Let's grow some Weed!

Hola Joe! Thought I would drop by your grow and check it out! Looking good your plants are doing really well. I think its awesome your getting some buds to smoke! Rock on. I will be watching your progress and trying to absorb as much info as I can from your experiences. I just started my grow and I am planning on trying to clone right after I switch to 12/12. Was gonna go with rockwool cubes in a humidome with heatmat and a presoak solution, but the inexpensive wick cloner looks pretty awesome too. (not to mention cheap and easy!).

Anyways good job so far the ladies are looking good, just gotta get rid of those nasty critters.

L8ers

Hola Joe! Thought I would drop by your grow and check it out! Looking good your plants are doing really well. I think its awesome your getting some buds to smoke! Rock on. I will be watching your progress and trying to absorb as much info as I can from your experiences. I just started my grow and I am planning on trying to clone right after I switch to 12/12. Was gonna go with rockwool cubes in a humidome with heatmat and a presoak solution, but the inexpensive wick cloner looks pretty awesome too. (not to mention cheap and easy!).

Anyways good job so far the ladies are looking good, just gotta get rid of those nasty critters.

L8ers

This is my first grow plant I had decided to trim off a bunch of the buds a week ago and now I am seeing sudden growth on the plant along with a bunch of new buds forming! weeeeeeeeeee!
IMG_03092.jpg

I started 4 new clones and the 5th clone has now made it 10 days and is still thriving. So it looks like I will have 1 clone that will be ready for transplant by the end of the week!

IMG_0311.jpg

Hay Joe just stoped to "look see" on your grow..... I just hit mine with 30 hours of darkness.....:nicethread::grinjoint:

My 2nd grow plant has huge leaves and seems to be very healthy
IMG_03101.jpg

As you can see my 2nd grow plant (Born Sept 26) is now Budding!!!!!
This is the first plant I have sexed indoors.
I am not sure exactly what variety she is but I got her seeds from a seed bank.
IMG_03084.jpg

Damn these are some sexy ladies! I know its not right to covet another man's plants but I COVETeth. These girls are indeed healthy speciments. "Hey lady...want a ride?" lol

Damn these are some sexy ladies! I know its not right to covet another man's plants but I COVETeth. These girls are indeed healthy speciments. "Hey lady...want a ride?" lol

Thanks so much for the compliment! My 2nd grow plant is forming a bud on the top that seems to be bigger every time I check on her! Her other buds are coming along nicely as well maybe this time I will get some of those Mega Big Buds we all hope for. My 2nd. Grow plant is by far way healthier than my 1st. grow at this stage.

Joe, doing an exceptional job bro, clones and plants are coming along very nice. Keep up the excellant work friend.

Thanks so much for the compliment! We are very happy with the progress so far and are looking forward to smoking the new buds for Christmas. I am very happy to see my 2nd. grow plant kicking in with the Bud action. We have decided to keep the lighting at 14/10 since it seems to be OK with the plants.

Hi Joe. I told you I'd drop by. Nice little grow. :popcorn: Good to see you're having fun.

About those fungus gnats. I got those a few years back from a pot of organic potting soil too. The best way to get rid of those little bastards is to keep the top couple of inches of soil dry by watering from the bottom. They lay their eggs in the soil and the larva feed on the little root hairs your plant needs to grow with. The adults only fly around and mate. They don't feed as adults. Also get some diatomaceous earth and put a 1/2" layer on top of the soil. It will kill the larva as they emerge from the soil by drying them up. Good to get rid of ants and other creepy crawlers too. Garden shops usually sell it for an outrageous price but I bought a 50 lb bag for $30 at a local farm supply a few years ago. Totally natural and good for plants and used as a feed supplement for cattle, chickens etc.

Like most bugs that plague our beloved girls, if you can interrupt one stage of their life cycle you can WIN! Except for them freakin' mites. OH LORD! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY DDT AWAY! Just kidding. It was nasty stuff but it worked like a hot-damn.

A very Merry Xmas to you and the Mrs. and a Higher New Year as well.

:peace:

+1 on the diatomaceous earth its the equivalent of a human swimming in a pool filled with broken glass... youd bleed out and dry up too lol.

Hi Joe. I told you I'd drop by. Nice little grow. :popcorn: Good to see you're having fun.

About those fungus gnats. I got those a few years back from a pot of organic potting soil too. The best way to get rid of those little bastards is to keep the top couple of inches of soil dry by watering from the bottom. They lay their eggs in the soil and the larva feed on the little root hairs your plant needs to grow with. The adults only fly around and mate. They don't feed as adults. Also get some diatomaceous earth and put a 1/2" layer on top of the soil. It will kill the larva as they emerge from the soil by drying them up. Good to get rid of ants and other creepy crawlers too. Garden shops usually sell it for an outrageous price but I bought a 50 lb bag for $30 at a local farm supply a few years ago. Totally natural and good for plants and used as a feed supplement for cattle, chickens etc.

Like most bugs that plague our beloved girls, if you can interrupt one stage of their life cycle you can WIN! Except for them freakin' mites. OH LORD! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY DDT AWAY! Just kidding. It was nasty stuff but it worked like a hot-damn.

A very Merry Xmas to you and the Mrs. and a Higher New Year as well.

:peace:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!! I had found a spray from Lowes that seems to keep the population down but has not completely wiped them little buggers out. I will try to source some of the diatomaceous earth it sounds like those fungus gnats would really like that!!!! LOL! The Gnats spread to 2 of my unused small starter pots but I killed them by microwaving the pots for 5 minutes (yes it works). My future uses with the potting soil I am mixing it up with regular sterilized dirt so the peat content will be considerably lower in the pots.

My lesson is learned to not use any soil until it is sterilized prior to use. This would gave saved a lot of hassle.

My war with the fungus gnats continues but I am determined to win over them....

I sure will check out the pool supply houses!!! A day without fungus gnats is a day with sunshine!

I had changed some of the settings on my digital camera and I am now starting to get a few really great pics!!!! I was really happy how the new pics are coming out, now all I have to do is figure out what I did so I can keep repeating them! ...

yah some of these digi cameras are weird Mine take awesome outdoor pics... but wont even focus close up 90% of the time.

Yep, I was having the same problems. I started fooling around with the camera settings and I started getting some better close ups. I shoot most of my pics with a Canon PowerShot A2000. I also have a Canon Rebel EOS with some really nice lenses but I find the A2000 just to be so much more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom