Magnus8's Summer Outdoor Grow: Blueberry, White Widow, Green Crack

Hey Zincite, thanjs do much! Yes, they are durable enough. I now have two plants which have broken branches hanging by a thread but all is still surviving.

Reminds ne of my own life!

Best,
Magnus.

Hey Zincite, thanks so much! Yes, they are durable enough. I now have two plants which have broken branches hanging by a thread but all is still surviving.

Reminds me of my own life!

Best,
Magnus.

Sorry to hear your time with your dad didn't go so well. But it looks like you've been having a great time with your girls in the back. They look incredible. Very soon all those branches will be hanging over from the weight of the buds they'll be supporting. That's gonna be amazing.

Don't worry too much about others that refuse to let wounds heal Magnus. Best to make peace in your mind and just hope they get "it" eventually and then the healing can start taking place.

Plants look great brother. Sorry to hear about the one branch getting snapped. Looks like there is enough to keep her going until harvest time. I might try and tie it back up a bit and see if the plant might try to heal itself.

Hey Everybody!!!!

(Who else remembers Grover shouting that out every time he entered the screen? I sure do.)

So... I got pics here tonight... but we'll get to those in a minute...

The puppies are fine at 5 weeks and 3 days old today. I'll try to remember to add a link to a YouTube video taken of them playing on their 5 week birthday.

Hey -- if you don't like puppies you don't have to watch it. No need to complain.

(just kiddin')

Seriously they are super fucking cute when they play together.

On the book front, I got my first really terrible review but he still gave it three stars because he said some shit about the thriller aspect being really great but the rest of it being really terrible. So he averages it and gives the book three stars -- go figure. I don't get people sometimes. If hated it then just step up to the plate, give it one star and tell the world you hated it.

(Oh gawd -- these puppies get so fucking mad at each other when they play!)

Anyway, my publisher told me they always run ads for their books and they do one for one week then another for another week and so on in a circle until they come back to you again. My editor told me today that they ran an ad for Finding Max and had a better response than with any other book they had done this with. Made my day. Then she went on to say that the novel was surprising them and surpassing their expectations in interest and sales. Now, keep in mind that a small publisher like mine isn't ever used to making much money ever from any one writer. Instead they live off of having a number of writers who each sell a little but cumulatively are worth so much more. And writers never make much money from any one book but rather make money from having revenue coming in from several books they've written.

So anyway this is all just to say that even a little bit of extra sales will excite the small publisher because they all want to have a success like JK Rowlings in their pocket but alas even a little bit of extra sales usually amounts to just that -- a little bit.

Okay, onto my brothel of wives that live in my side yard...

This is my bevey of Blueberry beauties -- atent they just grand? I luuurves them so. Actually i had one in flower early you might remember. Well i chopped her down along with the Green Crack that was ready (to be truthful the Blueberry was past her prime; almost all of her pistils were amber because i didnt expect her to be ready so soon). And lo and behold what a wonderful smoke! Im really enjoying this Blueberry and mind you I didn't have time to cure the weed I'm smoking right now. This comes from just one branch and the rest is still hanging in the cold room.

So anyway I'm enjoying my Blueberry smoke. Does it kill the pain? Nope. Not as much as they all say it should. But for weed it does what it can. I'm still in a lot of pain on a daily basis. But here are the plants.

So those are most of my Blueberry plants. This last Blueberry plant i set apart from the rest because she has grown so gigs thc. This is the one that I entered in the Plant of the Month contest here on 429 so if you are one of those members who regularly votes in the contests then you might even recognize this plant.

Ain't she a beaut? I think so but I still don't think I have a chance at winning that prize because there are some real beautiful plants there. If you haven't seen them you really should take a look.

Okay so here are my Green Cracks. They all seem to be doing quite well in my garden of unearthly delights.

Lovely ladies all 'round, n'est pas?

And here are my White Widows. Of all my plants these three excite me the most. I ha e wanted to smoke me some White Widow ever since hearing about it back when it first won the Cannabis Cup. I mean the strain is almost legendary, right?

Okay. So here they are.

Pretty sweet, No?

Okay so that's all I got for you today. Except forgot to mention that I had to spend the night in the city because I had to show up for a stress test. They had to do the kind where they injected my intravenous with a chemical that made my heart race and then they took pics of it and all. I am being tested to ensure that I am able to try a new medication called Suboxin instead of the Fentanyl I am currently on. We will see if this new medication works better than the Fentanyl. The doctors have told me that if the Suboxin doesn't work well for me then the last medication we can try is Methadone. Not looking forward to that.

That is for sure.

Hope everyone is doing splendidly!

Cheers,
Magnus.

Hey Shed,

Nice to hear from you. As for the winters... the first snowfall up here is usually last week of October. I expect to be cutting down the last ones by about first week of October because the wife-bot and I have been covering them with tarps every evening to ensure they get their full 12 hours of darkness they require to fully mature, flower and ripen. They shoud be okay and this is the problem faced by every grower who decides to grow up here where I live. But how else can I ever get my hands on about 6.5 grams of weed/day because that is about how much I use daily. My prescription dosage needs to be increased because at the end of last summer I had grown almost exactly the amount accorded to me by my prescription of 6 grams per day to use. However I have run out before the next harvest meaning that I didn't grow enough to last me the duration of the year.

And if you are wondering how I could possibly use more than 6 grams of weed per day just think about this. I make an oil infused with cannabis and spread it on my back liberally. When I make it I use 1.5 cups of oil to 2 ounces of weed and another one ounce of sugar leaves. Yes -- it is very strong. But it does what it is supposed to do So I love it. But I go through so much (and let's face it... I give so much of it to my 92-year-old landlady because she has lots of problems with both her feet and her hips) that I often use more than my allotted amount of weed per day. So I think if my prescription were set at 7 grams per day then it would be, as baby bear would exclaim, -- just right!

Puppies are good, for anyone who cares. They are 6 weeks old now and bad as can be. The trainer will be coming out this week or next to put them through a series of tests to ensure their suitability to becoming working dogs for people with disabilities. As you know I've already bonded with one in particular so I really hope he has the personality for the job. He's a pretty cool dude and I've named him Sweetpea. He really is very sweet and he does that perfect look where he looks up at you with those sad little eyes and then he cocks his head to the side and I'm lost in the wonder of the moment. That this beautiful little creature trusts you and adores you and follows your every footsteps wherever you go. And this innocent little creature actually loves me, with all his tiny little heart.

Anyway. The wife-bot says these poor little guys don't have feelings like humans. I think that statement is terribly homocentric and I disagree completely. But who am I to say? I'm just an old sifted when it comes to infants of all species -- aren't we all?

Anyway have a great weekend ahead of you shed-- and everyone else as well.

Peace out,
Magnus.

Hey Magnus, glad to hear the puppies are doing well. Hopefully u can get your necessary harvest this season and make it through to next harvest! Love your oil recipe! Use it daily on my back.

Well it looks like I may be getting damned close to this new pup now... since it appears from what she said last night that she is leaving me very soon to return to Ontario and leaving me and all my stupid health problems behind. I know, I know. Neither she nor I foresaw the debilitating health problems I was going to encounter in my later life years... But isn't there supposed to be some sacredness to the idea of "in sickness and in health." I guess that part must've slipped her mind.

I am afraid my life is about to get a lot worse...

Magnus,

I'm sorry but I can't like your post. That just reaffirms my belief that integrity is a thing of the past.

I know it can be tough to ask for help, but don't be stubborn and if you need something please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do as much as I can and I know others would too!

I had already planned to get a few copies of your book for Christmas presents for the readers in my family. Perhaps others shall too!

either way, keep your chin up as best you can, things happen for a reason and it always works out in the end. :)

:passitleft:

Well, crisis averted. I should have known that Ginette would recant her decision to move back to Ontario without me. I have to always keep in mind that my wife-bot suffers from deep debilitating massive depression and for reasons that are much too complicated to get into in a post like this suffice it to say that every time during the past 3 years that she had slid into a terrible episode the same thing happened: Ginette told me she was leaving me and within 2 to 3 days she recanted.

My love suffers terribly with her damned depression. The havoc it causes her on a daily basis is just incredible. Well when she is caught in the midst if one of these dark places she gets very difficult to deal with. It is only when she is trapped in a depression that she says things like it is over. In fact, though our relationship is pretty right, she has said it was over three different times during the past year leading one to believe we've got real problems inside the relationship. Butthat isnt the case at all. Rather it indicates that my love is rather hot headed and provocative.

But as it stands, we are still together for the long haul.

Best,
Magnus.

Happy to hear this! I know those depression demons you speak of. My love does battle with them daily as well, not easy as an outsider trying to understand what they are going through, or how to help them.

and I was still serious about the book buying... My family are heavy duty readers, we had harry potter memorized before it even became famous.

Wow that was a roller coaster! Living with someone with mental illness can be a big challenge and it's hard to remember that when you're in the middle of an episode that's wreaking havoc with your life. I'm glad she came out of it soon enough so as not to upend the apple cart.

Strong topical oil is the best topical oil. I learned that from making it with the help of your amazing canna cream thread!

Wow that was a roller coaster! Living with someone with mental illness can be a big challenge and it's hard to remember that when you're in the middle of an episode that's wreaking havoc with your life. I'm glad she came out of it soon enough so as not to upend the apple cart.

Strong topical oil is the best topical oil. I learned that from making it with the help of your amazing canna cream thread!

Hey Shed,

Well that statement of yours just tickles my tootsies into a foot-long fetishist episode of sorts. Hahaha. Seriously it pleases me to no end that you use my topical recipe and instructions for making it. I hope it helps you as much as it helps me on an everyday basis. If I had to pick the best advantage to using weed over other meds it would be the ability that marijuana gives me the option of making this topical oil application.

Smoking and vain it doesn't take away anywhere near the same amount of psin.

Best,
Magnus.

Peace in/Peace out

I use it for my migraines, my wife uses it for the OA in her big toes and on hives and bites, and three people in my office are using it for various maladies. I didn't go whole hog with all the oils you use so I stick with a 50/50 blend of pumpkin seed and grapeseed oils. I calculate strength using Oldbear's spreadsheet, decarb, and then use the MB2 for 8 hour at 160º. It absorbs really fast.

I'm sure a lot of folks here make great oils and butters from your thread even if they're not reporting back. It's loaded with good info.

Back
Top Bottom