MissBud and Her Damn Sour

The reason i ask what the ppm of your RO water is to check that your filters are working properly, high calcium can cause bad salt build up in soil, once there it’s a pain in the arse to remove. As the peat degrades the soil will become more acidic, i see you have added lime to buffer your ph, this is a smart move and should counter act this reaction it’s always good to mix lime before you pott.

Obviously your plants are not short of nutes, i would suggest flushing with just pure RO water and ALOT of it, once finished flushing i would let her be and only water for a while, give her a chance to tell you she needs food rather then tell you she has too much, it’s a lot easier to add a bit more when needed then to have to flush it all out and wait for her to recover.

How all works out for you.

:peace::love:

What is your ppm of the solution you are feeding everyother day?

I think i read you are using RO water is that correct? what is the ppm of that?

Are you just adding your nutrients or are you adding supplements also?

Thank you dearly for chiming in on this GodSpeed.:thanks::high-five::adore::Namaste: Hopefully I can still save her with a good flush, would you suggest using a B-Vitamin and maybe some clearex or strictly RO?

I have just recently upped the dose to 1260 right before going in. That is with 5ml/Gal of Cal/Mag.

I am using RO water from the super market which is <10 ppm.

Occasionally I will add a couple ml's of super thrive, about once a week.

Maybe the RO from the store isn't up to par? I have pretty solid tap water (50ppm) but I thought it was very low in Cal/Mag so I switched back to RO because I was going to add it anyway. Yet now that I know Promix is considered soilless, maybe I could go back to the tap water and won't have to use the cal/mag with a 5.9-6.4 ph

Hey MB, that's one real nice bushy specimen..she's beautiful! I'm glad that I contributed a little something back to :420:

Day twentysomething~ it's just started to flower and you'll be surprised what 4-5 weeks can do to a tiny bud. :thumb:

Sisco!! :cheer::high-five::circle-of-love:

I am very excited for the next couple weeks providing I get these ppms resolved.

Thank you for stopping in Sisco:thanks::thanks::peace::high-five::adore::Namaste:

Dolomite lime is natural cal/mag i believe, there should be no need to add any more, maybe this is your problem. If I am honest with you and I know others might disagree but I wouldnt use super thrive b vitamins as there isn't even a content discription and no one seems to know what it is, iv used it once and when I went to open the cap again it was sealed tight with salt...

The bottle water should be good to use although having tap water that clean I'd probly use that.

Dolomite lime is natural cal/mag i believe, there should be no need to add any more, maybe this is your problem. If I am honest with you and I know others might disagree but I wouldnt use super thrive b vitamins as there isn't even a content discription and no one seems to know what it is, iv used it once and when I went to open the cap again it was sealed tight with salt...

The bottle water should be good to use although having tap water that clean I'd probly use that.

You are on the money friend!:bravo::adore::high-five::cheer:

Recently I have wondered why the cap to my superthrive has been sealed tight with crusty stuff. Last time I used it I might have added too much and that was about 5 days ago...problem right there?:scratchinghead:

Would there be an effect to switch water qualities at this time?
I think I'll go fill up a couple jugs of water for the next 24 hours then give her a solid flush. I'll use 4-5 gallons of just ph'd tap water:Namaste:

Well superthrive says you cannot overdose, iv had big discussions and according to a guy on another forum
If you overdose with superthrive all your plant will do is work on rooting. Little or no plant growth, very hard to recover to normal state, use sparingly!
He claims to use it during seedling and veg state with very good results.

I think your problem is due to adding cal/mag on top of dolmite lime, i would flush your soil with tap or RO water no need to ph due to the natural buffer you have in your pots, and continue to water intill you see improvments shouldnt take to long dolmite lime sorts the problem out fairly fast.

Once sorted start of with a weak nutrient solution and see how your ladies go if they require more they will tell you then up it a fraction, do this and you will find the exact dose your ladies thrive on.

Tbh in my soil grows i have NEVER ph'd my water or nutrient solutions, had no problems with ph or cal/mag i always mix dolomite lime in with my soil before potting its magic, some dont like it but i wouldnt be without it!

Check this out its only a small thread but it would be worth you reading it.

:peace:

High MissBud, I'm happy to see your healthy flowering beauties.
While I wish my tap was closer(cleaner) to yours, I happily and successfully use un-filtered 240ppm tap water.
I also drink it, but... I'd rather drink yours :love: 50ppm?

I have a run of Pineapple Express within a day or two of yours. Let's grow :)

Well superthrive says you cannot overdose, iv had big discussions and according to a guy on another forum He claims to use it during seedling and veg state with very good results.

I think your problem is due to adding cal/mag on top of dolmite lime, i would flush your soil with tap or RO water no need to ph due to the natural buffer you have in your pots, and continue to water intill you see improvments shouldnt take to long dolmite lime sorts the problem out fairly fast.

Once sorted start of with a weak nutrient solution and see how your ladies go if they require more they will tell you then up it a fraction, do this and you will find the exact dose your ladies thrive on.

Well, yesterday I took actions and flushed with 4 gallons of RO water. Woke up this morning to see them looking happy as ever!!:cheer::high-five::Namaste:

The first couple drops that came out read 3000 ppm but after almost 4 gallons I checked again and it lowered to 650!!:thanks:

Thank you for helping me a lot with that GS:circle-of-love::thanks::peace:

High MissBud, I'm happy to see your healthy flowering beauties.
While I wish my tap was closer(cleaner) to yours, I happily and successfully use un-filtered 240ppm tap water.
I also drink it, but... I'd rather drink yours :love: 50ppm?

I have a run of Pineapple Express within a day or two of yours. Let's grow :)

Haha that is very kind of you Propa Gator!:thanks::circle-of-love::cheer:

Let's grow till the end friend:circle-of-love::thanks::adore::Namaste:

wow just tuning to ur grow and it looks GREAT. you should worry less and keep up the great work. Your thinning job was exceptional and i am sure ur girls are blowing up now. those lower branches only sap energy from the top and make small buds, wait till u see the tops soon. have u added any new additives like sweeteners or anything like that. few things that really help are a nice pk(advanced nutrients has a real nice one hammerhead pk9/18:goodjob:), also calmag is real nice for later stages of bloom. a good sweetener is always great for taste, GH floranectar or pure blend pros sweet series. cant wait to tune in for some more pics and keep up the great work.

Hi Missbud -

Sisco was right - those buds look fine for twenty something days. You'll be astounded at the difference in just a couple of weeks. They won't necessarily be popcorn. You've done a really nice job, and I expect a lot of nice bud to be had - certainly not popcorn. I know the feeling though, I sometimes still get it at that time. Supercropping makes bigger buds, btw. Glad the flush helped! :thumb:

wow just tuning to ur grow and it looks GREAT. you should worry less and keep up the great work. Your thinning job was exceptional and i am sure ur girls are blowing up now. those lower branches only sap energy from the top and make small buds, wait till u see the tops soon. have u added any new additives like sweeteners or anything like that. few things that really help are a nice pk(advanced nutrients has a real nice one hammerhead pk9/18:goodjob:), also calmag is real nice for later stages of bloom. a good sweetener is always great for taste, GH floranectar or pure blend pros sweet series. cant wait to tune in for some more pics and keep up the great work.

:thanks: for stopping in djkurisu1:Namaste::cheer:

I actually have a bottle of GH floranectar, do you think it's too late to start adding it? I would love to have some extra flavour/aroma yet I do want to keep it fairly simple if you know what I mean:circle-of-love::cheer:

Thank you for chiming in amigo!!:thanks::thanks::welcome:

Hi Missbud -

Sisco was right - those buds look fine for twenty something days. You'll be astounded at the difference in just a couple of weeks. They won't necessarily be popcorn. You've done a really nice job, and I expect a lot of nice bud to be had - certainly not popcorn. I know the feeling though, I sometimes still get it at that time. Supercropping makes bigger buds, btw. Glad the flush helped! :thumb:

First off X, great harvest!:goodjob::welldone::adore::Namaste:

I hope the smoke covers every little bit of pain you have friend:high-five::circle-of-love:

I think were at about day 29 now or so and it looks like the plant's focus has gone from spotting flowers to developing flowers, I'll snap a few pics tomorrow after I water:Namaste::adore:

Next time around I'll have a way better feel with the nutrient feeding so I won't have to flush this late/often :thanks::cheer:

def not too late at all, start giving them the sweetner and prob at 7.5ml per gallon. are u using carbo load cause that is pretty essential at this stage also. If not the sweetner will prob do just fine. There is this stuff called "gravity" made by humbolt countys own, really really works good at making those nugs ROCK UP.... nice grow

def not too late at all, start giving them the sweetner and prob at 7.5ml per gallon. are u using carbo load cause that is pretty essential at this stage also. If not the sweetner will prob do just fine. There is this stuff called "gravity" made by humbolt countys own, really really works good at making those nugs ROCK UP.... nice grow

I'm looking forward to trying it out! :high-five:

I don't have the Carbo load but hopefully the floranectar will give it some nice aroma even though I'm loving it already:adore::cheer::circle-of-love:

Update. Day 29 Flower

IMG_26073.JPG

IMG_26084.JPG

IMG_26094.JPG

pH(pre) 5.9-6.4
pH(post) 6.0-6.3
Ppm(pre) 1000-1200
Ppm(post)900-1100 =)

I am watering with nutrients every other watering and will start using GH Floranectar as of next nutrient watering.

Thank you everyone for stopping by, it really means a lot to me:circle-of-love::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom