MissBud and Her Damn Sour

At this point, a little brown water? Tut tut, I've never flushed at the end. Uh huh, I'm one of those.
Run moderate to low ppms all the way, and surprise myself when it's harvest day.

My PE smells like durian fruit blended tastfully with roadkill skunk,
spritzed with a mist of diesel fuel for bag appeal :adore: And, it tastes even better :)
What part of that would I want to change, with all that end-game purging?
:slide:

Update. Day 65 Flower

Well friends, I think today was the last day of flushing:Namaste:

I checked run-off PPM's numerously and the highest spike was around 300, lowest being around 80. I've been reading a lot that trimming, manicuring and drying is more crucial to the clean taste than the flush by far:reading420magazine:. So ladies and gents, looks like Wednesday will be the lucky day! :cheer::high-five::Namaste::peace:

The soil seems to dry out a lot over 2 days so if tomorrow morning I notice it's fairly dry, I'll see if a head start is possible :smokin:

I also ordered a 220m Bubble bag from ALT and am expecting it this week so any sugar trim and leafy buds will be turned into dry ice hash! - Thanks to Twelve12 of course:thanks:

Edit: Did a last run to crappy tire and picked up some fat max razor blades, a pair of nitrile gloves (no patroleum or latex), and another pair of pruners for my son :Namaste:

Thank you to absolutely everyone for all their help, courage, positivity and of course LOVE!!:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::love::love::thanks::thanks::thanks::high-five::Namaste::cheer:

"I also ordered a 220m Bubble bag from ALT and am expecting it this week so any sugar trim and leafy buds will be turned into dry ice hash!"

Hi MissBud! You'll like the dry ice method. Sugar leaves are best. Let me know how you like the 220m bag. For dry ice method the 73m bag is what I use. Expect some plant matter to be in the hash for bigger size.

Hi MissBud! You'll like the dry ice method. Sugar leaves are best. Let me know how you like the 220m bag. For dry ice method the 73m bag is what I use. Expect some plant matter to be in the hash for bigger size.

Yeah all those dumb videos on youtube telling everyone to buy 220m screens. I just read your's and Goshawks conversation about the 73 getting amazing quality hash but oh well, what can I do?:icon_roll

Btw thank you for tagging along for the ride!!! :thanks::thanks::Namaste::circle-of-love::adore::cheer:

Update. Day 67 Flower. Harvest Day

All I can say is :thanks: to every single member on this site. I feel as if I got some new family :smokin:

IMG_27573.JPG

Screen 1
IMG_27592.JPG

Screen 2
IMG_27602.JPG

Screen 3
IMG_27613.JPG

I was too excited to weigh it wet lol but I promise to be back with a tdw and smoke report!:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Lovely harvest, MissBud! Looks frosty can you get a close up shot? Like to see the nug filled the frame, lol. Did you made the dry box? Looks pro! With this harvest you should have some meds for awhile. Starting a new journal soon? Any idea on strains for your second run? Not sure why I ask too many questions, do you know? lol

Lovely harvest, MissBud! Looks frosty can you get a close up shot? Like to see the nug filled the frame, lol. Did you made the dry box? Looks pro! With this harvest you should have some meds for awhile. Starting a new journal soon? Any idea on strains for your second run? Not sure why I ask too many questions, do you know? lol

:thanks: Twelve12 =)

Of course I can get a close up for you ;)

I wish I made the box :laughtwo::;):
It's a BCNL product, and pretty well built if you ask me :Namaste:
It has a lock, 3 screens and a carbon filter at the bottom

Even though I might be set for a little bit with these meds, I haven't felt this in touch with nature ever in my life. We just had a new seedbank open up so I'll be looking for an Indica dom, short height, and a faster finish than 65 days! lol:cheer:

I was thinking about doing a veggie run in the box but this was just so much fun!:circle-of-love:

Update.

So I went into the dryer this morning to turn them all around, when finished I wanted to confirm that turning them everyday while drying was ok. A bcnl rep then suggests me to do this....:scratchinghead:

Blair 1 866 599 0979 says:
first day you should put them in dryer for 48 hours
then take them out and sweat them overnight in a jar or ziplock bag
then put back in the dryer for 24hours
then take out and sweat again over night
then put back in for 12 hours
then sweat again
keep doing that until you have the perfect dryness
usually if you twist the bud two rotations and it snaps... it means its dry enough
actually more like 1.5 rotations

So this will be my new plan, does anyone think this will be better than just screen drying for a week then cure? and also how long to sweat each time? There won't be mold by doing this either? sorry for all the q's everyone.:sorry:

I think that a lot of the cure happens with the dry-out. I recently dried a crop in 30% RH air and I scrambled a bit to slow it down, or the outsides of nugs would be crispy and brittle before the insides were safe to bag. I avoid over-handling because each time the nugs touch anything, outside visible trichs are degraded. My product must look great, as well as smell powerfully.
You could turn off the circ fan in the dryer periodically, or do as Blair said. I spray water on directly.
Yes, that's right! The Gator who won't 'mist' cuttings, sprays drying nugs :hmmmm:

Wow Miss Bud, that looks like an excellent harvest and I can't wait for the smoke report. Nice drying box too, btw. I saw you mentioned growing veggies. I would like to do that but which ones are good to grow inside? Plus I would like to grow something for my kitty to eat when he gets an upset tummy. Any suggestions?

Propa Gator

Awesome help there friend!:cheer:
You've really simplified a lot for me, :thanks: for everything

Tomorrow at 1 pm (48 hours exactly from start) I will put all the buds into 1 L mason jars for 6-8 hours Then back into the dryer from the on-going process.

+reps for doing things differently:goodjob:

QueenTokeLove :circle-of-love::adore::cheer:

How ya doing girl??:high-five:

Thank you for your positive energy and nice words :thanks:

For the veggie sitch, me thinks a tomato plant would be fairly simple or I would love to give broccoli a shot:popcorn::smokin:

Lastly, I was at the pet store the other day and came across a product called "CatGrass" which is filled with fibre and vitamins, plus it helps remove hairballs =) I believe the clerk said it is pretty common those days so if your interested and can't find anything just pm me :circle-of-love::peace:

P.S your display picture has to be the cutest friggen thing I've ever seen, I bet the cuddle sessions are awesome ;)

Eh, I am doing well, my sleep schedule is a little off since I seem to sleep when the plants do now..lol...Hey, I am all for sending positivity and good vibes, has plenty to give. Just think Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty...lol..As for the gardening, don't like tomatoes but broccoli is one of my fave veggies. How about peppers? Can those be done inside?

As for the cat grass, yes, any info you can give on that would be appreciated. Kharma, the kitty has been nosing around my plants. So I was thinking that maybe he had an upset tummy. Believe it or not, that is the way he sleeps ever since he was a kitten which is when I took the pic. I have seen dogs do that but never cats. He is quite unique in the things he does and very smart...Ah, sorry for the kitty hijack....

Indica dom is good choice for the grow box. Any particular strain you have in mind or any indica dom will do?

For drying/curing it's about temperature. The cooler/colder the better with some ventilation while the buds are in dark, cool, dry place. I avoid using a rack because it messes with the outer trich coverage. Like Propa Gator mentioned.

After harvesting the plant I trim off the leaves and collect them later for hash, without breaking the nugs in pieces I hang the cola on a hanger to dry in the closet, which is dark, cool, and dry with ventilation. 3 days later they are dry and ready to jar for curing. Burp daily, leave the lids open for an hour or so in the same environment to release/exchange air and closed it up once again for the next 12-24hrs and burp again. Repeat till at optimal dryness, yet it still look moist. The fragrant will be more noticeable after a week of curing along with potency and taste.

Thats exactly how this nube cured his first harvest and everyone loved it. exspecially muay! remember you can always add moisture back if needed but once its molded, its gone. so burp religiously! you can add a fresh fan leaf if available or an orange peel or fruit of choice. good job on the harvest!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom