Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

watch for bleaching. there is a specific type of led damage that occurs as well. expresses more like a mutation.

led fixture heat is about 60 / 40 emitters / drivers. larger rigs will be closer to 70 / 30. the heatsinks should pull most of it away from the emitters, and slowly release it. drivers should hit a more or less a constant temp and stay there. the cases are part of the heat sinking in most aluminum case drivers.

good rule of thumb : you should be able to rest your hand on the top side of your fixture / heatsink, and on top of the driver(s), without it being uncomfortable or burning with the rig running at the max.

if you have to pull your hand away cause it is too hot - then there is a problem. either insufficient heatsinking / air exchange / inadequate drivers / poor chipsets or chipset mounts. most times it's combination of factors.
Thanks and I have tested the temp of the light on the top and it is comfortable enough that I used the ballast to help germinate seeds.

Thanks and I have tested the temp of the light on the top and it is comfortable enough that I used the ballast to help germinate seeds.

just to be clear : the bleaching and led damage occurs in the absence of any heat as well.

just to be clear : the bleaching and led damage occurs in the absence of any heat as well.

Thank you, bluter. I should have mentioned bleaching when I posted my comment earlier. To those in the audience who are wondering: It's called that because that's pretty much what it looks like. It's not a result of high temperature - it's caused by too much / intense light-energy. Causes the leaves closest to the light that's causing it to begin losing chlorophyll and, eventually, they'll have lost their green coloration. I do not specifically recall, but I would guess that it would occur sooner to an indica-leaning plant than a sativa. The latter have already evolved in an environment that is more harsh (in regards to level of light-energy), which is why their leaves are shaped somewhat differently and, generally speaking, are a lighter green. But it can affect them, too, if the level is intense enough.

The above is one reason why a light with an significant "hot spot" (vis-à-vis light-energy) directly under the center is often unwelcome; raising the product up high enough to lessen it might cause the footprint to become too large and diffuse. Sometimes, however, with a product that consists of many individual LEDs, the gardener ends up raising the light anyway, to ensure that the light-energy from those separate sources of light can mix well. Also, due to the nature of the things, it may be necessary to raise the device a bit in order to properly illuminate the perimeter area of the light footprint. It is important for product manufacturers to understand how the things they produce actually work. It is also important for them to publish accurate coverage maps (and at multiple heights) so that the end-user can have some idea about the optimum distance from the product to the plant, the size/shape of the product's coverage area, et cetera. In a perfect world, we'd each have an Apogee MQ-500 (or better) to help us measure the amount of photosynthetically-active radiation hitting our plants. But that kind of money can buy another light ;) - so few of us actually have such a device in our toolkit.

Purple lemonade grown under ts3000 and sp150

Also current girls few weeks into flower gelato, sweet zombi, purple queen

Your plants are all very attractive. :ganjamon:
Make sure the temperature at the top of the plant does not exceed 30 degrees Celsius. That's safe

Q: Why Mars Hydro SP6500 has 2356 LEDs, but only 650W power draw?

A: That's because it use low electric current to drive leds.

Q: What's the current of this SP6500 lamp?

A: Mars Hydro light is only 80MA, while other brands are mostly 200MA. Our current is 60% lower than other brands.

Q: Why does Mars Hydro lights use such low current?

A: Low current to drive leds makes the lamp reach the maximum luminance with the lowest power consumption. In other words, Mars lights use the least electricity to achieve maximum efficiency. It can also extend leds life-span and reduce light decacy.

Q: What’s the defect of high current?

A: High current to drive leds makes chips temperature high,resulting in shortening chips’ life-span and accelerating the light decay, increase yours electric bills as well.

are you running constant current or constant voltage ?
that approach suggests constant current.

that is an overly simplistic explanation as it relies on the rest of the build and other factors. i'm running 1400Ma on a 600 watt max pull. with the dimmers running i'm closer to 450 watt, but the current remains 1400Ma, as the build is constant current. the Ma does not create the heat. the total watt pull from the wall is what creates the heat.

the heat energy from the total watts consumed has to go somewhere. the fixture either creates 650W of heat energy somewhere or draws less total wattage.

constant voltage

constant voltage drivers only produce a stable amperage at peak or close to peak.

your 80Ma has to be produced at or close to the 650w draw then - as per your specs. a watt consumed always produces a predictable amount of heat. so the fixture produces a predictable 650w - or whatever it really draws - worth of heat.

you can't produce less heat than what you consume in wattage.

edit : you are presently living up to my expectations.

edit again : i saw the judicious editing. mine is up front.

Me like. Grow big plant. Mars Hydro make great light. Have great day.

IMG_20201119_112659108_HDR.jpg

Hey guys, what's up? :cheer:
Black Friday is coming soon, what gifts you wanna get during this shopping season? Led grow light, grow tent, grow kits...?:ganjamon:
Our Black Friday GIVEAWAY and SALE comes soon, keep your eyes on our thread!:love:

Just received my 3rd mars hydro light . Great service ordered it on Monday and made it here last night
:thanks:Happy Grow with Mars Hydro

Hello everyone, Mars Hydro need your suggestions!
Some growers asked for lights for their separate VEG ROOM or FLOWERING ROOM. We are considering to design 3 types for SP6500 and FC6500 light. Which type you prefer? Choose number 1-4 on the picture.

1.ALL IN ONE: Full spectrum for all plant stages from seedling, veg to flower. (same as now)
2.VEG ROOM LIGHT : Mainly used for the veg stage
For growth stage, what spectrum wavelength you like best?
A: 660nm
B: 470nm
4.FLOWER ROOM LIGHT: Mainly used for the bloom stage

Don't hesitate to express freely. Appreciated of any opinion! Thank you!:thanks:

Hello everyone, Mars Hydro need your suggestions!
Some growers asked for lights for their separate VEG ROOM or FLOWERING ROOM. We are considering to design 3 types for SP6500 and FC6500 light. Which type you prefer? Choose number 1-4 on the picture.

1.ALL IN ONE: Full spectrum for all plant stages from seedling, veg to flower. (same as now)
2.VEG ROOM LIGHT : Mainly used for the veg stage
For growth stage, what spectrum wavelength you like best?
A: 660nm
B: 470nm
4.FLOWER ROOM LIGHT: Mainly used for the bloom stage

Don't hesitate to express freely. Appreciated of any opinion! Thank you!:thanks:
all in one with the ability to set the light to different modes.

Back
Top Bottom