Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Hey folks,

I know a lot of you already make hash. I also know that many of you may be interested in learning how to make some hash. A few years ago I took some pics during the process so I'll share them here for any of you that may want to give it a try. This is only one way to do it as there are many. It's an easy process and allows you to get the max out of your harvests. Give it a try.

You'll need (2) 5 gallon buckets, (1) 7 pound bag of ice, a drill, a paint mixer head for the drill, a fine strainer(Wal Mart has them), some wax paper, some small tubing to siphon with, a big jar, some frozen trim.

hash_tools.jpg

Fill one 5 gallon bucket 3/4 of the way and then add a bag of ice

hash_water.jpg
hash_ice.jpg
hash_icwatr.jpg

Add in your trim

hash_trim.jpg

Get the lid and drill a hole in it just big enough to allow the shaft of the mixer to get through. Attach the mixer, pop the lid on, and mix for 10 minutes.

hash_drill1.jpg
hash_drill2.jpg

After mixing, scoop out the trim and squeeze the moisture out of it back into the bucket.

hash_screen.jpg

Then, get the 2nd 5 gallon bucket and sit the strainer on top of the 2nd bucket. Then pour the fist bucket through the strainer, and into the 2nd bucket. Do this 4 to 5 times, cleaning off the screen after every pour. After about the 5th pour through, the majority of the trim will be extracted.

hash_pourthru.jpg
hash_pour1st.jpg
hash_pourlast.jpg

Once the filtering is done, let the bucket sit for 4 hours or longer. This will allow all the trichomes to settle on the bottom of the bucket. Then, siphon out the majority of the bucket with some 1/2" tubing, until there's a gallon or so left. Pour what's left into your big jar. Once it's in the jar, let it settle for another 2-4 hours. You'll see the golden ring form at the bottom. Those are the trichomes.

hash_injar.jpg

After it settles, siphon off the water with a small piece of tubing

hash_finalsiphon.jpg

Siphon it right down to just above the trichs but be careful not to get so close that you start siphoning them out. Pour the remainder into a wax paper lined bowl that's in front of a fan and under a light. You can use a turkey baster to suck off as much water as possible for quicker drying.

hash_drystat.jpg
hash_drytime.jpg

After a day or two it'll start to dry. You can either flatten it or work it into a ball.

hash_almdry.jpg
hash_closer.jpg
hash_30gwet.jpg

gumby3.JPG

and finally

hsh.JPG

Good growing everyone.

I see back on page 13 you show the length of your clones and I wonder how much of the stem do you bury? Correct me if I'm wrong but you just grow the clone roots until they touch the bottom of the 2L and that's what makes them ready for the 2L ?

I'm somewhat new to the site and have been basically lurking and reading while doing my ghetto grow until tax return rolls in to start a proper grow room,lol. Will definitely be going this route by end of year when I get a few mothers going.Thanks for all the great information.

Damn bro, think that's my favorite ice hash how-to I've seen to date!! And I hate those dang bags, takes hours for the last bag to drain.... Thank God for power tools, and the herbal motivation to put our lazy asses into thinking mode.

I see back on page 13 you show the length of your clones and I wonder how much of the stem do you bury? Correct me if I'm wrong but you just grow the clone roots until they touch the bottom of the 2L and that's what makes them ready for the 2L ?

I'm somewhat new to the site and have been basically lurking and reading while doing my ghetto grow until tax return rolls in to start a proper grow room,lol. Will definitely be going this route by end of year when I get a few mothers going.Thanks for all the great information.

You're welcome. I bury quite a bit of the stem, sometimes 3 or more inches. I want the roots circling the bottom of the res when I bury the clones.

placing.JPG
planted_1.JPG

420fied,
I've been catching up on your journals and using them as a way to find your readers' journals too. Long story short, BIG FAN of all you guys here on 420mag. This is one of the best, comprehensive and approachable resources online for growing. You've built a great community here. I had to join so I could share my gratitude. Really, all around.

Several pages back you mentioned trying out different strains, and it seems several others here are growing SOG/Hempy style like me. I was wondering if anybody else had experience with a strain that worked well for this? I just purchased some seeds from Sensi (nevermind the BS involved in getting them into the US) based on the article at the link below, it seems Pheno B would be ideal when striving for GPW per time... Hopefully I get a mother out of one of them!

Jack Herer | Sensi Seeds English Blog

Thoughts anyone?

420fied,
I've been catching up on your journals and using them as a way to find your readers' journals too. Long story short, BIG FAN of all you guys here on 420mag. This is one of the best, comprehensive and approachable resources online for growing. You've built a great community here. I had to join so I could share my gratitude. Really, all around.

Jack Herer | Sensi Seeds English Blog

Thoughts anyone?

I know right. Welcome SPSailor to :420: my favorite website and online family . As for the Jack I have not grown it. nor have i used the method you described. I have smoke and vaped and ate a lot of it, its damn good.

Agreed. Thanks for the welcome.

JH is a long time favorite smoke as it is an A+ for it's qualities both medicinally and recreationally. I'm really looking forward to growing it myself.

I forgot to ask, what other strains are you considering 420fied? Does anyone know of a strain that DOESN'T work well? I've definitely had some losers with SOG, maybe we can save you some headache.

Agreed. Thanks for the welcome.

JH is a long time favorite smoke as it is an A+ for it's qualities both medicinally and recreationally. I'm really looking forward to growing it myself.

I forgot to ask, what other strains are you considering 420fied? Does anyone know of a strain that DOESN'T work well? I've definitely had some losers with SOG, maybe we can save you some headache.

I haven't really narrowed down the choices but this Spring I will likely order something new to add to the mix. All I have ever SOG'd with is Snow White.

A strain that wants to throw a single, thick, main cola without much side branching is what I'm looking for. Thanks for stopping by.

I haven't really narrowed down the choices but this Spring I will likely order something new to add to the mix. All I have ever SOG'd with is Snow White.

A strain that wants to throw a single, thick, main cola without much side branching is what I'm looking for. Thanks for stopping by.

In a couple more months, I might be able to help with strain selection. I have 9 different strains growing from seed. So far, there are already a couple that exhibit the traits you're looking for. I'm growing big bushes this grow, but the plan is to do SOG in this room once I select mothers and start cloning. Ironically, the best strains for my SOG will not be my best producers in this seed batch. I think the lanky strains, with more sativa, are going to out grow all my shorter indica ladies, but that doesn't mean they will become my best mommies for a SOG. I can tell you now that I don't think the White Widow or the Bubbleicious will make good SOG candidates. I know some folks think they are excellent for SOGs, but mine all have longer internodal lengths and are my bushiest plants. I've forced all of my plants to bush out, but there are a couple strains that are certainly resisting! Those might make good SOG mothers.

It will be another couple months (I will be flipping to 12/12 in the next week or so), but you can be sure I will be discussing which of the 9 strains I think are best suited for SOG since I plan to use the SOG style as well.

EDIT:
I just read the link about the Jack Herer strain. That is the strain I was most interested in growing when I started thinking about which strains to order. I ended up not ordering it due to the cost. In hindsight, I should have just ordered it since I remember it as the best smoke I've ever had. Those seeds are expensive though. My most expensive strain was still only half the cost of JH! I'm gonna have to order some JH seeds when I decide to try out some new strains.

You should check into TGA Subcool's Qleaner, Bro, AWESOME SOG plant. Clones easily too.. Just sayin.....

420fied wow man, that clonex gel really makes a difference. Granted I've never cloned this strain before, could be a fast rooter? Roots in 5 days! I suspect some of them will need their 2L home by day 8 tops! This is insane. The strain is Lucy from barney's btw.
Cheers on the info and helpful journals brotha.

:party:

Ok strains bad for SOG out of the 18 I had (my phenos) only one bean per strain
BAD Exodus cheese really branchy tons of long fast growing undergrowth.
Fruity Chronic juice grew like Exo cheese
Veneno strecthy as all get out
Pink Plant long and not very compact
Monster good for scrog but lots of undergrowth
Hammerhead (hermie issues)
AMS good for bushes bud doesnt stack close like other goos SOG strains
Og Kush too much strecth tons of it!
Moby di k very branchy mutated leaves
MK Ultra ok just leafy structure
The Church wierd 3 leaf sets in flower and every clone not very stable imo
Kalashnikova leafy also and hermie issues

GOOD SOG strains