Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I was thinking that too I looked at the par charts on mars website and the 120 seems a bit much compared to the 96. And the 96 actually has the shape down perfectly!

Both two lights can cover your grow size 2'x3' well, 120 is more powerful than 96, 96 can work for you. :circle-of-love:

I've just started a 1 planter to see how it handles it,We'll soon find out lol

To be honest,I've only used it on the grow spectrum at the moment as when I flipped the bloom switch on the room temp shot up from 24c to 29c..Any other ProII user's had this?

IMG_2606_2_.jpg
11-01-18_2_.jpg

It is normal, temp is in the normal range.

Hey guys quick question, which light would be best for a single plant in a 22" x 32" or roughly 2 x 2.5 feet, the mars proII epistar 120 or the reflector 96? Would the 120 be too powerful for that space? Thanks!

If you use 120 in 2'x2.5', it is about 53W/sf, reflector 96 will be better for your small grow size.

If you use 120 in 2'x2.5', it is about 53W/sf, reflector 96 will be better for your small grow size.
I think led growers are told to shoot for 50 watts per sqft. Just food for thought.....

Yes. My Pro II 160 in a 2x4 tent went to 30C with both on & I had to rethink ventilation. I rerouted my exhaust to eliminate 2x90 that was reducing outflow & I added a 6" fan outside the tent blowing into one of the lower rectangle vents as inflow. And I put a screen on my front view port & I leave it open during lights on. I also have another 6" inside the tent for circulation. Now I max at 23C.

Ian

Thanks for your patient sharing :high-five:

35--50W/sf can work for bloom stage
Very true. Especially with the new technologies out. 50 watts is more for the older gen lights. Do you have any white LED panels in the works?

Very true. Especially with the new technologies out. 50 watts is more for the older gen lights. Do you have any white LED panels in the works?

I have no it now, but our engineer will adjust the different light ratio to produce white, bright light soon. :cheer:

Question:
How much cabinet-grow floor space will one MarsHydro Mars 600W fixture handle from germination to harvest?

Current plan is a single 2ft x 3ft x 6ft space. No separate mother/clone/veg/flower areas. I plan to scrog 2 plants at a time.

Will the fixture adequately handle a larger space?

Question:
How much cabinet-grow floor space will one MarsHydro Mars 600W fixture handle from germination to harvest?

Current plan is a single 2ft x 3ft x 6ft space. No separate mother/clone/veg/flower areas. I plan to scrog 2 plants at a time.

Will the fixture adequately handle a larger space?
Brother that light is for a 2 by 2 and a half. U want a decent harvest u should buy one for each plant

Back
Top Bottom