Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I wasn't happy with the constancy. I used 1oz beeswax to 16 oz oil. That is only 6.25%. I melted it back down and added another .3 oz beeswax. That brings it up to 8%. I will let you know after it sets. :circle-of-love::peace:

And if that doesn't work, you may consider adding some hard oils, like shea butter or some mango butter, both of which cool to a much harder consistency than GSO alone even with beeswax. Both of these oils ae skin loving oils. Use very little of the shea butter ffor a little goes a long way and can leave a greasy film if used above 2% or so. You can use much more of the mango butter, say up to 6%. The combination of the two will leave the skin lovely, softened and supple and you'll even want to use it on your knobby knees by the time you're done!!!

Remember, it's a question of learning, and your goal was t o learn whether GWO could be inffused with cannabis and provide a better carrier for your precious cannabinoids. Figure that out first before needing to create te perfect bar. Now that you know that GSO canbe infused and soon you'll find out that it acts as a beetter carrier than coconut oil, then you can begin formulating a bar that contains infused GSO in it with other oils and butters that will get you the consistency you seek and desire.

Keep your eye on th eprize ahead and your feet firmly planted in experimentation.

Magnus8, great thread! :circle-of-love:

has anyone used DMSO(its produced as by-product of paper industry) with cannabis before?
I have a pt.bottle, purchased on The River under 10$, yr ago..never used it.

curious to play with it and cannabis..

I have played with it a little. Not is this latest batch. I have also started taking it orally. Not sure if is helping yet and not sure I am going to continue. It gives an odd odor coming off me now and it doesn't smell the same to anyone. I have been told it smells like garlic,carrots, olives, spoiled milk. Who knows. I have tried several things to cover the smell but it still comes through. I have not noticed it on my wife when she used the cream with the DMSO in it topically. Only when I take it orally. I would start with a small amount. My last batch had 1oz DMSO added to 8 oz finished cream.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I have a feeling what I want to accomplish will be difficult. I'm looking to do enough testing to make at least a 30℅ active cannabinoid rub and also lotion. I have a feeling the cannabis oil, will at that strength, be rather sticky.

It may very well be. Is there à way of making your cannabis oil more potent, possibly, so that you could add less of it into your formulation and your final formulation would still be as potent as with 30%? Maybe we can all learn a way to add decarboxylated Kiev into the oil after it is cooked? Don't flame me! It's only a suggestion... Hmmmmm. But maybe....…

Magnus8, great thread! :circle-of-love:

has anyone used DMSO(its produced as by-product of paper industry) with cannabis before?
I have a pt.bottle, purchased on The River under 10$, yr ago..never used it.

curious to play with it and cannabis..

Hey DrZiggy,

Have you seen my post about acronyms? I am asking everyone to use common English language usage when using written acronyms. That would have us all spelling out fully the words wherein the acronym is derived. I know it is ardurous and a royal pain, but it allows everyone, including the newcomer to our threads, to understand everything everyone is saying,

Please don't thing I'm rude. I'm just trying to help everyone who comes her.

As for using DSMO, hell I don't even know what it is!

It may very well be. Is there à way of making your cannabis oil more potent, possibly, so that you could add less of it into your formulation and your final formulation would still be as potent as with 30%? Maybe we can all learn a way to add decarboxylated Kiev into the oil after it is cooked? Don't flame me! It's only a suggestion... Hmmmmm. But maybe....…

I meant to write "Kief" not kiev. Stupid autocorrect.

It may very well be. Is there à way of making your cannabis oil more potent, possibly, so that you could add less of it into your formulation and your final formulation would still be as potent as with 30%? Maybe we can all learn a way to add decarboxylated Kiev into the oil after it is cooked? Don't flame me! It's only a suggestion... Hmmmmm. But maybe.......
Well I really won't know till I start testing. I plan on sending in a flower this week and some tincture later. I want to process about 20 ounces of flowers into a litre of tincture. Then I'll test that and come up with an amount I need to infuse a carrier oil for the desired percentage and see what it's like.

First of all (and I knew we'd come up against this issue sooner rather than late) can we stick to common English language conventions regarding acronyms, please?

The proper way to use an acronym in written text is to spell out the words and then, after the words, and in parentheses, spell out the acronym. For example:

He went to WalMart to buy some more concentrated cannabis oil (CCO), but the store was out.

This allows for:
1). Less confusion,
2). Clearer and cleaner communication, and
3). Beginners to our boards and rooms time to learn our lingo.

After using the acronym in this manner in the first place, you may then feel free to use the acronym alone.

Please, it will help the newcomer a lot.

Okay, jingo, so what is "QWET" and ETOH".

Reading past these acronyms, I believe you are making extractions for use in edibles. In this room we are studying how to producevtopical lotions, creams and body butters -- not edible butter. You may be confused a bit.

The kind of extraction you are performing would be unsuitable for topical application as it would be very harsh, burning and drying.

I believe that is the correct method : defining the acronym at least once in a while. I use lotion and creams for yanking my wad (YMW) . I like hemp grease (HG) but the carrier may only be vasoline. I hate when lotion gets dried out too soon and prefer a longer lasting cream. Sorry for sounding like a jerk. I also use for seborrheic dermatitis (SB) . Unfortunately those dermatitis yeast bugs (TDYB) thrive on all kinds of oils and the oil gets on my eyeglasses . From what I have read TDYB cannot thrive on medium chain triglycerides( MCT). Is that what you refer to as fractionated coco oil (FCO)? ?? Are there other low carbon oils(LCO) other than FCO that would be good for SB as u said coco oil (CO) is not a good carrier ? Peace on campus. (POC)

Hey DrZiggy,

Have you seen my post about acronyms? I am asking everyone to use common English language usage when using written acronyms. That would have us all spelling out fully the words wherein the acronym is derived. I know it is ardurous and a royal pain, but it allows everyone, including the newcomer to our threads, to understand everything everyone is saying,

Please don't thing I'm rude. I'm just trying to help everyone who comes her.

As for using DSMO, hell I don't even know what it is!

sorry :circle-of-love:

Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO)

:)

I believe that is the correct method : defining the acronym at least once in a while. I use lotion and creams for yanking my wad (YMW) . I like hemp grease (HG) but the carrier may only be vasoline. I hate when lotion gets dried out too soon and prefer a longer lasting cream. Sorry for sounding like a jerk. I also use for seborrheic dermatitis (SB) . Unfortunately those dermatitis yeast bugs (TDYB) thrive on all kinds of oils and the oil gets on my eyeglasses . From what I have read TDYB cannot thrive on medium chain triglycerides( MCT). Is that what you refer to as fractionated coco oil (FCO)? ?? Are there other low carbon oils(LCO) other than FCO that would be good for SB as u said coco oil (CO) is not a good carrier ? Peace on campus. (POC)

I'm only trying to help the newcomers to the site. I remember when I first came to this site and had to read through all the acronyms and felt completely lost because of all the acronyms. It was well nigh impossible to understand what people were saying on here. i had a terrible time trying to decipher what the hell was going on in the language.

DrZiggy, if you felt I was being rude, I'm very sorry, but your acronyms made it impossible for me to understand what you were talking about.

There is always specialized language engaged whenever someone comes to a new discipline, and this is a new discipline for many.

Let's just try to make the language comprehensible for all.

Again, DrZiggy, I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude. I never meant to be.

Enough said.

I'm only trying to help the newcomers to the site. I remember when I first came to this site and had to read through all the acronyms and felt completely lost because of all the acronyms. It was well nigh impossible to understand what people were saying on here. i had a terrible time trying to decipher what the hell was going on in the language.

DrZiggy, if you felt I was being rude, I'm very sorry, but your acronyms made it impossible for me to understand what you were talking about.

There is always specialized language engaged whenever someone comes to a new discipline, and this is a new discipline for many.

Let's just try to make the language comprehensible for all.

Again, DrZiggy, I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude. I never meant to be.

Enough said.

Thank you, I didn't take it as rude at all :circle-of-love:

your thread; im a guest; having all on same page is good :)

:Namaste:

Results of the new cream: The constancy with 8% beeswax is better. It is more gelatinous then my previous versions, but there is much less BW. The effectiveness of the cream seems to be far superior to the last version. As promised, the GSO absorbs very well and seems to pull the cannabinoids deeper into the tissue. I used it on my knee last night and woke with almost no pain. I put it on my wife's back and shoulders last night and she woke with much reduced pain and stiffness this AM. Maybe a few more tweaks here and there, but I think we have a winner here!!! Thanks for the help Magnus!!! +reps :circle-of-love::peace:

DrZiggy,

I have never used dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) with cannabis before, but I've never used anything with cannabis but my bong and copious numbers of rolling papers!

Seriously, I was reading on wikipedia (and we all know how inaccurate it can be) that it can be a mild oxidant. Would that harm the cannabinoids that are so precious to our concoctions? I don't know, just posing a question.

I"m wondering what you would want to use it for? To what purpose(s) would it be helpful?

Thank you, I didn't take it as rude at all :circle-of-love:

your thread; im a guest; having all on same page is good :)

:Namaste:

Thanks so much. I appreciate your understanding. I just remember being an absolute newcomer to this site and finding it almost impossible to understand so much of what was being written. I still find it hard, as you can tell from my not understanding what "DMSO" was!

Results of the new cream: The constancy with 8% beeswax is better. It is more gelatinous then my previous versions, but there is much less BW. The effectiveness of the cream seems to be far superior to the last version. As promised, the GSO absorbs very well and seems to pull the cannabinoids deeper into the tissue. I used it on my knee last night and woke with almost no pain. I put it on my wife's back and shoulders last night and she woke with much reduced pain and stiffness this AM. Maybe a few more tweaks here and there, but I think we have a winner here!!! Thanks for the help Magnus!!! +reps :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey SG,

You are so very, very welcome. Hopefully with some more tweaks, you'll have a cream/butter that will not only be effective, but that you will be proud to use, proud to share, proud to have made with your own two hands.

Now, what kinds of tweaks were you thinking of?

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken fucking record, would you mind from now on spelling out GSO the first time you use it in a post? Any one of us who have been following your path through this journey knows that you mean Grape Seed Oil, but I am concerned that we will be having an influx of people coming to this thread as word gets out about it, and they will have trouble knowing what GSO means the first time they read it.

As I said to DrZiggy and someone before him (cannot remember who right now) I'd like to follow common english language usage of acronyms on this thread so that everyone -- even newcomers to the site -- will be able to understand what the heck we are all saying.

And please don't take this as being rude. I'm not, in any way, trying to be rude to you.

I am only trying to increase how available our work it to others, even the newcomers.

Please understand.

And CONGRATULATIONS ON THE CREAM. Bravo! Libations poured all around (except it's only eight o'clock in the morning where I am...) Well, libations anyway. You deserve it for all the hard work!

Thanks so much. I appreciate your understanding. I just remember being an absolute newcomer to this site and finding it almost impossible to understand so much of what was being written. I still find it hard, as you can tell from my not understanding what "DMSO" was!

I still have a hard time with acronyms here, and I've been a member a while. LOL

NO ONE takes you as rude when you ask for the standard written word. It helps all of us.
This is a site full of great members who handle things as adults without getting their shorts in a bunch. No worries. :)

Hugs to you :hug: and hope you are doing well today! I'm going to adjust my amount of African Shea Butter and Coconut Oil in my bars this weekend. I have one more product I'm waiting on before I put the formula together for a test of the body scrub bars.

Congrats on the success SG! (supergroomer)

:circle-of-love:

DrZiggy,

I have never used dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) with cannabis before, but I've never used anything with cannabis but my bong and copious numbers of rolling papers!

Seriously, I was reading on wikipedia (and we all know how inaccurate it can be) that it can be a mild oxidant. Would that harm the cannabinoids that are so precious to our concoctions? I don't know, just posing a question.

I"m wondering what you would want to use it for? To what purpose(s) would it be helpful?

I like to try things :)
The Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) is used as a delivery/carrier system. It passes easily through the skin and carries what ever is on your skin directly into the body.

Hey SG,

Just because you've figured out your problem to getting the cannabinoids into the muscles, I hope this doesn't mean you'll leave us...

I expect full participation from you in this study hall for-freakin'-ever as long as you both shall live (you and your lovely wife-bot).

Seriously, now that you've figured out one of the main issues for your cream, I hope you'll stick around. Your participation is golden in here!

That is why you need Pharma grade DMSO and not what you can get in the hardware store. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey SG,

Just because you've figured out your problem to getting the cannabinoids into the muscles, I hope this doesn't mean you'll leave us...

I expect full participation from you in this study hall for-freakin'-ever as long as you both shall live (you and your lovely wife-bot).

Seriously, now that you've figured out one of the main issues for your cream, I hope you'll stick around. Your participation is golden in here!

Don't worry. I am like a bad rash. I never seem to go away. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom