LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

i am a true believer in less plants in scrog gives you more yield. my friend on another site rumples did 3 plants scrog and got less yield then when he dose two plant. he gets about 12oz off of one plant with a 400w hps.

i am thinking 2-3 plants would be plenty of plants for that area, you agree with this?

yea, thats actually pretty helpful, ive never though of it that way. with that being said your original idea of 3 in a screen and a lot of supper cropping sounds like a best bet.

yea, thats actually pretty helpful, ive never though of it that way. with that being said your original idea of 3 in a screen and a lot of supper cropping sounds like a best bet.

ya check out rumples plant. this is one plant grown SCROG under a 400w hps. no super cropping just training threw the holes in the screen. he gets about 12oz from one plant.

002432.jpg

I think either a few plants with LST or a few plants with SCROG should do well with LED's.

SCROG growing takes a bit longer to dial in because you have to learn about how to use the screen effectively, so if I was doing a comparison I would go with LST because I don't have any SCROG experience yet.

They're both very cool ways to grow, and I plan on doing lots of both in the future.

I think either a few plants with LST or a few plants with SCROG should do well with LED's.

SCROG growing takes a bit longer to dial in because you have to learn about how to use the screen effectively, so if I was doing a comparison I would go with LST because I don't have any SCROG experience yet.

They're both very cool ways to grow, and I plan on doing lots of both in the future.

ya i have never done SCROG before, but have been researching it for about 8months. i understand how to use the screen to my plants advantage. ive learnd from that Rumples guy, and he said he will help me on it to if i had trouble.

i talked to Mike from GLH today and asked him if he would mind if i gave SCROG a try when using his light since i never did it before, and he said he dosent care grow however i want dosent matter to him one bit.. some cool stuff right their, he's real laid back.

If you've researched it that much and have backup like that, you should be OK.

The nice even canopy of buds you get with a screen would be nice for a 90 degree light.

I really like LST. It's like growing Bonsai because you can shape the plant and work with it.

One other thing I like about LST is that the stress it places on the main stem makes it thicker than if you just top or fim.

Can't wait to see your next grow!

I'm sure whatever you decide to do will rock ;)

If you've researched it that much and have backup like that, you should be OK.

The nice even canopy of buds you get with a screen would be nice for a 90 degree light.

I really like LST. It's like growing Bonsai because you can shape the plant and work with it.

One other thing I like about LST is that the stress it places on the main stem makes it thicker than if you just top or fim.

Can't wait to see your next grow!

I'm sure whatever you decide to do will rock ;)

ya i am a big fan of LST, but i do it a little different. i dont keep my plants real short, i just bend the main steam then when the other come out i just bend those until i get 4-6 tops then let them grow up, so at the end i get 4-6 big colas.

That's what I like most about LST, that's it's so versatile.

You can do it in early veg and keep your plants less than 12" through bloom, or you can use it late in veg and get several nice big colas.

I'm going to do an outdoor stealth grow this spring and try to keep my plants well below 12". Should be fun.

Well, it took me a week to read the whole post. Great job Irish and all the other input. I learned so much since I goggle led and hps last month and found 420 mag. I was jazz for you Irish to get your lights for all of your hard work. Can anyone tell me what a scrog and a LST is?
I been waiting and wondering what way to go for flowering I like the ideal of LEDs but everybody warned me to not waist money on it. I was glad to see Irish say he will try this again and was open minded to go back to HPS if he dont see LEDs resulting in good buds.
I live in the desert, and LED would be the best for me.

For all my buddies in CA, Yeah for the court ruling. In NV it has to have the the worst MMJ laws, but we do have it, so hats off for MPP and all of their hard work here.

Cant wait to see the dry weight, heck I can't wait to see your next grow Irish lad.

That's what I like most about LST, that's it's so versatile.

You can do it in early veg and keep your plants less than 12" through bloom, or you can use it late in veg and get several nice big colas.

I'm going to do an outdoor stealth grow this spring and try to keep my plants well below 12". Should be fun.

Years ago I saw an article about staking the plants down as they grow so they run horizontal to the ground. When they flower they just look like a low hedge to the casual observer. Primitive LST lol. Even hanging plastic tomatoes or flowers in them to fool the same observer.

:peace:

Well, it took me a week to read the whole post. Great job Irish and all the other input. I learned so much since I goggle led and hps last month and found 420 mag. I was jazz for you Irish to get your lights for all of your hard work. Can anyone tell me what a scrog and a LST is?
I been waiting and wondering what way to go for flowering I like the ideal of LEDs but everybody warned me to not waist money on it. I was glad to see Irish say he will try this again and was open minded to go back to HPS if he dont see LEDs resulting in good buds.
I live in the desert, and LED would be the best for me.

For all my buddies in CA, Yeah for the court ruling. In NV it has to have the the worst MMJ laws, but we do have it, so hats off for MPP and all of their hard work here.

Cant wait to see the dry weight, heck I can't wait to see your next grow Irish lad.

Low - stress training ( LST) is used when height must be kept at a minimum. The marijuana plant is trained to lie over on its side at an early age, with each successive stem trained in the same fashion. This method produces a low-lying, luxurious plant, with increased bud production due to the light reaching into the sides of the plant as well as the top.

The screen of green ( SCROG) method is also used when height and wattage are a consideration. A screen, usually of netting, screenwire or chickenwire, is attached at a desired height above the plants. This allows the growing marijuana plants to begin to grow horizontally after reaching the height limit, thus keeping the canopy, or height, at an even level, which allows consistent light penetration into the growing plants. Many growers have a consistent high yield using this method. you keep tucking the plant under the screen when it pops up until you have all the other branches the same hight, the you let them grow threw and flower

Low - stress training ( LST) is used when height must be kept at a minimum. The marijuana plant is trained to lie over on its side at an early age, with each successive stem trained in the same fashion. This method produces a low-lying, luxurious plant, with increased bud production due to the light reaching into the sides of the plant as well as the top.

The screen of green ( SCROG) method is also used when height and wattage are a consideration. A screen, usually of netting, screenwire or chickenwire, is attached at a desired height above the plants. This allows the growing marijuana plants to begin to grow horizontally after reaching the height limit, thus keeping the canopy, or height, at an even level, which allows consistent light penetration into the growing plants. Many growers have a consistent high yield using this method. you keep tucking the plant under the screen when it pops up until you have all the other branches the same hight, the you let them grow threw and flower

It's the only way to go with these lights because of their shape...only problem is the extra time vegging to do all this.

Back
Top Bottom