Magnus8's Summer Outdoor Grow: Blueberry, White Widow, Green Crack

Hey All!

Hope you all are doing really well.

Dobby's puppies are 17 days old today. Here's a video of the swèet things feeding from 3 days ago.

I have decided to keep one and train it to be a working/service dog for myself. The training is already set up and the lady I will be working with to train my dog has told me not to worry about the money because she will help me fill out the form to get government grants to train my new dog.

I. Am. Thrilled.

I talked with her two days ago again when she called me to ask how the litter of puppies were doing. I was supposed to wait for her assessment of the pups so that I could choose the best puppy for the job. However, I seem to be falling in love with one of them in particular. He is the little male with the white paws and little white tail and the White streak sliding down his face. I adore this little guy. I am not sure why, exactly, but he's so damned cute you just want to eat him right up. He's the quietest of the bunch and when I hold him he just snuggles into the crook of my arm and goes to sleep there. I tell you, I adore this puppy.

I was supposed to wait until the evaluation of the whole litter before choosing the most appropriate puppy for myself, but you know what? I really don't give a shit right now which is the best puppy. All I know right now is that I am bonding with this little guy and putting a lot of eggs in one untested basket! But he is so damned sweet. When i spoke with the trainer she indicated that I could, obviously, keep the best one to train as a service dog. But I don't just want a working dog. I want a dog I am fully bonded with who is also my working dog.

I'm sure that isn't too much to ask.

Okay. Onto the garden...

These first few pics are of one of my Blueberry plant about 3 weeks into bloom. Flowers, pistils and cannabinoids -- oh My! Enjoy.

Looking good, eh? I'm pleased.

These next few pics are of my Green Crack that I put to bloom again about 3 weeks ago. Apparently the Blueberry should take about 8 weeks to fully ripen, whereas it takes the Green Cracks about 10 weeks for those flowers to fully ripen. Anyway, here is the Green Crack that is currently flowering.

Again, nice results, eh?

Okay so the next few pics are of my cadre of Blueberry plants. They are really easy to grow, not as temperamental as the White Widows which were hard to keep them alive during the seedling stage. I have decided to grow inside this winter in addition to this summer grow and so soon enough I'll start rooting clones for the inside grow. I'm very afraid, looking at my Green Cracks, that I may not have enough high thc plants for my topical oil that relieves the pain so well. I don't know what I will do if I run out of high thc weed this year. This is my primary means of consumption and without the ingredients for this topical ( the high thc weed ) I will suffer a great deal more than I already do.

So let's take a look at those pics, eh?

They are getting soooo big!

I had some problems with the garden today, though. We had really high winds yet again yesterday and several branches on one of my bigger Blueberry plants were broken almost clean off. Rather than trying to repair this plant I have decided to leave it as I found it this morning and just hope that there is still enough connection between the main stalk and these broken branches, enough of a connection that the branches might continue to be fed enough nutrition for buds to form on these broken branches. We will see, right? Here are what the branches look like after breaking from the stalk.

In this pic you can see all the branches that have broken, lying together at the bottom of the pot.

These next beauties are my Green Cracks. When planting I ran out of soil and containers so I planted two small plants in one large pot to just hold until I could pick up more supplies. Well, I never did get more supplies so I now have two plants (green cracks both) growing side by side in the same pot. Now it just looks like one huge plant that is overtaking The pot!

Pretty sweet looking "plant" right?

Here are the rest of the Green Cracks.

And last are my 3 White Widows.

So there you have my garden as she stands tall and proud today.

Hope you've enjoyed the update.

Best,
Magnus

it sounds to me like you have found your puppy! I love dogs, my lady claims I love ours more than I do her.... Which some days might be true... Lol Cant wait to see those beauties grow.... Puppies and plants... By the way, you could clip those broken blueberry limbs and make clones of them from there... Just some food for thought!

hope you're having a great day, play with the pups for me!

You can definitely fix the broken blueberry. Just get some stakes and some masking tape. Shove the stakes in near the edge of the planter box, prop the branch up again it and use the masking tape to hold the branch to the stake. The wrap some masking tape around the branch where it meets the stalk, kind of like a band aid. Odds are it will reattach and grow just fine.

Hot wax dripped on those damaged points will work much like tape will. I generally use electric tap on small branches and hot wax on bigger branches. The hot wax will seal and protect the wound and then as it heals and grows, it will crack off.

Hey All,

Thanks for the ideas. I had never heard of the hot wax idea. You would need quite a bit of wax to accomplish that feat, no? Could you use a glue gun as Well, do you think. I've got a shitload of beeswax around for my soapmaking activities. Actually i seldom use the beeswax unless I'm making lip moisturizers or body butters or something like that. I never use wax in my soaps. And yes -- I obviously make my own homemade soap. I used to sell it too. So maybe I'll have to go digging in some boxes for that beeswax. And beeswax is notoriously hard so it should work on those branches beautifully. If I do manage that fix I'll take pics of it for the next round of pics.

So for those of you who know about my non existent career... I am a writer. My first non self published novel was published this past 22 May 18 to some very great reviews. Well, after writing Finding Max, the plan has always been to write two sequels so as to create a trilogy -- the Finding Max Trilogy.

Well, directly after writing Finding Max I began writing the sequel. I was able to finish about 64,000 words by the time I had to stop to put my full efforts into editing Finding Max with my editor.

Now I have time to write again -- and I'm thrilled about this! The first thing I have to do is finish up writing the sequel to Finding Max. Then the next thing to do would be to spend my energies, time and expertise to the next problem at hand: writing and developing Saving Max -- the third and final book in the sequence.

So anyway... what do I have for you today? Just a short video showing off my one Green Crack and my Blueberry plants that are both in bloom.

Have a great night everybody!!!

All my Best,
Magnus.

Good morning all!

And a beautiful sunny and warm day it is here in eastern Alberta.

For those of you interested, Dobby's pups are 21 days old today -- and are they ever made of piss and vinegar! And are they ever fun now that their personalities come through and as they play with each other.

Check out the video to see how cute the little buggers reaļly are.

So I was out getting some new pics today and should have them posted by the end of the evening so please check back later today. And while you're here how about just checking in and saying HI.
Best,
Magnus

And damnit -- aren't those puppies just the sweetest things? I sure do think so!

Good morning all!

And a beautiful sunny and warm day it is here in eastern Alberta.

For those of you interested, Dobby's pups are 21 days old today -- and are they ever made of piss and vinegar! And are they ever fun now that their personalities come through and as they play with each other.

Check out the video to see how cute the little buggers reaļly are.

As for Finding Max... no, I have no idea how sales are going. The publisher gives my my measly royalty cheque at the ends of July and January. And even those won't give me a complete picture because of so many extenuating circumstances. Time will tell. There is so so much yet to come...

If any of you are interested in learning more about Finding Max, my new novel, then here's the Amazon link that will give you the synopsis, reader reviews and so much more. It is written under my pseudonym -- Darren M. Jorgensen --

But let me take a flying leap and suggest that you came for the plants and not the book.... Amiright?

Okay. Here goes.

This first is my Blueberry that is about 3 weeks into blooming. I've got a few shots to see.

This next plant is a flowering Green Crack. This type has very high thc and is a sativa to boot. So I obviously won't be either smoking, vaping or eating anything with this type of cannabis. Strong sativas always make me paranoid.

But I'm not going to be investing this weed in any way except through my skin as these high thc sativas work brilliantly after being used to produce a topical oil that relieves pain brilliantly. Just. Bloody. Brilliantly!

So here are those beautiful Green Cracks...

This last pic is of one of my beautiful Blueberry plants. I was thinking of entering it into the Plant of the Month competition. Then I can enter next month when it is covered in flowers. And we all know just how much we love those flowers, right?

So have a wonderful day ahead of you. I was thinking about a couple of great books that I had recently read and I wanted to discuss them with you but have most certainly taken up too much of your time by now. So maybe I'll remember next time. Feel free to prod me if I forget. They were really wonderful finds.

Be well and all my Best,
Magnus.

Hi all. You wouldn't have wanted to be here these past 10 minutes or so. I'm not in a very pleasant mood, I'm afraid.

Last summer, all my harvest was riddled with seeds. Since I had used only feminized seeds everyone insisted that I had hermied my plants. I figured okay, whatever. And didn't think much of it.

Until today.

20180807_103625.jpg

This plant above in my one Blueberry already in flower mode.

20180807_103720.jpg

And this is my Green Crack in flower.

Notice anything similar in both (besides those resinous flowers growing on both)? Let me give you a subtle hint.

THE BOTH ARE GROWING FUCKING SEEDS!

Now there ain't no way that these plants have hermied. No possible way. No. Instead, I've come to the conclusion that, since marijuana doesn't grow wild in this part of the world, obviously some was gold neighbor is growing weed and not destroying his stupid males in time.

And I've got a pretty good idea which of my neighbors it could only be. The man is a wild card in many ways and he's certainly got enough land to grow in. Not to mention that, as the crow flies, his farm is only about a mile across the fields making it the most likely place that these flowers were impregnated from.

What a stupid ass. What a complete stupid ass if the idiot doesn't even know enough to uproot his males fer chrissakes.

Damnit I'm pissed right now.

Best,
Magnus

Puppies look great brother!!! Sorry to hear about the seeds. One of the inherent dangers of growing outdoors unfortunately my friend. Hopefully you will still get some decent buds off them!!

Sorry to hear about the seeds Magnus. Might turn out better than you planned like VS and pj mentioned though! Puppies look great and so do the plants.

Are you using the EZ-up frames to cover the plants to keep them in 12 hours of darkness? I did something similar with an outdoor plant I wanted to flip this spring. I built a PVC frame and covered it with a tarp to block the light, but it outstretched it so I had to carry the plant in the shed every night at 8:30! It must have worked because I got 6.3 ounces dried from it :).

Now's the time to grab clones because the days are getting shorter and even the uncovered ones are going to be throwing pistils any day now. Early in flower is the best time to monstercrop.

Oh, also...subbed!

Just checking in to say hi, magnus. Your plants sure have grown. Sad about the seeds though. I love your dogs, have you picked out a name for the fella your going to keep?

cheers. neighbors are usually assholes. I also am a recluse, but I like it.

Hi all. You wouldn't have wanted to be here these past 10 minutes or so. I'm not in a very pleasant mood, I'm afraid.

Last summer, all my harvest was riddled with seeds. Since I had used only feminized seeds everyone insisted that I had hermied my plants. I figured okay, whatever. And didn't think much of it.

Until today.

20180807_103625.jpg

This plant above in my one Blueberry already in flower mode.

20180807_103720.jpg

And this is my Green Crack in flower.

Notice anything similar in both (besides those resinous flowers growing on both)? Let me give you a subtle hint.

THE BOTH ARE GROWING FUCKING SEEDS!

Now there ain't no way that these plants have hermied. No possible way. No. Instead, I've come to the conclusion that, since marijuana doesn't grow wild in this part of the world, obviously some was gold neighbor is growing weed and not destroying his stupid males in time.

And I've got a pretty good idea which of my neighbors it could only be. The man is a wild card in many ways and he's certainly got enough land to grow in. Not to mention that, as the crow flies, his farm is only about a mile across the fields making it the most likely place that these flowers were impregnated from.

What a stupid ass. What a complete stupid ass if the idiot doesn't even know enough to uproot his males fer chrissakes.

Damnit I'm pissed right now.

Best,
Magnus
I may be going against the grain here, but those might just be swollen calyxes, have you popped one to see if there was in fact a seed? A bud is made from calyxes stacked on top of each other until it forms a bud.

Yep. First thing I did. Lots of tucking seeds all over the place. Same thin happened last year but at the time, since it was my 2nd grow ever and 1st 3ver outside, I thought I had fucked up and hermits them.

But this y3ar? No way I did anything wrong with them. Someone has males within a mile and I'm pretty sure I know who.

In fa
Just checking in to say hi, magnus. Your plants sure have grown. Sad about the seeds though. I love your dogs, have you picked out a name for the fella your going to keep?

cheers. neighbors are usually assholes. I also am a recluse, but I like it.

In fact, I have. I was trying to come up with a suitable name for him and thinking of naming him after z Harry Potter character, like my two other dogs. As I was trying to decide, I was saying to him, "Come with Me, Sweetpea, whenever I'd pick him up or soothing him with my voice while I was holding him, saying, "It's Okay, Sweetpea, Daddy's got you." And shit like that. Then it struck me that I had already named him with a name that was dear to my heart. Like you call something that when you love them immensely and you are going to take care of them.

So my baby's name is Sweetpea. I've held him so much since he was born that at just 3 weeks old and barely walking, he comes to greet me when I walk in the room. It is really amazing and I believe I have been gifted with an animal that will bond entirely with me just like his mother has these past 11 years. The difference is that Sweetpea will be trained to work with me whereas Dobby never was trained in any way.

The puppies are walking rather well now. In a few days I promise to post another video of them since they are rough housing and playing every moment they are neither sucking their mommy's teat or sleeping the sleep of the unencumbered.

Cheers!
Magnus.

H'lo all,

How's everyone doing after this past gloriously wet weekend?

All is fine for me. Had a family reunion on my father's side this past weekend and had a great time. Only downer the whole weekend was that my father showed up along with all of my wonderful family bringing down the calibre of the festivities considerably. But it did give me a chance to gift the old man with a copy of Finding Max, my latest novel, shove it into his face so he had to take a copy from me. Then he actually had the gall to say out loud in front of everyone, "I will read it and give it to your sister to give back to you when I'm done." To which I said out loud, "It's your own copy to keep." To which he said absolutely nothing. Not even thank you.

Oh well. I guess I never expected that my book would ever heal those old wounds. As it is, because there is one very unlikable character who may or may not be modelled on my father. I suppose everyone including my father will think I wrote my father into my book.

Court case anyone?

Actually the character is modelled upon myself. My middle name is Maynard and my father's first name is the same because I am named after him. So is this very unlikable character in Finding Max. And since this character is also named Maynard... well things could get confusing. Regardless I suspect the old man is just too old to want to begin a court battle. Besides I have to save my pennies so that I can challenge the will when it comes time. Because a long time ago this incredibly nasty man cut me of all of his five children from his will -- because I'm not man enough for him to consider me his son. So my four siblings get the complete contents of the will to split between them and me, his one child sho is disabled and really needs the money to purchase services like visiting nurses and off site hospital care and all other kinds of needed things to help me manage my disability and I'm the only sibling unable to wirk, and I'm the one left hanging. One sister has offered to split her inheritance with me and that is a kind gesture... But you know it's not enough.

Enough bitching. It isn't really bitching but rather an expression of hurt and anger.

So this first plant is my beautiful Blueberry that is well into blooming. Ain't she just bee-yoo-tee--ful!!! She should be ready to chop within about 2 or maybe 3 weeks. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

And these are the remaining Blueberry plants. There are 10 in total.

Unfortunately I had a friend cover my plants while I was gone to the family reunion and in his carelessness he broke one of my plants clean in half. Here she is.

Yes I am very disappointed this friend wasn't more careful.

Anyway, here are the remaining plants in my beautiful garden... the first five are my Green Cracks and the last three are White Widows.

And this last shot is of my bestest Blueberry plant which I entered into the Plant of the Month contest this month. Think she might win?

Okay so that is all the show and tell for the week. I wanted to show you another video of the pups but I just don't have the time this morning. It has already taken me almost two days to get this one posting out already. Someday soon...

All my best,
Magnus

Back
Top Bottom