Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

jan13_sogtops.JPG

:adore: :adore: :adore: Hey FIED thats just sick havent had that nice full table or tent like you yet but hopefully in the near future and getting the right strain is very very important when growing the way we do Ive spent almost a year sorting through 18 strains to find a good one but without you guys and this site the frustration would have overtaken me a long time ago! So heres a huge :thanks:

Mr. GMT

Your girls are looking damn fine! I have one 2L hempy I'm testing out to see if it like it. I may be late, but I'm subbed! :D

Have any of you tried white berry from paradise seeds? I can't get it off my mind. It looks really good. It says it has a single cola dominance. Gonna have to give it a shot. I'll have to get some seeds next order.

420fied, first off, you are a true badass. I've read all of your journals on this site and just wow. Your Aero journal made me register to this site, so thanks and my first post is for you. :thanks:

So I have a question for you. I just got some fem seeds of kosher kush and west coast sour diesel from dna and I am looking for how you germinate your seeds or when you last did. If you can give me this info, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll have to do that and then grow out the mothers before I can start replicating your grow in a 4x4 area for flowering. I'm planning on using a 600 watt bulb as well for flowering and setting up the dripper system that you mentioned earlier in this journal by Xare.

One more question before I go... What type of lighting do you use in your mother room. Also is the mother room the same as your cloning room? If they're different, what type of light do you use in the cloaning room?

Once again, thanks again for all the awesome journals that you have here and I'm glad I'm along for this awesome grow. Here's hoping your buds grow big and dense! :bravo:

20130125_023205.jpg
20130125_023137.jpg
20130125_023043.jpg

Think I figured out how to post pics! This is my chernobyl. 3 1/2 weeks into flower. She's 20" tall and was started 12/12 from clone. I didn't do ny training or trimming to her. Does she look ok? This is my first grow and everything I've learned is from you amazing people. Thanks again.

ROCKIN THE BPN!!!

Damn...sorry about the sideways pics...

so ive been thinking about a strain that would suit u for ur grow style and was unsure. But the strain was pretty much staring me in the face. I grew sleestack skunk last year and there was no side branching at all. it was just main colas. i'd trained it to have just 2 expecting it to branch. but it didnt and instead i was left with 2 nice long heads with very little foliage, would be absolutely ideal for sog. i grew it in a 6.5 litre air pot and vegged (from germination of seed) 3 weeks and flowered in 8 weeks. obviously u'd be looking to mother it first but from seed in 3 weeks with 8 weeks flower with little training i got this........oh and it was under 1 600w hps with 11 A.M.S plants too.

2012-10-23_14_55_31.jpg

2012-10-22_14_09_50.jpg

unfortunately i dont have a pic of the plant, but u get an idea. this was just thrown in amongst my regular grow as an after thought and it didnt suit my grow style. i like bushy plants. but for sog this be great and its nice smoke too.

so ive been thinking about a strain that would suit u for ur grow style and was unsure. But the strain was pretty much staring me in the face. I grew sleestack skunk last year and there was no side branching at all. it was just main colas. i'd trained it to have just 2 expecting it to branch. but it didnt and instead i was left with 2 nice long heads with very little foliage, would be absolutely ideal for sog. i grew it in a 6.5 litre air pot and vegged (from germination of seed) 3 weeks and flowered in 8 weeks. obviously u'd be looking to mother it first but from seed in 3 weeks with 8 weeks flower with little training i got this........oh and it was under 1 600w hps with 11 A.M.S plants too.

2012-10-23_14_55_31.jpg

2012-10-22_14_09_50.jpg

unfortunately i dont have a pic of the plant, but u get an idea. this was just thrown in amongst my regular grow as an after thought and it didnt suit my grow style. i like bushy plants. but for sog this be great and its nice smoke too.

Thanks cult! That looks very much like what I'm looking for. I will definitely keep sleestack skunk in mind. What seed bank does this strain come from?

420fied, first off, you are a true badass. I've read all of your journals on this site and just wow. Your Aero journal made me register to this site, so thanks and my first post is for you. :thanks:

So I have a question for you. I just got some fem seeds of kosher kush and west coast sour diesel from dna and I am looking for how you germinate your seeds or when you last did. If you can give me this info, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll have to do that and then grow out the mothers before I can start replicating your grow in a 4x4 area for flowering. I'm planning on using a 600 watt bulb as well for flowering and setting up the dripper system that you mentioned earlier in this journal by Xare.

One more question before I go... What type of lighting do you use in your mother room. Also is the mother room the same as your cloning room? If they're different, what type of light do you use in the cloaning room?

Once again, thanks again for all the awesome journals that you have here and I'm glad I'm along for this awesome grow. Here's hoping your buds grow big and dense! :bravo:

First let me say thanks for the kind words. I'm glad my journals have been a good read for you.

The way I germ seeds is VERY simple. I use the water method.

I simply grab a coffee cup, fill it with water, and drop my seeds in. In 2 to 3 days they'll crack and the tap root will poke out. Once the tap root has extended itself out approx 1/4 to 1/2", I bury them. I've tried a bunch of different germing techniques and have found this one to work best (highest success ratio) for me.

cup_dirt.JPG
popd_seed.JPG
seed_bury.JPG
seed_done.JPG

popped_1.jpg

I even authored a thread about it which you can read here

The easiest way to germ seeds - Water method

Also, I have (2) T5 Hi output 4 bulb flouros over my Mother plants in my veg room. I don't have any lighting over my cloners. The lights in my flower room are 600 watt HPS units. Two different rooms.

veg_clone_room.JPG

I like those aerocloners. I've always used rockwool and I'm about to try rapid rooters. I'm gonna have to build one of those, but maybe for the next batch.

What was your reason for a 4 lamp fixture vs 6 or 8 lamps? Cost, heat, power consumption, footprint?

Does that attic get hot in the summer? I guess it's better to veg there than flower huh?

Back
Top Bottom