Light of Jah - Early Wonder Skunk - Soil - OC+ From Seed

Re: Light of Jah, Early Wonder Skunk, Soil, OC+, from seed

lol no, that would be a far treck from CO to get to ocean

Haha yeah I guess that would be long trip for some weed... :)

ya. im just gonna get some liquid kelp, and just add it to my tea and i think that be it.

PICTURE UPDATE

JANUARY 30, 2011, DAY 17 VEG

EWS 1
EWS_1_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

EWS 2
EWS_2_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

EWS 3
EWS_3_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

EWS 4
EWS_4_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

LoJ 1
LoJ_1_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

LoJ 2
LoJ_2_1_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg
LoJ_2_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

LoJ 3
LoJ_3_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

LoJ 4
LoJ_4_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

LoJ 5
LoJ_5_Jan_30_2011_2_.jpg

GROUP SHOT
SAM_01331.JPG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE HOT PEPPERS
SAM_0156_2_.jpg
Pepper.jpg

:morenutes::peacetwo:

High everyone,

Some bad news, some good. I checked under the skirts this morning and found 2 of my EWS had grown balls!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!.:hmmmm: And then I thought to myself: these are feminized seeds, how could they grow balls? And no less than 2 out of 4! So...I went back to the website that I ordered them from and found out that they were not feminized after all. I was looking at so many seeds that day that I could have sworn that I ordered feminized seeds. Must have had a brain fart or something.:hmmmm:

So I'm going to keep one going (maybe) and get some seeds from my grow. The other 2 autoflowers are not showing any sex as of yet so I'm hoping that the other 2 are female.

The good news is that one of the Light of Jah has preflowers with pistils. I am surprised that they are showing sex so early. :party::party::party::party::party::party::party: The rest of them are still not showing.

I'll be posting pictures later today or tomorrow.
:peace:

Congatulations on the female my dear friend. to hell with that dagnabbit male though! Glad you caught it before they started yellowing and pollinated the females. No smoking chronic when you order the seeds next time! :peacetwo:

PICTURE UPDATE

JANUARY 31, 2011, DAY 18 VEG

I LST's all the plants today except for the males. As stated in my earlier post, 2 of the EWS turned out to be male. They were evicted from the flowering tent and moved them to 24 hour light in the veg cabinet. I'm going to keep 1 of them for breeding purposes. :blunt:

EWS 2 - MALE
EWS_2_1.jpg

EWS_2_3_Jan_31_2011.jpg

EWS_2_4_Jan_31_2011.jpg

EWS_2_Jan_31_2011.jpg

EWS 4 - MALE
EWS_4_1_Jan_31_2011.jpg

EWS_4_Jan_31_2011.jpg

Males separated in the veg cabinet
SAM_0178.jpg

I also discovered 2 FEMALES
LoJ 3 - FEMALE. It's difficult to see in this picture but it's a tiny pistil in a preflower showing.
LoJ_3_Jan_31_2011.jpg

LoJ 5 - FEMALE
LoJ_5_1_Jan_31_2011.jpg

LoJ_5_2_Jan_31_2011.jpg

LoJ_5_Jan_31_2011.jpg

Here they all are LST'd
SAM_0177.jpg

:peacetwo:

Beautiful Setup and Super Clean I hope that LOJ brings nothing but pure happiness :goodjob:

Liftd:smokin:

Shame you got males.. Could always hermie a plant and make yourself some feminized seeds but then again you might just end up with permanent herm genetics(ya I don't actually know how it works just read everywhere that feminized seeds are made from forcing a plant to go herm... but it can't really be that easy) But if you can figure it out.. you were going to seed a girl anyways.

Hey Rocket sorry about the balls but good news on the pistils!

Sounds like my brain cramp when I ordered the wrong light setup lol. Chronic and on-line shopping can be hazardous to your wallet :)

Loving your grow room and mixing it up with the peppers lol seems our grows have similarities, it will be good to compare the JH with you LOJ so I subscribed :thumb:

High and thanks for stopping by. I will follow your grow as well. :cheer:

Beautiful Setup and Super Clean I hope that LOJ brings nothing but pure happiness :goodjob:
Liftd:smokin:

High LL, and :welcome: I am hoping the same thing. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Shame you got males.. Could always hermie a plant and make yourself some feminized seeds but then again you might just end up with permanent herm genetics(ya I don't actually know how it works just read everywhere that feminized seeds are made from forcing a plant to go herm... but it can't really be that easy) But if you can figure it out.. you were going to seed a girl anyways.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll keep a male and mate it with the females. I wonder if the genetics are stable. :wood:

Hey Rocket sorry about the balls but good news on the pistils!

Sounds like my brain cramp when I ordered the wrong light setup lol. Chronic and on-line shopping can be hazardous to your wallet :)

Hello my friend, are you harvesting yet?

Balls will happen so I'm not worried about it. My mistake actually turned out to be alright because now I can do some breeding too. I'm sure I will lose some more of my babies to balls. I'm hoping for 5 females out of 9. That would be alright. :cheer:

I think that herming a plant out i.e light stress, turning your light on for 1 hour during the 12 hour dark period, may very well create some unstable genetics due to the stress.

Although it may also be stressful it seems to me that letting the plant go past its maturity point in budding, it creates small male bananas that can be collected and stored full of polen. These polen sacks are created in preperation for the plants death, it produces asexually to avoid the end of that strain as a defense mechanism. After saving your pollen get another crop or another plant shortly behind your current and spread some pollen on a single bud or 2, cover with plastic bags and presto feminized seeds!

I think that herming a plant out i.e light stress, turning your light on for 1 hour during the 12 hour dark period, may very well create some unstable genetics due to the stress.

Although it may also be stressful it seems to me that letting the plant go past its maturity point in budding, it creates small male bananas that can be collected and stored full of polen. These polen sacks are created in preperation for the plants death, it produces asexually to avoid the end of that strain as a defense mechanism. After saving your pollen get another crop or another plant shortly behind your current and spread some pollen on a single bud or 2, cover with plastic bags and presto feminized seeds!

High Blazin, thanks for your input. I've read about females growing bananas if they are left to grow too long. It's very interesting. Not sure if I'm going to do that because I'm OK with growing non-feminized seeds. Stay tuned. I have the space to breed them so I will post everything in this journal. :slide:

Hello my friend, are you harvesting yet?

Balls will happen so I'm not worried about it. My mistake actually turned out to be alright because now I can do some breeding too. I'm sure I will lose some more of my babies to balls. I'm hoping for 5 females out of 9. That would be alright. :cheer:

Hey Rocket! They're still going, I put in the cmh light today. They're getting close, I'm watching the trichs.

I like different strains and probably won't do more than one grow a year, but it would be awesome to grow a bunch of your own seeds of a great strain.

Good luck and 5 or more girls.... yes!

Back
Top Bottom