MissBud and Her Damn Sour

Update

...Well you guys, today was a terrible terrible day.:sorry::straightface:

I walked in for the daily watering, pulled the plant out of the box and apparently one branch was still inside and it snapped! I heard the noise and couldn't find the snap anywhere...until I looked right down the middle! ='(

It snapped right down the middle of where I topped it (right at the Y). Like cutting a piece of firewood with an axe, so all I did was grab some duct tape and tried to hold it back up. I really hope a miracle or some serious cytokenesis comes through and some how she "rejoins" with the duct tape, this has been quite some work =(

Your plant should recover with the brace in place. I just had a similar experience branch broke at the Y when trying to super crop. Took a 4in cable tide and secured it in place, it should recover I deal with this once every few months. Once the plant is healed it will grow and rip the tape like big muscle through tight shirt...

Your plant should recover with the brace in place. I just had a similar experience branch broke at the Y when trying to super crop. Took a 4in cable tide and secured it in place, it should recover I deal with this once every few months. Once the plant is healed it will grow and rip the tape like big muscle through tight shirt...

Hahaha I like your style Twelve12;):high-five::cheer:

I will post some pics up of the surgery I performed today, do you think it is necessary to make sure the whole split is back together? My split is like 70% joined and even with the wire and tape, the weight won't let me tape it up 100%:nomo::hmmmm:

Update

This is my attempt to fix the split stem :bitingnails::yikes:

IMG_26145.JPG

IMG_26164.JPG

Twelve12, GodSpeed

First off, thank you for the unbelievably fast responses!! lol:cheer::circle-of-love::love:

Second, you guys are awesome and I feel your support through the roof! =)...I'll just take a thin piece of duct tape, like a sliver, and put it right under the wire to cover up the crack.

:thanks: both so much! =)

Congrats MissBud, for taking advantage of a learning opportunity:
1) A split stem may not be the end of the World :smokin:
2) Take more care when moving plants, especially mature plants in bloom :)

Couldn't agree with you more Propa Gator:Namaste::adore::cheer::circle-of-love:

I now have a nice little routine for watering the plants:smokin:

Routine carves a safe-haven of order out of chaos.

Enjoy surprises at Baskin Robbins, shed your tears at the Opera.

You are a very wise man with the words to go with it. That'll stick with me down the road forever:Namaste::adore::circle-of-love:

Update. Day 38 Flower

First off, I'm superbly sorry for my absence in all of your journals =:)sorry:

I have been unbelievably busy these past weeks with school, work and family issues. It's been a struggle to keep up with my plant! :surrender::phew:

Hopefully things turn around as the season goes on, but I will do whatever I can to stop by in your beautiful grows. Even if my word isn't very helpful it puts a smile on my face to see everyones progress!!:Namaste::adore::circle-of-love::cheer::high-five:

Anywhooo, some of the branches are getting a little heavy so I took initiative and tied them up. I now have the plant set-up very well for watering, with it mounted on a tiny little 1.5" stand with perfect drainage holes. Only problem is the peak of the plant is now about 2" from the glass yet it doesn't seem to be too hot, but if some burning shows up I'll just take it off the stand.

Green House suggests to flower this strain for 9 weeks unless your conditions aren't up to par. With all the flushing, super cropping, defoliating and splitting the stem etc, I'm expecting to hit the 11 week mark so I won't put a rush on anything:Namaste::adore::peace::thanks:

IMG_26452.JPG

IMG_26493.JPG

I also was thinking about another round of defoliation in the next week, but I'm worried that will strip most of the remaining energy and could stunt the plant severely... Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit my garden, I know some of you are 10x busy as me and still find the time hit the journals!:Namaste::adore::circle-of-love:

Update

This is my attempt to fix the split stem :bitingnails::yikes:

IMG_26145.JPG

IMG_26164.JPG

a nice little trick for situations like this is electrical tape, it will actually stretch as your plants stalks grow, this will prevent your plant from loosing circulation as it grows, stalk growth wont be hindered. duct tape and wire on the other hand works, but if left alone will hinder the growth of your stalk.
just my two cents ;)

nice grow so far :Namaste:

"defoliation ... could stunt the plant severely..."

No more vertical growth regardless, 'stretch' is done.
All there is to do now is 'swell', and fans don't play that.
Those smaller bud leaves are plenty enough for the job.

Especially remove every fan leaf that casts a shadow on any flower cluster.
Remove more fans than you feel comfortable with. You will be rewarded ;)

preprodigy :thanks: and welcome preprodigy! =):circle-of-love::cheer:

Electrical tape sounds like a pretty clutch idea, if this happens again (pray that it doesn't!) I'll give that a go:cheer:.
I actually went in there about 3 days later and grabbed more wire to secure it, now it seems to have finally resumed growth so maybe I could take the extra wire I added off soon, but not too soon ;):Namaste:

Twelve12 Friend, every day that passes gives me a chance to acknowledge your work. When I first started this whole growing thing I was in way over my head, but with some patience, a little guidance and some positive energy hopefully one day I could amount to 1/4 the grower you truly are. :love:

As for the defoliation I'm thinking at day 45-47 seems like a common 2nd time zone. Hopefully the stem is recovered enough for me to get a little nippy :smokin::popcorn::rocker:

Lastly about the camera lol... I have been trying to figure out the stupid Macro lens on my camera and I suck hahah. It seems there's only a certain point where I can zoom in to before it just can't focus. Also for the wb, I do have a custom option but once I click it, it doesn't do anything? lol honestly even when it's set to tungsten I don't notice a great picture. Just so you know I am not tech savy lol but I'm always willing to give things a shot :circle-of-love::cheer::Namaste::adore:

Propa Gator Done and Done :circle-of-love::cheer:

It's hard going out of the comfort zone but it seems every time it has paid off!:high-five:

May I ask how your PE is doing friend?:circle-of-love::cheer::dreamy:

Back
Top Bottom