Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

No need to shout. Yes at 30" you need full power for your seedlings. Sara stated this earlier.
Sorry, don't get me wrong, don't want to offend anyone.
She didin't say anything about power only about
the hight and I sow some YouTube videos where guys contacted mars hydro because them seedelings got burned. They was told to use it 30" above seedelings and 25 % power. What do you think about it?

Sorry, don't get me wrong, don't want to offend anyone.
She didin't say anything about power only about
the hight and I sow some YouTube videos where guys contacted mars hydro because them seedelings got burned. They was told to use it 30" above seedelings and 25 % power. What do you think about it?
Full power, 30". and measure the Lux at your canopy. If it's greater than 10K, raise the light, or turn the power down until it is. Check Emilya's recently completed, award winning journal. I think she goes through the light required as well.

There are two ways to change the intensity at the canopy. The first, and traditional, method is to vary the height of the light above the canopy. The figures @SmokeSara gave above are for this method.

The second method is to keep the light at a constant distance above the canopy throughout the grow, and adjust the intensity of the light itself. This is becoming more popular since you can realize substantial power savings. A light meter is used to set the intensity at the canopy. You can buy one for about $30 USD through the big on-line malls, or you can get an app for your cell phone. If you want to use power, you can do that, but first you need to measure how much is required for each stage of growth. The figures are usually given as PAR values, but with white light such as the Mars Hydro SP and TS series of lights emit, you can use Lux. The conversion is 1 PAR ≈ 67 Lux. Here are the values for the stages of growth:

Code:
Stage:       PAR            Lux
Seedlings 150 = 200   10,000 - 13,500
veg:      200 - 500   13,500 - 33,500  increase level over 3 weeks
Flip      450 - 800   30,000 - 54,000  increase level over 2 weeks
flower    750 - 950   50,000 - 63,500  increase level so max at 1/2 flowering time

Note: As these measurements are taken at the canopy, they are not dependent on the height of the light.
Could you maybe recommended any app that measures lumen on the phone ? I've found a few but max readings are 32k even below the pots, light hangs 37" above the pots. From the ground it shows less

I'm using Lux Light Meter (Free) by Doggo Apps for Android on a Samsung S5 Neo. You may need to go to a camera shop to calibrate whatever app you use. That's how I calibrated mine.

These seedlings are 14 days old, and were placed under the TSL-2000. The light was about 30" from the plants at full power as shipped from the factory, since I hadn't moved the drivers out of the tent yet.

full

Granddaddy Purple Seedlings, 14 Days from Seed

This is those three seedlings last Saturday:
full

Front View of the Tents

Can you please tell me if the connectors I need to extend the driver dc power cables are this size? (2.1mm x 5.5mm) :)

No Zooie, those won't work. You need the DC5525 connectors. They look close to the same, but the center terminal is larger. The DC5525s are available through e-Bay. Just use that as your search term.

I'm using Lux Light Meter (Free) by Doggo Apps for Android on a Samsung S5 Neo. You may need to go to a camera shop to calibrate whatever app you use. That's how I calibrated mine.

These seedlings are 14 days old, and were placed under the TSL-2000. The light was about 30" from the plants at full power as shipped from the factory, since I hadn't moved the drivers out of the tent yet.

full

Granddaddy Purple Seedlings, 14 Days from Seed

This is those three seedlings last Saturday:
full

Front View of the Tents
Did you germinate them under 30" or you placed them under tsl2000 when they were 14 days old?
Canopy means latest set of leaves? I measure hight between light and soil since 2 seeds did not sprouted yet and newest one is few cm long, sprouted few days ago.
I just downloaded same lux meter app as yours.
Tomorrow will try to calibrate it.
Nice pics :)

I put them in the window sill to germinate, as it was late summer, and my tents were full, nearing harvest. They were moved two weeks after the seed drop.

I'm currently trying something else for germination through the start of veg. It's not Mars Hydro, only because they don't have anything suitable for the way I want to start my plants.

Yes, after communicating total sadness :) for missing the Mars festive sales events and claims of free stuff :) shortly after last 3 purchase's, resulted in a Mars Cree COB 300W Led Grow Light @ the front door.

Mars-Hydro, you did not have too, but you did, you stepped up, Thank you!
I bought 4 Mars COB lights I really like them so far, You can see their results in my journal and an earlier post here. I am adding another light that I just got today and I think with the lights I will have will do a great job all the way through flower to harvest. I cant wait to see what they can produce. They are in a 5x5 Mars tent which I Love

Do u think ts 3000 plus 2 sp 250‘s is too much light for 4x4 tent

I think just the TS-3000 will be plenty. I have a TSW-2000 in a 40" x 40" tent with this result:

full

GDP #2 Light Off
_____________________________________________________​
full

GDP #2 Light On

The plant is 50" wide when taken out of the tent, and is 42" tall. The TS-3000 is 450W while the TSW-2000 is 310W, so the TS-3000 is 45% stronger. Your 4' x 4' tent has 44% more floor area than my 40" x 40". You are the grower, and will need to make the call.

I think just the TS-3000 will be plenty. I have a TSW-2000 in a 40" x 40" tent with this result:

full

GDP #2 Light Off
full

GDP #2 Light On

The plant is 50" wide when taken out of the tent, and is 42" tall. The TS-3000 is 450W while the TSW-2000 is 310W, so the TS-3000 is 45% stronger. Your 4' x 4' tent has 44% more floor area than my 40" x 40". You are the grower, and will need to make the call.
Impressive Salty

I just got another QB 350 watt light from Budget LED to go along with my Mars COBs. I think it will be a nice combination for my 5x5 Mars tent. The Budget LED light in the middle and the Mars COBs out on the edges. I will post some pics after flip. Oh yeah I am doing Docs Kit for my first real grow and I am super stoked. I know for price to performance Mars is hard to beat and I am a satisfied costumer with my Mars COBs, they have exceled in Veg

I bought 4 Mars COB lights I really like them so far, You can see their results in my journal and an earlier post here. I am adding another light that I just got today and I think with the lights I will have will do a great job all the way through flower to harvest. I cant wait to see what they can produce. They are in a 5x5 Mars tent which I Love
COB is really a very good Led, Osram and Cree chip, Meanwell driver. 0DB, IP65, these configurations make it impossible for it to be a bad light. :ganjamon:
Now we only left two COB in America warehouse. The price is 308usd for 2. If anyone needs them, please send PM to me:Namaste:

full

GDP #2 Light Off
full

GDP #2 Light On

impressive :bravo:Your plant looks like a landscape plant and can be placed directly next to the sofa in the living room:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom