MissBud and Her Damn Sour

Eh, I am doing well, my sleep schedule is a little off since I seem to sleep when the plants do now..lol...Hey, I am all for sending positivity and good vibes, has plenty to give. Just think Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty...lol..As for the gardening, don't like tomatoes but broccoli is one of my fave veggies. How about peppers? Can those be done inside?

As for the cat grass, yes, any info you can give on that would be appreciated. Kharma, the kitty has been nosing around my plants. So I was thinking that maybe he had an upset tummy. Believe it or not, that is the way he sleeps ever since he was a kitten which is when I took the pic. I have seen dogs do that but never cats. He is quite unique in the things he does and very smart...Ah, sorry for the kitty hijack....

Hahaha Bruce Almighty was a good one:Namaste:

I'm not too sure if you like your spices but I think jalapeno's, cayenne and habanero are probably the most common peppers grown, but I'm sure you could do green, or red if you have the space.:circle-of-love::cheer:

I just want you to know that there is no such thing as a kitty hijack. They mean the world to me and there is always room for kitty talk!! =):love::love::Namaste::thanks:

If you have a moment check out CatGrass.net, I believe the sell everything from organic buck oat catgrass to wheat grass. If Kharma is getting an upset tummy, I'd suggest Lucy's Buck Oat CatGrass, as it assists in digestion as well as provides vitamins, fibre and folic acids :cheer:

Indica dom is good choice for the grow box. Any particular strain you have in mind or any indica dom will do?

For drying/curing it's about temperature. The cooler/colder the better with some ventilation while the buds are in dark, cool, dry place. I avoid using a rack because it messes with the outer trich coverage. Like Propa Gator mentioned.

After harvesting the plant I trim off the leaves and collect them later for hash, without breaking the nugs in pieces I hang the cola on a hanger to dry in the closet, which is dark, cool, and dry with ventilation. 3 days later they are dry and ready to jar for curing. Burp daily, leave the lids open for an hour or so in the same environment to release/exchange air and closed it up once again for the next 12-24hrs and burp again. Repeat till at optimal dryness, yet it still look moist. The fragrant will be more noticeable after a week of curing along with potency and taste.

Honestly Twelve, I'd like to go for an exotic strain :high-five:

Me thinks it comes down to Deep Purple - TGA Subcool or OG Kush - Reserva Privada, seeing that those two are in stock at our seedbank! :cheer:

I've been reading that optimal conditions for drying are 65-75 degree temps, 45-50% RH, dark room, and as you mention, good ventilation.

So far I'm at about 70-72F, 45-50% RH, dark room and descent ventilation lol hopefully that isn't too high of temps?

I'm in a bit of a pickle now lol, so it would be better for me to wait until these dry before I jar them? or would it be more beneficial to sweat them before the actual cure takes place?

Lastly, I've saved some trimmings and they're in a paper bag at 68F and being stirred around once a day until dry (5-7 days estimate?) then bust it and toss it in with the dry ice? :Namaste::high-five:

Thanks Twelve:thanks::thanks::adore:

Thats exactly how this nube cured his first harvest and everyone loved it. exspecially muay! remember you can always add moisture back if needed but once its molded, its gone. so burp religiously! you can add a fresh fan leaf if available or an orange peel or fruit of choice. good job on the harvest!:high-five:

I like your style there GG :cheer::high-five:

I feel you on that, and I'm doing whatever I can to prevent mold or over drying lol

You never posted some more info on your harvest besides dried weight? How was the overall smoke? :high-five::adore::thumb:

Orange peel sounds like it would add some zing :smokin:

"Me thinks it comes down to Deep Purple - TGA Subcool or OG Kush - Reserva Privada, seeing that those two are in stock at our seedbank!"

I heard OG Kush is very strong, so if you're down with that go for it! Only come in Feminized seed. About to grow some myself. For TGA Subcool - Deep Purple will be a nice exotic has Purple Urkle genetics in it, only in regular seed.

"So far I'm at about 70-72F, 45-50% RH, dark room and descent ventilation lol hopefully that isn't too high of temps?"

Should still be ok around that temp. Try to let the buds gets dry little bit on the outside then jar it to sweat it out. Curing takes place after the nuges are dried, burping is to dry it evenly, though still part of the curing process.

"Lastly, I've saved some trimmings and they're in a paper bag at 68F and being stirred around once a day until dry (5-7 days estimate?) then bust it and toss it in with the dry ice?"

Sure, when they are dry-moist not crackly then they are ready for hash extraction. Good luck and have fun.

Hey miss bud fantastic results and excellent job on the manicure buds look sooo tasty! Love the drying box thinking of getting somthing similar myself altho it seems forever since i last harvested! ha See you sporting a pair of bud clean's woooow i have some of them bad ass snippers! I have OG Kush - Reserva Privada in my veg garden atm very nice specimen but think my growing skills will be put to the test as its ranked in a advanced growers bank, try my best all i can do!

As for your drying it sounds like you have it under control, personally i dry and cure the same way MSquare does Here's a link for some light reading on Twelves Blog.

:peace::love: + Lots of reps!

Twelve12 Yes the OG is definitely a sleeper! :cheer: A friend of mine had some and it was goodnight missbud :laughtwo:

Yet I am so intrigued by purple colours, and have been hearing that shooting for a female from reg seeds isn't such a bad idea. Breeding is a little step away from me right now but soon as I get a couple grows under my belt it'll be a different story.

It felt like almost all the buds have dried out significantly, so I plopped em over to 1.9L Mason jars for 8-10 hours (depending on Rh reading from Caliber 3 hygrometer in jars). If at any point I see it reach over 70 I'll toss em back in the dryer, and if it's below 50 I'll leave them in there :Namaste:

Thank you for answering my questions friend!:thanks::high-five:

And I would rep you again, and again, and again if I could, especially for that drying/curing link by MSquared you have provided. :thanks:

GodSpeed

First off...:thanks::thanks::circle-of-love::love::high-five::circle-of-love::adore:

Haha yeah apparently those snips are famous? It came with the box =)

I'll keep up with your OG and see if by any chance I might give it a shot? lol:adore:

:thanks: So much for that link by MSquared!!! That is exactly what I am looking for

+ reps! (if I could lol :sorry:)

Update.

Came home and checked the hydrometer in the mason jar and it read 84%. Is that too high or does that sound normal for the first 12 hours of jarring? I ended up taking them back out on to the screens (very carefully) because those numbers seem real high. Should I toss them back in there or should I wait till they dry out a bit more and toss them back in tomorrow?:sorry: for all the questions

Edit: I think everything should be okay. Tomorrow afternoon I will take them out of the dryer (depending if outsides are dry) and toss them back into jars. I read somewhere that for every 5% above 70% means 10-12 hours of extended drying on average

Hey miss bud! harvest is looking quite tastie, over there ;)

Have you taken a taste test yet?? whats the word?! =)

Update

Hello everyone!! :cheer::circle-of-love::adore:

I have been super super super super busy with family, work and other things so I'm just trying to squeeze in an update before I have more time.

The plant was dried for 48 hours, then off to jars to sweat over night, then back to the dryer for 24 hours, sweated over night again, back to dryer for 12 hours, then back to sweating. Right now it looks as if I have the perfect dryness and the smell has got a lot more fruity and pungent than the "chlorophyll" green smell it first had.

Smoke report

So I took a little baby toke out of my sons Roor bong. It was probably the smoothest stuff I've ever smoked, and it turned white after the first little puff. The first thing I wanted to do was clean! =O hahah. It was a very energetic buzz but with a small hint of couch lock/sleepy after a couple minutes. Extremely fruity smell and flavour, I don't know if that was due to the fruit and fusion molasses but it tastes very sweet :circle-of-love:

My total dried weight is 122 g's, which blew my freakin mind off this planet lol
I have 2, Two Litre Mason jars full and I will post pics of everything when I get a chance.

I also got 9.7 g's of Kief from 1oz with the 220m Bubble Bag. I didn't seperate the grades so it is a bit green but dang does it get you medicated or what!!:circle-of-love:

I was wondering if a Moderator could move this to completed journals? I will finish off with one more post of a couple pictures but then it's off to start a new journal!! :Namaste:

Again, thank you all sooooooooooooooooooo much for everything you've done! :thanks::welldone::thumb::circle-of-love::adore::Namaste:

We did it!!:cheer:

Damn that sour.....122g!!!!! That is most excellent, Miss Bud...I was doing the math in my head then my mouth got to watering....lol...I love when I get that kind of high that makes me wanna clean, listen to music or start gaming. That's what it sounds like I would do if I had some of your sour. I have also been paying close attention to your drying out and curing technique...I have read so many journals and it's interesting to see how long people let their plants dry and cure. I am trying to find a happy medium when it comes time for me to harvest.

So lady, when and what is your next journal gonna be? I am already on the edge of my seat....

Damn that sour.....122g!!!!! That is most excellent, Miss Bud...I was doing the math in my head then my mouth got to watering....lol...I love when I get that kind of high that makes me wanna clean, listen to music or start gaming. That's what it sounds like I would do if I had some of your sour. I have also been paying close attention to your drying out and curing technique...I have read so many journals and it's interesting to see how long people let their plants dry and cure. I am trying to find a happy medium when it comes time for me to harvest.

So lady, when and what is your next journal gonna be? I am already on the edge of my seat....

:thanks: sooo much honey!

My total dried weight was very shocking as I was expecting a mere Oz lol.
I spoke a little too soon about the overall high hahaha:sorry: I was totally going for an energetic buzz but after about 30 minutes from the toke I had never felt so sleepy! It was more couch-lock then the purple kush I thought was insanely couch-lock! ahaha. I really just want my arthritis to stop swelling a bit and this damn sour definitely does that and then some!!:cheer::circle-of-love:

This stuff is really good for pain relief, but the insanely sleepy part to it is a little inconvenient hahaha:love::cheer:

About the dry/cure....

I was in a pickle deciding whether to dry on a screen for 5-7 days then off to jars, or to start the "cure" within the drying process. After much research and a couple BCnorthernLights reps, I decided to take the "sweating" technique.

First step is to dry for 48-60 hours, then I put all buds into jars overnight so the moisture from the stem can dissipate through the outer layer. Once morning comes, they are noticibly moist on the outsides again so back to the dryer for 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has past, I notice the outer layer is crisp again so back into the jars for another sweat. Morning comes and I put them back into the dryer for 12 hours. Once those 12 hours are up, I put back into jars for the last overnight sweat test. For the last sweat I put a hygrometer in one jar to see if it's around 65% rh in the morning. From there I decided if it needs another 12 hours of drying by twisting the buds 1.5 rotations (you can go by if the stem almost snaps). If Rh is over 70% it's back into the dryer.

That is what worked for me and if you have any questions or suggestions I would love to hear them!!:Namaste::circle-of-love:

I believe my next journal will be within the next 2 weeks. Just want to tweak some things so I don't have the same problems lol:thanks:

Good luck Queen for MOTM!!!:circle-of-love::adore::Namaste::high-five::cheer:

Awww, thanks Miss Bud about MOTM...Hey if I win, I will name one of my plants after you. How about that? Hey that would be a good idea for all of them actually. I think I am gonna sit back and think of who on here I can name my plants after. I don't think anyone would mind, do you?

I wish I had advice to give on drying and curing but I was so excited by completing my first grow that I quick dried it all. But they were no where near the size that these plants are. Have you decided what strains you're going with on the next grow?

QueenTokeLove

Awww that would be very sweet of you!!:circle-of-love::adore::love:

That's actually not a bad idea lol never thought of that but it's nifty:bravo:

With the way your plants be lookin, me thinks they will repay you and then some!:Namaste:

As far as strains, the seedbank in which just opened is full of really good breeders such as TGA, Mr.Nice, Reserva Privada, G 13 and many others so I might have to take some suggestions lol but I reeeeally like purple colours, and if I could find a good indica, short height with good pain relief I'd be in it to win it!!

:circle-of-love::love::cheer::Namaste:

Twelve12

:thanks: Twelve!!!:Namaste:

I know I said I would post some dry pics but my stupid sister is borrowing my camera and it should have been returned to me last week!

Arrrg, lol for the meantime I snapped a pic with my iPhone 4S, pretty crappy compared to the Canon!

Soon as it's back in my possession I'll go pic picture crazy!:adore::circle-of-love::Namaste:

Mr.Krip

:thanks: soooo much Mr.Krip!!

:adore::cheer::circle-of-love::love::love:

And :thanks: for the reps!!:smokin:

Un-manicured
bud149.jpg

This was an awesome run, I not only had a blast, but a learning experience as well.
Couldn't thank any one of you enough, seriously...your all amazing!!:circle-of-love::cheer::Namaste:

Great grow and great job young lady! :circle-of-love:

You sure have a knack for this. For selfish reasons, I hope you skip the veggies and grow some OG Kush or Deep Purple. I have an OG Kush seedling going right now, and a Deadhead OG seedling with it, as well as a couple of TGA strains (Jack the Ripper and Pandora's Box). Some will be flowered, some will probably become mini moms.

Mega congrats on a great journal, great grow, and great results. I knew you'd get at least 2 ounces. +rep, and 5 stars on your journal.

Oh, and I'm sorry I've been so absent lately. I'm starting to feel a bit better again, relatively speaking, and trying to get caught up. Nice job, and I sure hope you stick around! :)

GodSpeed:thanks: for all your support GS. You've been here since day one and I appreciate it too much:circle-of-love::love:

Things aren't looking the best right now but soon as my journal is up, a pm will be in your inbox:adore::cheer::Namaste:

Xlr8 The first thing I want you to know X, your the only person who I really don't want a sorry from at all.

I actually got the TGA idea from your journal so thank you for that:thanks:

Things have taken a little turn for the worse but I will still try to hop on here and check things out.

Honestly, X, it felt as if I had you tag along the whole time. Thank you for the incredible vibes:circle-of-love::love::adore:

BCBudd
:thanks: BC!!!

hopefully it won't take too long but I'd rather sort out some things first with personal stuff. Congratulations on your awesome harvest!!!!:circle-of-love::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom