Meet Thy Grower

Good morning 420mag and users I have decided to start a....let's say a virtual meet and greet. Most of the people I interact with here have become more of a friend to me than some of my actual friends in real life and have been more than helpful to me. I spend a good amount of time chatting and joking along with alot of you and I would just like to have a mental image of the anyone who has shown kindness, interacted, or who has just lend some advice. I know some of you cannot post a picture due to legality of your grow or for personal reasons for staying anonymous....and that's understandable :) your still A1 in my book.

So I'll go first as this is my thread.

My name is matt or HappyHazmat88 as most of you know. I'm 34 born in Chicago and moved to new York half my life ago. I have smoked for over 16 years and have recently (October) picked up growing as a way to rehabilitate myself from alcohol.... It is now 6 months and I have been clean and it's all thanks to this plant and this forum keeping me occupied and focused. So I thank all of you and 420mag for giving me an outlet and giving conversation and advice you are all appreciated.

Well let's see how this goes and be nice please lol this isn't about who is handsome or pretty ... But just to see the happy face of the friends you have made along your journey as grower.

Screenshot_20210318-235440_Badoo~2.jpg

Good morning 420mag and users I have decided to start a....let's say a virtual meet and greet. Most of the people I interact with here have become more of a friend to me than some of my actual friends in real life and have been more than helpful to me. I spend a good amount of time chatting and joking along with alot of you and I would just like to have a mental image of the anyone who has shown kindness, interacted, or who has just lend some advice. I know some of you cannot post a picture due to legality of your grow or for personal reasons for staying anonymous....and that's understandable :) your still A1 in my book.

My name is matt or HappyHazmat88 as most of you know. I'm 34 born in Chicago and moved to new York half my life ago. I have smoked for over 16 years and have recently (October) picked up growing as a way to rehabilitate myself from alcohol.... It is now 6 months and I have been clean and it's all thanks to this plant and this forum keeping me occupied and focused. So I thank all of you and 420mag for giving me an outlet and giving conversation and advice you are all appreciated.

Well let's see how this goes and be nice please lol this isn't about who is handsome or pretty ... But just to see the happy face of the friends you have made along your journey as grower.

Handsome bugger. :thumb:
Good for you brother, been 30 years since I had a drink.
Glad to meet you. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill

B98CF67D-E7D3-4466-A98F-BAD64D0CC8DB.jpeg

Couldn't let @Tokin Roll and @StoneOtter hang out there all alone. :ciao:

Awww thank you bill and congratulations on the sobriety, may I asked what helped you move passed it your self?... Seriously without any of you knowing you all have been my personal counselors and have helped me passed the point of want or need :high-five:

Nice to meet you Happy. So awesome to hear about your recovery. Alcohol is an old “friend” of mine too. I get on the wagon for awhile then hit a bump and fall off. Getting ready to say goodbye for good though. It’s time for me to start a new chapter like you have. Not going to post pics for obvious reasons but have a beautiful family (5 kids) so plenty to keep me busy!

Great thread Happy!

NTH

Nice to meet you Happy. So awesome to hear about your recovery. Alcohol is an old “friend” of mine too. I get on the wagon for awhile then hit a bump and fall off. Getting ready to say goodbye for good though. It’s time for me to start a new chapter like you have. Not going to post pics for obvious reasons but have a beautiful family (5 kids) so plenty to keep me busy!

Great thread Happy!

NTH
It's awesome to hear that your recovering to.... I know it's difficult... Was for me since I literally partied 3-4 days out of the week heavy for about 8 years straight...and then was given the option to stop or lose my family....I made a very clear choice. And no worries on the pic it's not needed... I'm just happy that some of us are going through the same thing and now that it is noted, if you need a friend to chat to help through it I'm here my friend.:headbanger::cheesygrinsmiley:

Edit: not happy we're dealing with alcoholism lol that sucks...but happy that some of can relate and it just helps to have people with same issues to help through the dark.

Awww thank you bill and congratulations on the sobriety, may I asked what helped you move passed it your self?... Seriously without any of you knowing you all have been my personal counselors and have helped me passed the point of want or need :high-five:
Both my parents were alcoholics.
When my kids were born I had a bender over Christmas then quit.
I didn't want to risk my kids going through anything I had to growing up.
It's a poison to us Irish. :eek:
I wish you nothing but happiness and joy in your sobriety. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Great to meet you HappyHazmat! I was born in Idaho but spent most of my life in Virginia. When I was 20 I spent a few years in southern FL just in time for hurricane Andrew (much better place to vacation than to live). I spent some time in New York (Schenectady/Albany area) and New Hampshire (Concord area) before moving back to VA. I've been married to my lovely wife for over 27 years and have three beautiful children; 26yo, 22yo and 18yo. Only my 18yo son lives at home now.

I never smoked pot until I was 21 and living in FL. I have smoked ever since, though. Being a software engineer I am a very logical/left brained person. Smoking pot allows me to relax and unwind and get in touch with my creative side. It also helps me with anxiety and stress. My wife started using a few years ago when suffering from pain & insomnia related to menopause. We make a mean coconut oil fudge that has really helped with that.

I was really into homebrewing for several years, rising to the rank of Grand Master BJCP Judge. When Covid hit in 2020, that all went away. I brewed with my brother and we were quarantined separately. Between that, all the kids moving back into the house, and the stress of my job that was trying to re-capitalize I went a little batty in 2021. I was depressed and moody and not handling things well. By August 2021 I was so miserable to be around that my wife was ready to pack it up and leave.

That really made me take a step back and re-evaluate my life. I started therapy and realized that I was focusing on the negatives and not being mindful of the good things in my life. I also realized I needed a new hobby. Growing these plants has saved me. It's hard not to be mindful when I am down in the basement, listening to some music and LSTing my girls. I finally realized that the only thing that can make me happy is me! Happiness is a mindset that you need to embrace, and my plants definitely help me do that ;) I finally got a new job and got out of that hell-hole, which helps too ;) Today I am feeling better than I have in a long time. And really enjoying my new hobby:Namaste:

Nice pic bro. Yeah you seem cool as hell I like your posts and shit. You can call me Mark i very seldom give out my real name.

Hello Matt, my name is Michael. I have a brother, former wife, every male in her family, and former father-in-law that all were afflicted. I recognize and commend the courage you show by beginning this post. Whatever support you need, just ask. It is truly "one day at a time".:Namaste:

Hey Hap, how nice! I'm 66 from a blue collar family not without issues with "the cure and cause of all man's problems", Homer Simpson. :) having that knowledge, like you I'm doing the same. Getting better for myself and my family. Finding balance in all I can. Nice to meet you!

Thank you all for giving a little about your selves. I'm a visual person so now that some have shared I'll be able to put a face for when I read. And as for others who share the similar experiences thanks for sharing it does help to hear it and is also helpful knowing you have like minded individuals at the touch of a button.... but I am all good no worries I found something distracting that I'm ok at lol.

Happy!!!! My 420 brother and all my other brothers here!!!

So proud of all the recovery I am seeing here. My heart goes out to everyone along with so much pride that I hold for you all for continuing to put yourself 1st. Remember you can't help anyone unless you help yourself first! When I was going through my rough patch in life I had to wrap some things around my head.

1. Was what I just mentioned
2. Holding myself accountable for my own actions rather than displacing blame was the #1 priority
3. Remembering that I was and we all are here for something much greater than ourselves, really helped to ground me
4. Practice mindfulness every day!
5. Don't do anything for anyone else, do it for you! Those people you want to do it for will thank you later

It's funny Happy and I talked about this post and I mentioned I had a post up at one point and took it down because I didn't want people to like me for my appearance or any other reason other than the love I try to show here.
So with that said, I hope my face only shows how happy being here makes me and how much I absolutely love sharing our grows together.

You guys and gals are considered my friends, I can count on 2 fingers the amount of friends I consider myself to really have here. In the non 420 world. Your non discrimination, your openess, your understanding, and your compassion shown here is what makes me come back each and every day!

Much grow love always!

20211026_152651.jpg

20211026_152708.jpg

Awwww lovely krissi nice to put a face to a name...and one hell of a smile lol but I agree acceptance and self understanding is the first step and then everything else follows... Luckily for alot of us we found a small green plant to help us through.....let's say life ;). I've been reading it alot from multiple post here of people saying all they literally have is the plants and they have all the time in the world to watch them grow....no real friends or fam around...so this is bringing otherwise lonely people together and have a great interest to conversate about.

And as most here know I'm a message away and for any reason you or anyone needs a friend.

Awwww lovely krissi nice to put a face to a name...and one hell of a smile lol but I agree acceptance and self understanding is the first step and then everything else follows... Luckily for alot of us we found a small green plant to help us through.....let's say life ;). I've been reading it alot from multiple post here of people saying all they literally have is the plants and they have all the time in the world to watch them grow....no real friends or fam around...so this is bringing otherwise lonely people together and have a great interest to conversate about.

And as most here know I'm a message away and for any reason you or anyone needs a friend.
Well you guys got Krissi in the raw so if we ever get stuck on an island from a wrecked boat and can't shower or do our hair, you won't be scared when you see me in the morning lmao

I couldn't agree more. I have closed out and shut out so many people in my life to save myself. I have locked doors and thrown away the keys to so many rooms in my life for the sake of self preservation. It has always been through this plant that I was able to center and to find like minded individuals. Unfortunately, the bad drugs took hold and held onto most people in my life and those that it didn't, began some type of living a lie life that I couldn't be part of. I isolated. I worried about me myself and mine and that was it. I had to.

To find this community. To be a part of this movement is something I think I have been subconsciously waiting on. To have these good energies fly back and forth all day every day is like happy medicine to me. To be able to share my love and see the love I see here has become part of my grounding.

I'm grateful to you and to all of our growers and same goes out from me to everyone else, I am always here to listen if anyone ever needs it. :passitleft:

:love::love::love::love:

Happy!!!! My 420 brother and all my other brothers here!!!

So proud of all the recovery I am seeing here. My heart goes out to everyone along with so much pride that I hold for you all for continuing to put yourself 1st. Remember you can't help anyone unless you help yourself first! When I was going through my rough patch in life I had to wrap some things around my head.

1. Was what I just mentioned
2. Holding myself accountable for my own actions rather than displacing blame was the #1 priority
3. Remembering that I was and we all are here for something much greater than ourselves, really helped to ground me
4. Practice mindfulness every day!
5. Don't do anything for anyone else, do it for you! Those people you want to do it for will thank you later

It's funny Happy and I talked about this post and I mentioned I had a post up at one point and took it down because I didn't want people to like me for my appearance or any other reason other than the love I try to show here.
So with that said, I hope my face only shows how happy being here makes me and how much I absolutely love sharing our grows together.

You guys and gals are considered my friends, I can count on 2 fingers the amount of friends I consider myself to really have here. In the non 420 world. Your non discrimination, your openess, your understanding, and your compassion shown here is what makes me come back each and every day!

Much grow love always!

20211026_152651.jpg

20211026_152708.jpg
I could tell just by your heart that your a beautiful person. :green_heart:
Your lovely pics just confirm it. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

I could tell just by your heart that your a beautiful person. :green_heart:
Your lovely pics just confirm it. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
:hug::hug::hug::love::love::love: