting to lean more on the ps side of that orange does in fact play a huge role in flowering. But to me, if the hgl side finishes at say an ounce under the ps side, the hgl lights wins. However, if the difference between the two is greater than 54g to account for that 54w difference then PS hands down has a better product. I am very interested in the final weights as I know we all are.

Peace to all

i see what ur saying, but its the claims that were made to me, when i was talking about doing this test. i was told it would match or do better then my 180w. i was also told i would have fatter bottom nugs then the 180w and that is also not true. i see what ur saying about the 2 oz at 1g per watt, but she would have to get 1g per wat in the first place to say that, right? i think you could only subtract the 54w per gram/watt i get with her light in the first place. this would change if i only got .80g per watt or anythings els with her light right? or would i have it backwards and it matter what g/watt i get with the PS? i am not to good at doing the whole g/watt thing,with multiple light of different watts. and i have been interested on how i would figure that out between the lights since their is a diff in watts between the two. thanks for pointing this out to me because i never looked at it like that, i just looked at was claimed to me. also i would like to say to everyone that i am only saying what i see with my eyes on witch light is doing better, i will find our for sure with the scale.

i see what ur saying, but its the claims that were made to me, when i was talking about doing this test. i was told it would match or do better then my 180w. i was also told i would have fatter bottom nugs then the 180w and that is also not true. i see what ur saying about the 2 oz at 1g per watt, but but she would have to get 1g per wat in the first place to say that, right? thanks for pointing this out to me because i never looked at it like that, i just looked at was claimed to me.

I know man! I have a couple of friends that actually bought lights from her at full cost, I can't speak for them but I think they both wish they had gone different routes. Myself on the other hand, see great potential in the older line of her lights (as they have been changed now, ratios) for veg. For years as growers we have had to buy different bulbs, ballasts, fluro, etc... so in my eyes I simply see one hell of a veg light. Now I am lookin at that test between the HSS and the HGL to even further my search for a nice led veg light. The turning point for me will be if you pull anything over 1.25g's/watt with that 180w from ps. Cuz if thats the case, then I am all over PS! However, I have been very much considering going vertical in my garden to maximize, ummm, well, everything! hehe... And I have been in contact with both Cammie and Doug about a vertical light and both have told me it's in the works and to expect something very soon! HGL actually plans on releasing sooner than PS's model. No word at all about the PS wattage or demensions as they are pretty secretive, lol, but as for the HGL it should be 504w. So you can start to imagine a price tag on that baby....

til next time

peace

I know man! I have a couple of friends that actually bought lights from her at full cost, I can't speak for them but I think they both wish they had gone different routes. Myself on the other hand, see great potential in the older line of her lights (as they have been changed now, ratios) for veg. For years as growers we have had to buy different bulbs, ballasts, fluro, etc... so in my eyes I simply see one hell of a veg light. Now I am lookin at that test between the HSS and the HGL to even further my search for a nice led veg light. The turning point for me will be if you pull anything over 1.25g's/watt with that 180w from ps. Cuz if thats the case, then I am all over PS! However, I have been very much considering going vertical in my garden to maximize, ummm, well, everything! hehe... And I have been in contact with both Cammie and Doug about a vertical light and both have told me it's in the works and to expect something very soon! HGL actually plans on releasing sooner than PS's model. No word at all about the PS wattage or demensions as they are pretty secretive, lol, but as for the HGL it should be 504w. So you can start to imagine a price tag on that baby....

til next time

peace

for my personal opion on both of these lights i am going to add up all 4 of the blue dreams only, because i don't think its fair to count her hindu skunk when the PS hindu is a little runt. thats how i am going to do it for myself to figure things out. what ill do is give total weight on each plant then anyone can add things up however they want. i really dont care what light anyone buys, all i care about is helping someone chose a light to use, and forcing led company's to push the envelope on their led tech, to compete with the other company's on their ass. i also want all the lies and BS claims to stop, it puts a bad name on leds when companys do this.

But, I know it's just around the corner when the grow lights will be able to run different colors threw the same diode. And then there will truly only be one light thats needed. I know this is a bit off topic of led's and please everyone dont kill me but have you guy's seen the color spectrums of these plasma bulbs from SunPulse. They look pretty amazing!

i really dont care what light anyone buys, all i care about is helping someone chose a light to use, and forcing led company's to push the envelope on their led tech, to compete with the other company's on their ass. i also want all the lies and BS claims to stop, it puts a bad name on leds when companys do this.

A-fuckin-men!!

But, I know it's just around the corner when the grow lights will be able to run different colors threw the same diode. And then there will truly only be one light thats needed. I know this is a bit off topic of led's and please everyone dont kill me but have you guy's seen the color spectrums of these plasma bulbs from SunPulse. They look pretty amazing!

yes i see leds doing that soon, and that will be the next big thing.

i am keeping a good eye on the plasma bulbs also, and i want to test one of those out maybe in the future. cant wait to see what those can do, the only bad thing is their will still be the heat factor i am trying to get away from, but is the yield is allot better then i can deal with the heat for sure.lol.

i am keeping a good eye on the plasma bulbs also, and i want to test one of those out maybe in the future. cant wait to see what those can do, the only bad thing is their will still be the heat factor i am trying to get away from, but is the yield is allot better then i can deal with the heat for sure.lol.

I saw someone actually post on you journal over on gc a advertisement 3d LED cube that was able to change color out of the same diode. I presume thats how the new LED tv's work as well, unless they blend colors together. Can't wait either way I'm sure it will come soon.

Ye, I just msg'd the guys over there not too long ago so we'll see what happens. I hope to score a few freebies, hehe...

I saw someone actually post on you journal over on gc a advertisement 3d LED cube that was able to change color out of the same diode. I presume thats how the new LED tv's work as well, unless they blend colors together. Can't wait either way I'm sure it will come soon.

Ye, I just msg'd the guys over there not too long ago so we'll see what happens. I hope to score a few freebies, hehe...

good luck i hope you do get some freebies, and you can do a grow and show us how they work. i am interested in those lights also.

one thing i know is since i have/had the opportunity to test 3 diff leds company's i can see with my own eyes who has the better led grow light. and anyone that follows my threads can see what i see between the diff lights also with me. i understand everyone has their own opion one witch lights they like more and thats fine, all of us led people need to stick together and not chose sides because of diff lights we use. were are different new breed of growers coming up and we need to stick together. any one doing a grow with led right now my hats off to you! without you guys the led tech will never change for the better or it wouldn't change as fast, because their wouldn't be any compation with the company's to compete with. we are helping changing growing history for everyone. good job guys:goodjob:

the thing that gets me is for months and months she baged pro source and their lights, how hers were sooo much better, i dont even see it being close when i look at them at all.

She ragged on them sooo bad. I remember one post where she said that they pulled their specs from the website because they had plagiarized them from somewhere. If I TALK that much shit, you can bet somethings up. I don't talk that much shit unless the fix is in or I know the results ahead of time from doing the test myself. May be a male / female thing. If a man talks shit like that and doesn't back it up he's eventually going to be missing some front teeth. Women, most times, don't have this issue.

The turning point for me will be if you pull anything over 1.25g's/watt with that 180w from ps. Cuz if thats the case, then I am all over PS!

I'm starting to think that 1 g/w will be the floor with LED's. Combination of who's the better grower and using the better light pushing people closer to the 2g/w level.

Unfortunately we're being sold on these lights pulling 3 g/w or more.

i usaly get 1/g per watt with hid or really close.

^^^^^

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::thanks:

The gadget geek in me just went berserk! Just think, hook your laptop up to your light and download a preprogrammed light sequence for your entire grow. Just like street racers do with their engines. Fine tune things strain specific or for your growing style. Oooo the list goes on and on.

I presume thats how the new LED tv's work as well, unless they blend colors together.

Interesting, I haven't looked into them yet. I thought from the commercials they used the led's for back lighting.

i understand everyone has their own opion one witch lights they like more and thats fine, all of us led people need to stick together and not chose sides because of diff lights we use. were are different new breed of growers coming up and we need to stick together. any one doing a grow with led right now my hats off to you! without you guys the led tech will never change for the better or it wouldn't change as fast, because their wouldn't be any compation with the company's to compete with. we are helping changing growing history for everyone. good job guys:goodjob:

You got that right. Companies will eventually learn that there is 10x as much money to be made by just making a product work up to decent expectations, instead of building them up to the moon and having them fall way short. We'll make the best company into the LED version of apple unless we beat them all to it for 1/2 the cost.

good luck i hope you do get some freebies, and you can do a grow and show us how they work. i am interested in those lights also.

one thing i know is since i have/had the opportunity to test 3 diff leds company's i can see with my own eyes who has the better led grow light. and anyone that follows my threads can see what i see between the diff lights also with me. i understand everyone has their own opion one witch lights they like more and thats fine, all of us led people need to stick together and not chose sides because of diff lights we use. were are different new breed of growers coming up and we need to stick together. any one doing a grow with led right now my hats off to you! without you guys the led tech will never change for the better or it wouldn't change as fast, because their wouldn't be any compation with the company's to compete with. we are helping changing growing history for everyone. good job guys:goodjob:
:cheer: :allgood: :amen:

Back
Top Bottom