Looking for a strain or strains that can handle high temps, humidity & rain in outdoor grow!

I was thinking the opposite... that they were from northern latitudes. I like phyto's thinking... go tropical, african even...
Yes. I was under the impression that the Ruderails were native to Russia and the areas near there where the summer seasons were shorter and often a bit cooler. It was the original 'autoflower' so it would start flowering earlier in the season so the plant would finish with mature seeds by the time winter freezing temperatures became the norm. Today the 'autoflower' plants that are all the rage were developed by cross-breeding with Ruderails.

Just what I remember reading several years ago.

Some of the Mexican or South American Sativas or crosses of them probably similar climate (Panama Red, Columbian, Oaxacan, Michoacán, etc...). I have heard the Michoacán is a mold resistant strain, but I haven't grown the cross of it that I have yet.

Uk cheese will handle it! My 1st grow was u.c and i made all the mistakes but done really well on weigh day and my humidity/temps was always to high, my gelato are 3 weeks away from hanging and i cant keep rh below 80% lol they look great. temps are lower now. You could even email the bank you order your beans through and see what they recommend. I recommend uk cheese to anyone who wants a easy grow with quality and weight. They are easy to grow and nothing really bothered them, topping, training, cloning i didnt use ph or ppm metres. At 1 stage i had ×2 400w hps and a 600w in a 4×8 foot with 8 of them and i tried everything with them. It took me almost 5 pulls every month i give them over 2 months in veg then nearly 5 months of flower

SE LA, hot humid during summer although early spring it is pleasant. Looking for some strains that i can experiment with. thanks.
NE okla.. I am growing nypd7ft+.golden bear 7ft+purplekushover6ft+peyote critical6ft..sour D LST6ftdiax2ft. Only one maui wowie and she won't flower yet.. peace.love n.chickingrease.good luck

Most Sativa will do well in the lower Mississippi valley, The Indica's are prone to bud rot and have more problems growing in the hot and very humid climates, in general. Some crosses have done well, I am told. I have not grown any outdoors in 30 years, due to air "surveys", routinely done here in my area. I have grown a half dozen "heirloom" varieties, at least , of Sativa plants, successfully outdoors, in very hot , humid locations near the Mississippi river in the south. Panama Red, Thai, Jamaican, several Mexican varieties and Columbian all did well here ! BTW, quantities of good seeds were hard to come by, in the 1960's , 70's and even the 80's, around here and there was no internet! I did grow some good Afghan Indica buds outside, but many plants had bud rot or simply died(about 50% didn't make it). Upland, in the hills of Tennessee(further from the big river too), Indica does much, much, better, but Sativa still shines in the south. Our climate almost mirrors the gulf coast up to about Memphis, near the river. Typical summer humidity over 50 %, up to 90%(at times) without it raining, and summer temps reaching into the mid 90's to over 100 degrees, typical. Of the few Indica varieties , I tried, they seldom thrived, had bud rot and often did not make it! Some light, filtered shade in the afternoon, helps here(but full sun up till then). I suggest trying several varieties in your plantings and not putting all your hope in one. Experiment and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom